Voters
271. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Atom (Ryan Choi)

21 7.75%
  • Katana (Tatsu Yamashiro)

56 20.66%
  • Batgirl (Cassandra Cain)

107 39.48%
  • Acomplished Perfect Physician (Yao Fei)

1 0.37%
  • August General in Iron (Fang Zhifu)

3 1.11%
  • Dr. Light (Kimiyo Hoshi)

32 11.81%
  • Green Arrow (Connor Hawke)

17 6.27%
  • OMAC (Kevin Kho)

3 1.11%
  • Green Lantern (Kai Ro)

3 1.11%
  • I Ching

2 0.74%
  • Thunder (Gan Williams)

2 0.74%
  • Lightning (Tavis Williams)

1 0.37%
  • Other

23 8.49%
Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Dr. Light wins by a mile for me but I also like Katanna, Thunder & Lightning, August General, and OMAC.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Does anyone remember Striker Z from Power Company? I liked him.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    Does anyone remember Striker Z from Power Company? I liked him.
    Z's been mentioned a few times in this thread, so yes. I wish his powers were more impressive though - being able to power the weapons he carries isn't really all that different from having weapons that have their own power source. Perhaps if he'd developed his powers to become more like Ultra Boy - where his energies allowed him various abilities when called upon depending on how creative he was with them, might've fueled the imagination a bit more and made him less reliant on his gear.

Samurai (Toshio Eto) is my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Z's been mentioned a few times in this thread, so yes. I wish his powers were more impressive though - being able to power the weapons he carries isn't really all that different from having weapons that have their own power source. Perhaps if he'd developed his powers to become more like Ultra Boy - where his energies allowed him various abilities when called upon depending on how creative he was with them, might've fueled the imagination a bit more and made him less reliant on his gear.
    I'm not familiar with Danny but his power does sound interesting. I'd make it so that he can infuse his energy into any object to either strengthen them or make them explode similar to Gambit from the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm not familiar with Danny but his power does sound interesting. I'd make it so that he can infuse his energy into any object to either strengthen them or make them explode similar to Gambit from the X-Men.
    I like the added tweak to his powers that you mentioned.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

I like a lot of the characters listed...Doctor Light, August General in Iron, Katana...but for me, it's always going to be Tsunami. I don't think she's been seen since Infinite Crisis...somebody should definitely bring her back.

Extraordinary Member

EXCLUSIVE: DC's "New Super-Man" Introduces New Bat-Man, New Wonder-Woman

NEW SUPER-MAN #2

Written by GENE LUEN YANG • Art by VIKTOR BOGDANOVIC and RICHARD FRIEND • Cover by VIKTOR BOGDANOVIC • Variant cover by BERNARD CHANG

“Made in China” part two! The New Super-Man must face off against the Justice League of China? When Kenan Kong was imbued with the powers of Superman, he didn’t waste any time using them! Now it’s up to the New Bat-Man and New Wonder-Woman of his home country to bring our hero back down to earth—just in time to stop the attack of the deadly Sunbeam!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...w-wonder-woman

BANNED

Dr. Light and Katana

I think it's quite telling that the top 3 are all Asian females. The males of Asian descent don't get much attention i guess. Anyway Katana is one of my favorites, even though I voted for Batgirl.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

BANNED

Indeed plus they are far more used. I mean they at least show up consistently compared to the guys. Who can kinda feel like one offs. Probably helps 2 are closely tied to Bat. Dr. Light well its a cool power.

BANNED

Even if he's not a huge success, Chinese Superman will still easily be the most prominent Asian male character at DC, due entirely to lack of competition. Only guy who comes even close is Ryan Choi, who might get a little bit of popularity if his upcoming Atom series with Ray Palmer does well.

BANNED

Pretty much the competition is so weak.

Yup the girls dominate when it comes to Asian representation. Although I wonder why Ryan Choi didn't quite take off like his Latino comrade Jaime did. I mean both were taking the mantle from a White hero, yet only Jaime overcame that.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

If I had to guess, I'd say that Ryan was too much like his predecessor without being distinctive. Jaime's adventures and experiences were not anything like what Ted would have been - it was a real departure/reinvention. It was more akin to how Flash and Green Lantern were reinvented in the silver age. Ryan as the Atom seemed like just a different guy in the suit and using the name.