Page 85 of 126 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1877

Thread: Spawn

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post

The New Wave are an old Eclipse comics team, Tachyon is a blue alien member. New Wave crossed paths with the Heap a few times in the 80's, Todd is supposed to own these characters alongside the Heap.
    https://www.comics.org/issue/217279/
    Maybe when alien spawn is introduced.

Mighty Member

314 was the first new issue I've read in about 5 years, it was pretty good. I probably should have read the issues beforehand to get what was going on, but I wasn't really that lost.
    It feels weird to read a Spawn comic that doesn't have a lot of Alleys or shadows and instead be fairly bright, almost reminds me of summer.

Anyway, I'm just here for the mindless action now

My theory since Image united never finished and Omega spawn is showing up now. I'm assuming OS conquered his universe and the heroes within, and has now set his sites on Spawn primes universe.

Mighty Member

My theory since Image united never finished and Omega spawn is showing up now. I'm assuming OS conquered his universe and the heroes within, and has now set his sites on Spawn primes universe.
    This is omega the conquer an older Hellspawn with clones

https://www.gamesradar.com/todd-mcfa...ngoing-titles/
    For those wanting a shared superhero universe Todd has just answered. So which of these titles are you excited for?

Astonishing Member

https://www.gamesradar.com/todd-mcfa...ngoing-titles/
    For those wanting a shared superhero universe Todd has just answered. So which of these titles are you excited for?
    Gunslinger #1.

The rest sound okay, but I am not sure if multiple books are needed. Still, this isn't the first time he has tried to expand the franchise. Two bits stick out for me -

1. Donny Cates is involved. Plus Capullo is back.

2. Creators are encouraged to bring new ideas to the table - characters, powers, places anything that expands upon the mythos. If these ideas catch on, they'll receive proper credits and royalties (I'll believe this when I see it. We saw what happened last time creators brought ideas to the table).

Mighty Member

I'll pick up anything by Donny Cates. Whatever he does, I'll be picking up (which is funny as I consider his Venom to be a spiritual successor to Spawn).
    I hope Greg is either on the main spawn or with Donny.
    Honestly, seeing him back in this universe again makes me want to pick up any book with his name.
    Regardless, I don't see any of the comics lasting that long. Maybe 25 issues at most.

I'll pick up Gunslinger, and The Scorched(as I like a good team book).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Gunslinger #1.

The rest sound okay, but I am not sure if multiple books are needed. Still, this isn't the first time he has tried to expand the franchise. Two bits stick out for me -

1. Donny Cates is involved. Plus Capullo is back.

2. Creators are encouraged to bring new ideas to the table - characters, powers, places anything that expands upon the mythos. If these ideas catch on, they'll receive proper credits and royalties (I'll believe this when I see it. We saw what happened last time creators brought ideas to the table).
    Agreed especially with your second point given Todd's history. It's been something said time and time again and doesn't amount to much. Cates is a must-read for me as is Ales Kot as I think that can be super interesting. Sean Gordon Murphy is also a buy from me as is Capullo of course and glad Jason Shawn Alexander is coming back to the property.

I appreciate Todd's enthusiasm and trying to have his Spawn-verse break out into other mediums, but this has been a want of his for the franchise for so long and hasn't amounted to anything that all of it is an "I'll believe it when I see it." I do think it is a mistake to have 3 new monthly series on top of the regular monthly series and believe having a seasonal or mini-series approach at first, to test the waters and consumer interest, might be best and lead to tighter stories and if sales are good then develop it further as a bunch of comics have done it that way.

Gunslinger is the most interesting and a team book could be fine, but I feel like a lot of work needs to happen to give these series some teeth that the main series has to do to set them up which I guess we will see as the rest of the year pans out.

Astonishing Member

i ve been meaning to start reading Spawn again. From the start. So, can you recommend a good colored collected edition? I own the Cerebus/Spawn book, so it doesn't have to be in it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    i ve been meaning to start reading Spawn again. From the start. So, can you recommend a good colored collected edition? I own the Cerebus/Spawn book, so it doesn't have to be in it.
    At this point, your best bet is to either go digital, or collect the origins set. However, they stop after a while and there's about 150 issues that aren't collected anywhere, meaning you go either digital or you track down the missing issues, which can be hard to find and expensive.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    At this point, your best bet is to either go digital, or collect the origins set. However, they stop after a while and there's about 150 issues that aren't collected anywhere, meaning you go either digital or you track down the missing issues, which can be hard to find and expensive.
    You mean between 150 and 300 or so, there is no collection? No trades?

Thats mean.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    You mean between 150 and 300 or so, there is no collection? No trades?

Thats mean.
    I think it's around #130 it stops getting collected, and then you have a few collected editions after that collecting some stuff that happens to Al and some stuff leading up to 300.
    But most of the stuff between 120-300 has not been touched.

However, I think with the rising success it's had, Image could really do with collecting the rest of them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I think it's around #130 it stops getting collected, and then you have a few collected editions after that collecting some stuff that happens to Al and some stuff leading up to 300.
    But most of the stuff between 120-300 has not been touched.

However, I think with the rising success it's had, Image could really do with collecting the rest of them.
    Until I get to the last collection it takes some time. Maybe Image is faster than me? The alternative is always digital...