Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    she may look great but i like my mj...
    Don't you mean "MY MJ" in ALL CAPS?

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Yes, well, there is that.

Kind of disappointed that there aren't as many meltdowns about the actors being Disney channel actors. Those shows (and actors by association) are not exactly the epitome of the acting arts.
    That's the part that bothers me the most. Like I'm cringing.

Quote Originally Posted by icantstandthisindecision View Post
    Zendaya is the only Disney actor in this film, and judging her solely based on her Disney work, is... well... unfair.

She hasn't gotten much of a chance to break outside of Disney and does great with what she's given, like Rowan Blanchard.
    Fwiw, I enjoy her performances on Disney. The material is goofy, but hey thats the medium we are working with.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    Dawson Casting set off such a bad trend that people look at Tom Holland and see a "fetus". People have been so jaded that they don't realize that Tom Holland looks the right age.
    QFT

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    People are complaining because they want their comic characters to be close to their comic book counterparts. Same reason some fans would complain about organic webbing.
    QFT

That said, the only things I'd *really* care about normally in a Spider-Man adaptation visually are Gwen being blonde and M.J. being ginger.

However, Marvel's hardon for corporate synergy makes me beyond iffy at the prospect of racebending long-established characters; leave the comics alone! If they're here to replace one of the best groups of supporting characters in comics, however, I'd be less thrilled for the movies while being less worried for the comics, as Marvel would likely just halfheartedly add them to established history.
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

Astonishing Member

i'm not racist but i am tired of diversity just for the sake of it.
    Define what "diversity for the sake of it" means.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Define what "diversity for the sake of it" means.
    a need to change a character's race just to get attention or for the audiance sake because of acceptance even though that wouldn't effect anything .

a need to change a character's race just to get attention or for the audiance sake because of acceptance even though that wouldn't effect anything .
    That's cute. Now prove that that's what Marvel is doing here or GTFO. Cause to me it looks like they simply had open auditions regardless of one's skin or hair color.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I'm pretty sure real-life adopted siblings would not be thrilled to hear their relationship is "different" than regular siblings.
    I hate the world regular, adopted siblings are different than blood-related and Half siblings, doesn’t mean bad it’s just not the same it’s like the difference between blood siblings and step siblings, it’s the conditions in which you join the family unit.
    Blood siblings you are born to the same parents as you’re siblings
    Half you share either a mother or a father
    Step your mum/dad marries you’re new siblings mon/dad
    Adopted – you are chosen to join a family but you don’t share a blood connection.
    To say something is different doesn’t mean bad and I personally see no reason why they would be angry. Sometimes change works and other times it doesn’t with the Fantastic 4 it didn’t work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    And that representing adopted siblings can only be the result of people being "careless".
    I could be wrong but that’s not what Mister Mets said, he said in this one case that the studio Fox were careless in their casting because of the source material and I’m sure that fox knew they would be blacklash and did it anyway. It seems they changed the race to be diverse but not to diverse, I mean its not like we don’t have interracial relationships in the world but the director wanted a mix family, you know please don’t get me started on this film.
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post
    That's cute. Now prove that that's what Marvel is doing here or GTFO. Cause to me it looks like they simply had open auditions regardless of one's skin or hair color.
    I’m going to wait and see who they actually are playing before I lose my cool, I honestly wouldn’t be against them going the Ulimate route and have Ava as one of the supporting cast but I’ll wait and see.
    Truth is the best policy

Astonishing Member

So, is your complaint about diversity, or changing a character's race?

If it's the latter, then which character's race has been changed?

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Do we have ideas who these guys are ultimately playing? I mean I wouldn't mind the change, so long as the actress playing MJ has red hair (ginger's don't get enough recognition), and keeps her personality in tact, I'll be good.

Then again this could be smaller roles and then they'll save the major ones for last. Or at least saying who got what part last.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Do we have ideas who these guys are ultimately playing? I mean I wouldn't mind the change, so long as the actress playing MJ has red hair (ginger's don't get enough recognition), and keeps her personality in tact, I'll be good.

Then again this could be smaller roles and then they'll save the major ones for last. Or at least saying who got what part last.
    Right now, if they've even announced who they are playing, they are using names for "new characters." Anything else is just speculation on our part that these may be placeholder names and they might be playing the classic characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post
    look around you . they keep changing characters race with the shows and movies replace characters just to be more ethnic. the fans and audiance made it worse . they even tried to push for a black peter parker or a miles morales series.

look around you . they keep changing characters race with the shows and movies replace characters just to be more ethnic. the fans and audiance made it worse . they even tried to push for a black peter parker or a miles morales series.
    It's a handful of people, but the majority were in favor of Peter Parker being a new Spider-Man and of studios not limiting the role of Peter Parker to "minority" actors.

http://community.comicbookresources....ker+cast+black

Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    Sometimes change works and other times it doesn’t with the Fantastic 4 it didn’t work.
    Of all the things that didn't work in Fant4stic, I don't think Sue being adopted was one of them. The characterizations OTOH left wanting for more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It's a handful of people, but the majority were in favor of Peter Parker being a new Spider-Man and of studios not limiting the role of Peter Parker to "minority" actors.

And there was also a Sony casting sheet which specified that the actor playing Peter Parker had to be Caucasian. So if there was anyone who wasn't getting a fair shake in that scenario, it was the minority race actors applying for the role.