Voters
271. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Atom (Ryan Choi)

21 7.75%
  • Katana (Tatsu Yamashiro)

56 20.66%
  • Batgirl (Cassandra Cain)

107 39.48%
  • Acomplished Perfect Physician (Yao Fei)

1 0.37%
  • August General in Iron (Fang Zhifu)

3 1.11%
  • Dr. Light (Kimiyo Hoshi)

32 11.81%
  • Green Arrow (Connor Hawke)

17 6.27%
  • OMAC (Kevin Kho)

3 1.11%
  • Green Lantern (Kai Ro)

3 1.11%
  • I Ching

2 0.74%
  • Thunder (Gan Williams)

2 0.74%
  • Lightning (Tavis Williams)

1 0.37%
  • Other

23 8.49%
Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bat22 View Post
    The latter took up the Atom mantle while the former is Chinese Superman. In terms of non-legacy, I think you have to go back to Samurai of the Super Friends for the most recognizeable male hero. Not that he can't have an Asian American update like Wind Dragon in JLU.
    I don't think there is an iconic male non legacy hero to name from recent memory.

Monkey Prince seems like the best bet.
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Really wish Wind Dragon appeared in the comics as a straightforward hero. Out of all the Ultimen, he and Long Shadow have the best shot of being ported over a legitimate characters. Juice, Downpour, and Shifter all have more prominent equivalents already in the form of Black Lightning and the Wonder Twins, whom they were obviously based on.

I don't mind if Shifter and Downpour got canonized as future versions of the Wonder Twins. I agree about Wind Dragon and Longshadow tho.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Absolutely need to.
    Even if it's just friends hanging out, I'd be fine with it. Outside of Deilan and Dragonson, the other 3 are hanging out with the hero families. So I'm hoping the other two follow suit.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I don't think there is an iconic male non legacy hero to name from recent memory.

Monkey Prince seems like the best bet.

I don't mind if Shifter and Downpour got canonized as future versions of the Wonder Twins. I agree about Wind Dragon and Longshadow tho.

Even if it's just friends hanging out, I'd be fine with it. Outside of Deilan and Dragonson, the other 3 are hanging out with the hero families. So I'm hoping the other two follow suit.
    I especially am fond of and miss seeing Dragonson.

I especially am fond of and miss seeing Dragonson.
    I'm hoping Yang could do a miniseries about one of them. Having Deilan or Dragonson connect with Themyscira or Atlantis would be a cool hook.

Astonishing Member

I'm hoping Yang could do a miniseries about one of them. Having Deilan or Dragonson connect with Themyscira or Atlantis would be a cool hook.
    Completely agreed!

Of the JLC Avery feels like the weakest member. She came in too late so Yang doing a follow up miniseries on her would be welcome.

Does South Asian characters like the new Swamp Thing count?

Astonishing Member

They certainly should.

Of the JLC Avery feels like the weakest member. She came in too late so Yang doing a follow up miniseries on her would be welcome.

Levi is fantastic, I’m glad Ram V is continuing to create more Indian characters. I’d say they count even if ethnically they’re different from what Americans typically mean when they say “Asian”.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

They certainly should.
    Cool. I bought volume 3 of his run so I'll reread it over the weekend.

The Red Canary had a fun spotlight segment in today's Lazarus Planet issue but I wish we got it sooner.

The latter took up the Atom mantle while the former is Chinese Superman. In terms of non-legacy, I think you have to go back to Samurai of the Super Friends for the most recognizeable male hero. Not that he can't have an Asian American update like Wind Dragon in JLU.
    Unfortunately there really aren’t a lot of non-legacy POC characters in the DCU which can create a big problem as they will always have to share the mantle.

The lack of Asian male characters is pretty glaring. Would love to see Wind Dragon introduced.

Here’s hoping Monkey Prince sticks around. Lots of story potential as he’s bringing aspects of Journey to the West into the DCU.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Levi is fantastic, I’m glad Ram V is continuing to create more Indian characters. I’d say they count even if ethnically they’re different from what Americans typically mean when they say “Asian”.
    In addition to Levi and his brother Jacob, what are the other Indian characters Ram V has created?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I'm South Asian myself so I agree.

I liked Volume 3 and I'm hoping Levi pops up elsewhere. I'll probably do a reread of his run over the weekend.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-08-2023 at 08:12 AM.

BANNED

As I'm sure it's already been stated, the NEW GUARDIANS book did have a good amount of Asian representation: Gloss from China, Ram from Japan, and Green Lantern's Thomas Kalmaku of Inuk origin (not sure if Inuk-American).

As I'm sure it's already been stated, the NEW GUARDIANS book did have a good amount of Asian representation: Gloss from China, Ram from Japan, and Green Lantern's Thomas Kalmaku of Inuk origin (not sure if Inuk-American).

It would be cool if DC revisits them or updates them for the 2020s.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-08-2023 at 12:08 PM.

Incredible Member

I want to see another book featuring The Great Ten. Well, now it's THE GREAT TWENTY, but still...

In addition to Levi and his brother Jacob, what are the other Indian characters Ram V has created?
    A couple of characters on the Andromeda submarine from "Aquaman: Andromeda". I'm going of the wiki as I haven't read it yet.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-08-2023 at 05:13 PM.