Page 16 of 124 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Spawn

Fantastic Member

Yeah issue 248 is out now with the finished cover below. Been catching up on the last 4 issues so I'll have thoughts later.

Interesting cover for Resurrection. Plan seems to be to do 250 in January, the Spawn Resurrection One Shot in February, then 251 in March.

Art is going to take some getting used to going by that cover and the Comic Con art especially the facial area that is more demon/Venom like.

Canadian Curmudgeon Scott M Davis's Avatar

If you pull a Liefeld and count up all the specials and annuals etc, its well over 300
    Pull List: Catalyst Prime Titles and Dinosaucers

Rob Liefield doesn't count. He doesn't even exist.

Awesome cover tho.

Anybody find the 250 variant covers yet?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Are they out there already? I haven't seen any outside of the regular cover Todd did.

No i dont think so, thats why im asking.
    Frustrating when you preorder your comics, not knowing which cover to spring for. Especially with the likes of McFarlane, Capullo, Jock etc...

Fantastic Member

No i dont think so, thats why im asking.
    Frustrating when you preorder your comics, not knowing which cover to spring for. Especially with the likes of McFarlane, Capullo, Jock etc...
    Ah gotcha. Yeah I haven't seen any word on them. I'm just hoping they don't pull a 200 and use one of the variant covers as a panel in the actual issue like they did with Capullo's 200 variant. Capullo is gonna rock it like always, Jock I'm really interested in, but the one I'm most looking forward to seeing is Sean Murphy's. I think his style fits Spawn very well and can't wait to see what his cover looks like.

Midtown Comics has them but not pictures yet.

Man I miss Haunt. KIRKMAN'S Haunt, not that steaming pile of **** Casey did. Was the best book on the shelve :/ Still pissed at Capullo even if he is my fav artist of all times for leaving the project thus ending the title with Kirkman.
    Last edited by Jack00; 11-07-2014 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    Ah gotcha. Yeah I haven't seen any word on them. I'm just hoping they don't pull a 200 and use one of the variant covers as a panel in the actual issue like they did with Capullo's 200 variant. Capullo is gonna rock it like always, Jock I'm really interested in, but the one I'm most looking forward to seeing is Sean Murphy's. I think his style fits Spawn very well and can't wait to see what his cover looks like.
    Highest incentive is 1:100, don't remember who is making it tho. Ordered them all for 200$ at my LCS.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack00 View Post
    Man I miss Haunt. KIRKMAN'S Haunt, not that steaming pile of **** Casey did. Was the best book on the shelve :/ Still pissed at Capullo even if he is my fav artist of all times for leaving the project thus ending the title with Kirkman.
    This.

Kirkman's run was fucking amazing. That futuristic bullshit they pulled was horrendus crap, from what I'm told it's been nixed anyway, so only Kirkman's run counts when seeing this Haunt in Spawn. I actually wouldn't mind Haunt as a "side-kick" for Spawn in this new run after #250 since it'll be more Superhero style. Having a Priest be the sidekick of a Hellspawn would actually be ironic and awesome.

I wonder if Al will look all burnt and disfigured when he's not covered by the Hellspawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Knight View Post
    This.

Kirkman's run was fucking amazing. That futuristic bullshit they pulled was horrendus crap, from what I'm told it's been nixed anyway, so only Kirkman's run counts when seeing this Haunt in Spawn. I actually wouldn't mind Haunt as a "side-kick" for Spawn in this new run after #250 since it'll be more Superhero style. Having a Priest be the sidekick of a Hellspawn would actually be ironic and awesome.

Amazing Member

Another artist I can't get into.

Will Todd be drawing the triple sized 250?

Spectacular Member

I wonder if Al will look all burnt and disfigured when he's not covered by the Hellspawn.
    Man, I hope not. Al's story has evolved him being burnt. But I bet they'll use some explanation about him blowing his own head up to have him disfigured again.

Al can't catch a break.