Page 50 of 126 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast

Thread: Spawn

Quote Originally Posted by Mix_Masta_Micah View Post
    Are you guys co-plotting?
    We are. Though it's more me than Todd starting with 263. Still--he approves it all--it all goes through Todd and he does heavy rewrites.

As long as Larsen is involved I am happy. Spawn hasn't been this great in years and I know it's bc of him!

This series is so damn good!

Ya know. 263 was pretty damn good. I really enjoyed it. I think I'm excited about the new direction. I could even hear Keith David's voice in my head as I read Simmons' dialogue... It felt like spawn again. Of course I hope to see Sam and Twitch again in he near future. Hey Erik Larsen, if you're reading this please bring back Sam and Twitch! I miss those guys. I'll always have sore spot about the Armagedon storyline being ignored because I thought it was brilliant but I can get past that if the book stays fresh and exciting like this.

Very interesting issue. Is there an official title for this new beginning/arc?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by spaghettidracula View Post
    Ya know. 263 was pretty damn good. I really enjoyed it. I think I'm excited about the new direction. I could even hear Keith David's voice in my head as I read Simmons' dialogue... It felt like spawn again. Of course I hope to see Sam and Twitch again in he near future. Hey Erik Larsen, if you're reading this please bring back Sam and Twitch! I miss those guys. I'll always have sore spot about the Armagedon storyline being ignored because I thought it was brilliant but I can get past that if the book stays fresh and exciting like this.
    I feel the same way. Perhaps when they start collecting those issues in trade eventually, Todd will rename the entities that were originally suppose to be God and Satan in those issues. There is tons of Christian, Jewish and Islamic mythology revolving around Angels and Demons ripe for the picking that could easily be woven into the Spawn mythos that is simply wasted.

A lot of the Armageddon arch can be rewritten in trade format, the same way Tony Twist was given a new name in the B/W trade because of that lawsuit. Make that version of God into one of the Arch-Angels, and that Verison of Satan could have been one of the fallen like Mammon, such as Apollon. It's done, already in print, may have well use it.

Love this whole new run so far!!! I love the fact that Al is trying to be more heroic!

How far are the Spawn Origins TPBs at now? I figure the Hardcovers are cancelled so I might as well continue from where the last Hardcover ended (issue #112) and just stick with TPB

Vol 20 was the last one, ending at #122. Almost 2 years ago.

Christ.

Well, at least they are doing TPBs again (starting with Resurrection). Satan Saga War is out next month.

Amazing Member

Another GREAT issue.
    If i can offer one little criticism, it's the dialogue, its kind of clunky and runs on a bit, like it explains the story or situation too much, and that cover dialogue bugs me a bit too.

BUT I absolutely love where the story is going.

I am happy to see that even though its Erik on Savage Dragon and Spawn, there tone is different enough to make them two different comics.

Maybe we can get another Spawn and Savage Dragon crossover!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HAVOK78 View Post
    If i can offer one little criticism, it's the dialogue, its kind of clunky and runs on a bit, like it explains the story or situation too much, and that cover dialogue bugs me a bit too.
    I share the same criticism with the series. In this issue alone, Simmons reiterated his determination to be a better hero/honor Wanda's wish like half a dozen times. How many times does he need to reaffirm this before he actually acts upon it? This repetition of the same beat keeps the story from progressing in a compelling fashion. I'm giving until the Ant guest appearance(s) for the title to turn around or I'll be dropping the book for the second time since "Spawn: Resurrection." Which is a shame because I've been such a proponent of the McFarlane/Larsen pairing.

Pretty sure thats Todds rescripting creeping in. Aimless repetition is kinda his thing.

"You dont understand. This time IM IN CONTROL!"
    "Im through playing their game. Now I HAVE THE POWER!"
    "Its time they learned IM IN CHARGE NOW!"

etc etc...

Amazing Member

That's the sense I got too. Even still the plot didn't move forward and doesn't move forward much per issue. Again, quite possibly due to Todd. Which is why I dropped the title around #255 last time.