Someone over on the Superman forum said that the new Batman Rebirth title is going to focus on Batman and that we won't see the rest of the "Bat family" like Damian or some other Robin or whatever. I wanted to confirm that with you guys and make sure it's correct.

To be honest, one of the big turnoffs to be with modern Batman is his crime fighting preteen son, and, to a lesser extent, his tendency to wind up with various teenage Robins.

If I could really just reading an on-going series at the new DC price point of $2.99 (Starting in late May) where Batman is just in the batcave and sweeping the streets of Gotham at night for bad guys, with a little assistance from Alfred and/or Jim Gordon, I could see giving that a try, especially if I wind up dropping my Superman subs, which it looks like I will, since they are replacing the new52 Superman, who I liked, with SuperDad and his preteen crimefighting son (The less I say on that, the better. Don't get me started.).

Traditionally, that's what I've liked, either the loner Batman, Batman in the Justice League, or Batman teaming with Superman (Hey, like I said, I like Superman [At least the current version, no comment on SuperDad]). Right now my only "Batman" sub is the Batman-Superman comic, which is going to be discontinued by DC Comics after the May issue.

But I don't want to sub and then find myself stuck paying for and reading a story about Damian or a new (or old) teenage Robin coming back or whatever. I get that they will be "in the universe", but I'd only really be interested in a book that makes passing references when necessary to maintain continuity, and not a book where they are regular or frequently recurring characters. After all, if I wanted to read a book about a superhero's 10 year old son fighting crime (And I don't), I'd just stick with my Superman subs.