Page 95 of 124 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1857

Thread: Spawn

Two LCSs near me have tons of King Spawn #1s sitting on the shelves. The shop owners said no one is buying them - while the main Spawn book sells decently.
    So you have a very weak overall story and horrible writing - this is not going to carry 4 books for long.
    Last edited by Destro777; 09-15-2021 at 07:22 AM.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    Two LCSs near me have tons of King Spawn #1s sitting on the shelves. The shop owners said no one is buying them - while the main Spawn book sells decently.
    So you have a very weak overall story and horrible writing - this is not going to carry 4 books for long.
    With the webtoons having marvel,dc,and Archie wonder is spawn would also get a webtoon

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    It is incredibly stupid, makes Al like a child throwing a random tantrum
    Yeah, this was the vibe for Al all issue. I know Spawn has always been a melodramatic series, but it makes it more difficult to buy the seriousness of what's going on, when Spawn is acting like a petulant toddler. Especially when that's a side of him that only seems to be whipped out whenever some internal conflict needs to be fabricated to ratchet up the stakes. The tension at Spawn HQ for the past few issues has felt pretty contrived.

Incredible Member

I just went to my LCS and dropped 200 bucks getting all my books for the past three-four months in my box that I hadn’t had a chance to get (60 percent of them were Spawn abs all the alternate covers). Finally read Spawn issues 318-321, Spawn Universe and King Spawn issue 1.

Honestly, Spawn Universe was the only thing I reallllllly enjoyed, for two of its stories. The Jessica story, and the Haunt story. King Spawn was enjoyable, but honestly, that could have just been called Spawn Universe issue 2, the way it was laid out, with the multiple stories in it.

Spawn 320 and 321, especially 321? 321? That was a hot mess.

Mighty Member

Say anyone remembers shadows of spawn manga?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by OceanMachine View Post
    Yeah, this was the vibe for Al all issue. I know Spawn has always been a melodramatic series, but it makes it more difficult to buy the seriousness of what's going on, when Spawn is acting like a petulant toddler. Especially when that's a side of him that only seems to be whipped out whenever some internal conflict needs to be fabricated to ratchet up the stakes. The tension at Spawn HQ for the past few issues has felt pretty contrived.
    Exactly! This felt like the perfect issue to air out what has been going on and figure out a plan forward for Team Spawn as you have Al being aware that Marc worked with Downing to get Overt-Kill/Cy-Gor/Freak/Curse out of the base and into Downing's hands, you have Jessica being the only one interested in finding out who killed Nyx for some odd reason, Jessica has also been investigating some of the blips as Marc finds them out, Redeemer is doing who knows what, Marc having weird dreams about Medieval Spawn's past although this one seems like we'll get some development soon if the ending is anything go by, Al mentioned the island where they fought Omega now in the hands of Jericho/Disruptor had another blip of interest plus you had Plague Spawn there, and you have Marc/Jessica almost having a vote of no confidence with Al which I don't blame them. Instead, we get a nothing issue and not much of anything of interest as a hook going forward as "the shadow players" is the vaguest term possible for no-name bad guys.

Mighty Member

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/todd...d-in-december/

So the cover of The Scorched#1 is finally revealed coming on december.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/todd...d-in-december/

So the cover of The Scorched#1 is finally revealed coming on december.
    Cool look!

Fantastic Member

So Sean Lewis is doing King Spawn and Scorched while Todd's got the mainline Spawn book and Gunslinger Spawn. Pretty interesting though I wish Ales Kot stuck around with Gunslinger and not just the backups for the first issue as he can be an interesting and different voice. Also, I hope Todd makes statues of some of Bjorn's covers because Bjorn's process seems perfect to do that.

Mighty Member

King spawn 2 is out Kincaid makes his move and al meets up with terry discussing about cyan

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    King Spawn 1 sold over a half a million orders. I'm sure it's going to do fine. I think a lot of people are really excited about Spawn and all its comics right now

Spectacular Member

The man is a shrewd businessman. He knows the popularity is on a high for Spawn again so he is cashing in on it.

Todd runs his mouth a lot and definitely has a lot of creativity and ideas but I only think a small percentage, if any, will see the light of day.

In other news, I read King Spawn issue 2 and I’ve got mixed feelings about it. It was good to see a character back again and it looks like this comic is going to be more horror focused and less superhero-y like the man book. An issue I have is the visual depiction of Al. He now has a full head of hair and a beard and, unless I’ve missed something, is a different look to the way he is depicted in the main book. If this is to be set in the same timeframe then some consistency and continuity between the books should be happening. I thought this was the same “universe”?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    The man is a shrewd businessman. He knows the popularity is on a high for Spawn again so he is cashing in on it.

Todd runs his mouth a lot and definitely has a lot of creativity and ideas but I only think a small percentage, if any, will see the light of day.

In other news, I read King Spawn issue 2 and I’ve got mixed feelings about it. It was good to see a character back again and it looks like this comic is going to be more horror focused and less superhero-y like the man book. An issue I have is the visual depiction of Al. He now has a full head of hair and a beard and, unless I’ve missed something, is a different look to the way he is depicted in the main book. If this is to be set in the same timeframe then some consistency and continuity between the books should be happening. I thought this was the same “universe”?
    It is he had this beard since the previous issues and seperate from the main series .

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Just finished the Morrison run (16-18), and gotta say it’s my least favorite from the guest writers so far.

Don’t really know why Wynn was chosen to become the Anti-Spawn/Redeemer. Just didn’t make any sense.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 09-25-2021 at 01:35 AM.