Page 1 of 124 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Spawn

Fantastic Member

Default Spawn

So lets see where we left off. We are on the road to issue 250 which is currently planned to be a triple-sized issue. Issue 243 is set to come out next week and a preview has been posted on Todd's Facebook page.

Issue 243 Preview

Sara is in great danger after mysteriously disappearing, and Jim frantically searches for the person responsible. Not knowing where to point the finger and with time running out, Jim seeks out the one individual who may have answers... but it may be too late.
    On issue 243, Todd is currently holding a contest on his Facebook page where you can get your hands on a signed 243 from Todd (only 5 available) and get it before anyone else. Simply like the page with issue 243 on it and they'll draw at random in 48 or so hours to see who gets them.

On issue 250, Todd says he'll be making a few big announcements regarding it within the next month or so.

When is the next issue out?

Whatever... Just bring back Al Simmons. Donald Sterling illustrates that America is still a deeply racist country, addressing this fact was a huge part of Spawn's allure for me. Omitting this theme has essentially neutered the comic.

Spawn hasnt really delt with race issues for years anyway. Even back when Al was the lead. There was a bit with the Tale of Three Brothers arc but thats pretty much it. He should be brought back if it serves the story. Not just cos some love the status quo.

You take me too literally, sir. Al gives the character an edge. Race doesn't ever have to be addressed directly and yet it is. Jim Downing is an insipid, anodyne iteration of what was once an iconic character.

oh boy.....

I remember an interview with Todd McFarlane back when Al Simmons was revealed as the Omega Spawn in Image United. He said he was initially reluctant to let Kirkman use him that way, because he didn't want it ruin his "future plans" for Simmons. Which sounds to me like it means he's going to return at some point. Obviously, exactly when his unknown. But since Todd has always talked about how he already knows the overall story of the Spawn saga (if not necessarily the minute details), I think it's safe to say that Al will return somewhere down the road.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Hes pretty much confirmed it in the letters pages.

Still waiting for his return

If it's not by issue 250 then you know it will be issue #300. That's almost a given.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Knight View Post
    If it's not by issue 250 then you know it will be issue #300. That's almost a given.
    What do you think will become of Jim?

I thought Jim could have been the reincarnation of Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Knight View Post
    I thought Jim could have been the reincarnation of Jesus.
    very interesting

Only time will tell.

i need Al to come back until then i wont be reading spawn because hes way more interesting than jim