Page 39 of 126 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast

Thread: Spawn

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Knight View Post
    I forgot to mention, was I the only one who saw The Clown in #253? I wouldn't mind getting a PROPER battle between him and Spawn finally.
    NOPE! I got hyped by that cameo.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Ive been having time issues with getting to my comics But I read Spawn #252 and really Sometimes you read a comic and it doesn't feel right. Like a Shoe brand that I've always worn and its beaten up so I buy a different pair, and event though its the same brand of Black and Red Reeboks I've always liked, somethings different.

No one complained when the Spider-Man Series brought back Gwen Stacy , So what is the big deal with Wanda being back just like that. Most comics that overcooked their ideas tend to make it hard for new people to jump right on deck with the new direction. So I don't have a problem with the new look or the new direction. Because To quote Johnny Cochran " If it Doesn't fit you must acquit". The current Spawn arc fits just fine. It has all the key fantasy and horror elements I want from the comic and all the dark fine details that other comics shade away. Demons talking about raping Wanda's Soul, that was DARK!

After Free comic book day , I experimented with New comics on New Runs ,Issue number ones , but something didn't mesh with me. It felt like I was overreaching for something that was already good enough and it was already on my pull list, called Spawn. Because I'll be honest I was never the most loyal fan to any given comic, but I was always checking up on Spawn, From the Launch Title, to Movie rehype, to the Change up from HellSpawn. And I'm back again and this arc fits fine to me. It feels like home not homework

Didn't the new issue drop last wed?

Fantastic Member

Didn't the new issue drop last wed?
    Nope. Got pushed to this coming week.

With that said, the September solicits came out with details on 257 are out.

Spawn’s enemies think they have the upper hand, but what they don’t know is that they are playing right into his hands.
    Kinda wish the covers would be more inventive. The solicits beyond 254 have also been really boring and hope the issues themselves will be more interesting.

Are the issues getting pushed every month now? I go to IMage's site to find out the release date and I think the last 6 months+ have been incorrect release dates.

That 257 Cover freaking rules.

Are the issues getting pushed every month now? I go to IMage's site to find out the release date and I think the last 6 months+ have been incorrect release dates.
    The only release dates you can count on to be accurate on the Image site are the current week's and maybe the next week's. They are pretty bad about keeping it updated (though they don't have much control over the creator's schedules so it has to be hard for them to be fair).
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Anyone else read 253?

Pulp Purveyor & Noir Nut FiveGhosts's Avatar

If you keep tabs on each issue's page on PreviewsWorld.com, the date will be updated as Diamond receives news of delays, so that date will pretty much always be correct. Click on Image on the left, then scroll down and click on a month's solicits and then click the link for the Spawn issue.

#253 was legit the best issue the last few years imo. I loved everything about it and it's the issue that's got me now on board completely with the new team. Loved this issue big time.

Spectacular Member

Agreed. This issue actually felt like a Spawn issue (though I'm still a lil peeved that lil stuff is ignored. Such as Al having TWO brothers, but this issue only acknowledging one). Every step forward is two back it seems. But hey, I'll take it.

I'm really liking Spawn's new design as well, love the teeth. This issue really did it for me.

Spectacular Member

These teeth are growing on me. Wasn't a big fan of the teeth on the suit post-Armgeddon arch, but it suits this design.

253 was ok, not bad not good, just readable. I can't recall the last time Al was such an ass, I think we might have set a new bar for his douchery level. Not sure that's what the character needed as he is already not a very likeble character ever since that punch that ended Wanda's pregnancy. But seriously wtf was that cover art all about, nothing to do whatsoever with anything.

^ I stopped counting how many times covers have nothing to do with what actually happens in the issue.