Voters
271. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Atom (Ryan Choi)

21 7.75%
  • Katana (Tatsu Yamashiro)

56 20.66%
  • Batgirl (Cassandra Cain)

107 39.48%
  • Acomplished Perfect Physician (Yao Fei)

1 0.37%
  • August General in Iron (Fang Zhifu)

3 1.11%
  • Dr. Light (Kimiyo Hoshi)

32 11.81%
  • Green Arrow (Connor Hawke)

17 6.27%
  • OMAC (Kevin Kho)

3 1.11%
  • Green Lantern (Kai Ro)

3 1.11%
  • I Ching

2 0.74%
  • Thunder (Gan Williams)

2 0.74%
  • Lightning (Tavis Williams)

1 0.37%
  • Other

23 8.49%
Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

There is a lot of cool Asian male characters who unfortunately don't get the development that they need. Windshear, Striker Z, Wind Dragon/Samurai (It astounds me why DC hasn't incorporated the ethnic Superfriends into the comics), Ryan Choi, OMAC!! The characters and the potential are there, it's just DC is reluctant to anything with them!

Here's hoping Kenan Kong lasts! He could make for a very interesting addition to the Super family!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Extraordinary Member

Ryan choi was shown in dc's rebirth one shot,so he will be in the new rebirth books.
    Last edited by mace11; 07-28-2016 at 01:00 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Katrina Law

Katrina Law as Nyssa al Ghul in Arrow

Vanessa Hudgens Joins NBC's DC Universe Comedy "Powerless" in Leading Role

Hudgens will play Emily Locke, "an insurance claims adjuster who loves her job because she gets to help people," in "Powerless."

Full article here.
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...n-leading-role

DC's Powerless Trailer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGC6x2mc_W8
    Last edited by mace11; 07-28-2016 at 01:16 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Lady Shiva

Sung-Hi Lee as Lady Shiva in Birds of Prey.

Television
    # Lady Shiva appears in the Birds of Prey TV series in the episode "Lady Shiva" portrayed by Sung-Hi Lee.

# Lady Shiva appears in Beware the Batman voiced by Finola Hughes.

# According to Arrow recurring guest star Katrina Law at Dragoncon, she believed that she was auditioned for Lady Shiva before being cast as Nyssa al Ghul.

Film
    * Lady Shiva appears in the direct-to-video animated film Superman/Batman: Public Enemies, voiced by Rachael MacFarlane.

Video games
    # Lady Shiva appears in the DC Universe Online video game.

# Lady Shiva appears in the portable version of Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes as a playable character

# Lady Shiva appears in Batman: Arkham Origins, voiced by Kelly Hu.

Miscellaneous
    # Lady Shiva was voiced by Lorelei King in the 1994 Batman: Knightfall audio book.

# Shiva was voiced by Tania Gunadi in the DC Super Hero Girls special DC Super Hero High.

Reception
    In 2011, UGO Networks featured Lady Shiva on their list of 25 Hot Ninja Girls: "She's the type of woman who makes it obvious why Bruce Wayne never really found love - his type is all too capable of kicking his ass." She was ranked #8 on the list of Top 10 Fictional Ninjas by Fandomania for being "one of the deadliest martial artists on the DC Comics universe".

Extraordinary Member
    Last edited by mace11; 07-28-2016 at 02:41 PM.

I think I listed all the Asian lead solo series that DC has put out, however I am only human and might have missed one. Feel free to help me haha

How would you guys incorporate Asami Koizumi into the DCU? I'd use the similar plot of the Young Justice cartoon, except I'd use the Dominatos instead as they're the ones shown as being interested in the meta gene. Asami would develop aerokinesis instead of chi manipulation and would be from Tokyo and be a superhero fan of numerous heroes such as Kimiyo Hoshi, whom she'd be eventually mentored by.

Also, for Ryuko Orsono, I have some ideas for new abilities he'd have. I'd have him a sorcerer who'd learned a lost form of magic that allows him to duplicate objects. Doesn't sound special at first, but this also includes magical objects such as Wonder Woman's Lasso, Xcalibur, Sun Wokung's staff, Zeus Master Bolt etc. Inspiration from Shirou Emiya and Archer from Fate/Stay Night

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Archer_(Fate/stay_night)

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Shirou_Emiya

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How would you guys incorporate Asami Koizumi into the DCU? I'd use the similar plot of the Young Justice cartoon, except I'd use the Dominatos instead as they're the ones shown as being interested in the meta gene. Asami would develop aerokinesis instead of chi manipulation and would be from Tokyo and be a superhero fan of numerous heroes such as Kimiyo Hoshi, whom she'd be eventually mentored by.

Also, for Ryuko Orsono, I have some ideas for new abilities he'd have. I'd have him a sorcerer who'd learned a lost form of magic that allows him to duplicate objects. Doesn't sound special at first, but this also includes magical objects such as Wonder Woman's Lasso, Xcalibur, Sun Wokung's staff, Zeus Master Bolt etc. Inspiration from Shirou Emiya and Archer from Fate/Stay Night

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Archer_(Fate/stay_night)

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Shirou_Emiya
    I'd honestly like it more if DC introduced Toshio Eto into the DCU instead of Asami. DC has plenty of Asian female characters so I'd rather they finally add one of their oldest Asian characters to the comics Samurai aka Wind Dragon. You could make him a teen like Asami was or an adult who joins the League.

As for Bushido, I like your idea. Fate/Stay Night was really compelling! Archer was a legit boss!! Haha So Ryuko having his powers would be cool
    Last edited by El_Gato; 07-30-2016 at 11:36 AM.

I'd say DC has plenty of Asian male characters as well. They just don't get as much focus as the females (who only have it slightly better). Hell, I just thought of two characters that could be brought back; Ram and the Hat. Ram could show up as an occasional guest star in Cyborg's book and the Hat could appear in one of DC's magic focused titles.

BANNED

Yeah I think when u dig deep enough you can find some but...

I have a hunch that Katana will be in Injustice 2. Either as a main roster character or as part of DLC. She's everywhere lately so why not ..

Extraordinary Member

Deleted reply.
    Last edited by mace11; 07-31-2016 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Since comics (or at least us superhero comics) are not exactly main steam popculture in most other countries, going global doesn't make much sense for the comic book part of DC (at least much less than for the movie and TV part).
    Going global should be Warner Bros. directive to DC comics. The reason Marvel was trying to shut down the X-Men division of their comic division for a while was that they didn't want to give Fox Studios more material since all X-Men related stuff belongs to them. Accordingly WB should want a more global bend to their comics to give a Movie division more material to work with.

One successful blockbuster will pull in more money than DC Comics would in about a decade. They need to use DC Comics for IP purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Captain Steel is active in the earth 2 society comic and there is the new asian batman.
    The asian atom will becoming and there is one of the shazam kids who is asian that will show up the shazam book once the book comes out.
    Gotham academy has a asian male in the book as well.
    You could say simon baz is asian since and he was born lebanon.Of course he is not east asian,he is arab and southwest asian.
    God bless you mace11 for working so hard in finding any scrap of material that DC will throw us hungry Asian dogs to gnaw on.
    Last edited by Mr.Majestic; 08-01-2016 at 07:24 AM.

I'm really curious to see how audiences will react to Katana. Suicide Squad is poised to be a huge hit for DC (if opening weekend and buzz is anything to go by) so Katana will undoubtedly be getting a huge rub in popularity and notoriety.