Page 83 of 124 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1857

Thread: Spawn

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Like spawn struggle with himself about his new life as a Hellspawn and wanting to atone for his sins like after saving some humans he decides to rebel against hell and is now being hunted by both heaven and hell as well as spawn fighting other humans,cyborgs,assassins,deities,and other monsters that threaten the world.
    He has some allies like Sam and twitch who also got their own series, Cyan the daughter of Spawn’s widow Wanda and his best friend terry who grew up becoming misery,and has allied with other hellspawns too recently. His rogues include the demon clown violator,his former master maleboglia,His former boss japan Wynn,the curse,a pedo killer named billy Kincaid,overtkill,and more.
    Excellent summation, Toxin45. But don't forget...

Enemy-turned-Ally: Angela

Ally-turned-Enemy: Chapel

And of course, never forget...

Cogliostro

Last edited by K7P5V; 10-29-2020 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Mighty Member

like some people on reddit said that todd forgots things in spawn.

I'm kind of thinking of dropping Spawn now, it just seems plodding and sort of aimless at this point, the past few issues have had moments that stand out but the plot seems to be kind of incoherent? And Todd seems to just be throwing in stuff on a whim, I just wish there was an actual narrative direction that was solid at this point...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by maninthemacintosh1606 View Post
    I'm kind of thinking of dropping Spawn now, it just seems plodding and sort of aimless at this point, the past few issues have had moments that stand out but the plot seems to be kind of incoherent? And Todd seems to just be throwing in stuff on a whim, I just wish there was an actual narrative direction that was solid at this point...
    Go ahead if you want I mean Jim downing showed up so we gonna have the chain gang a team up of hellspawns with al

Quote Originally Posted by maninthemacintosh1606 View Post
    That's how Spawn has been since issue 1, though.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

I know, I know, I'm still gonna buy it, who am I kidding. Sometimes ya just gotta vent, yo.

Mighty Member

Decided to finally put Spawn on my pull list (with 314 being my first issue there).
    I'm not expecting anything to beat that late 90's (I think it was issues 78-84 which were just greatness among greatness) but here's to something at least somewhat decent.

It'll also give me a third image to get a month which is always nice

Mighty Member

Fantastic Member

Couple of days ago Jeremy Jahns did a vid on the Spawn Animated series and thought it was pretty good:

I concor with him about continuing to use Keith David as the voice for Spawn and talk to HBO given the series is on HBO Max and see about a revival and a fourth season. Animaniacs is back so why not Spawn? Hopefully Todd has those conversations.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    Couple of days ago Jeremy Jahns did a vid on the Spawn Animated series and thought it was pretty good:

I concor with him about continuing to use Keith David as the voice for Spawn and talk to HBO given the series is on HBO Max and see about a revival and a fourth season. Animaniacs is back so why not Spawn? Hopefully Todd has those conversations.
    I believe there's been talk about a continuation for years. I believe there are plans to make two animated shows.
    But I think even another movie has more of a chance of happening at this point

Incredible Member

I’m pretty sure the animated series has enough remaining legal issues to deal with, especially for rereleases or reairing.

Chapel doesn’t belong to Rob Liefeld anymore. The guy who owns Youngblood now is already causing a ruckus across the internet so Todd probably won’t get involved with him. It was probably different when Rob owned Youngblood, there was probably a “friendly” deal put in place.

Angela belongs to Marvel now. Neil Gaimans original lawsuit covered Angela and any other derivative female Angel. That means Jade as well. I don’t know if Marvel has other Angel’s running around looking like Angela in the Angela Marvel or Thor books, but I doubt Todd will get involved with that headache. After all, he went out his way in issues 298-300 to specifically mention that all the female warrior Angels (aka Angela and such) were slaughtered.

The best thing to do would be animated movies, that loosely touch on the first three seasons and don’t mention those characters at all.

Highly doubt that HBO, would want to deal with Marvel or the new owner of Youngblood for those characters. Would probably be easier to release edited versions again. Like, for years I didn’t even know Chapel was in season 1 of Spawn because I had the edited VHS/DVD of season 1. It could work.
    Last edited by Blanks; 12-10-2020 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    I’m pretty sure the animated series has enough remaining legal issues to deal with, especially for rereleases or reairing.

Chapel doesn’t belong to Rob Liefeld anymore. The guy who owns Youngblood now is already causing a ruckus across the internet so Todd probably won’t get involved with him. It was probably different when Rob owned Youngblood, there was probably a “friendly” deal put in place.

Angela belongs to Marvel now. Neil Gaimans original lawsuit covered Angela and any other derivative female Angel. That means Jade as well. I don’t know if Marvel has other Angel’s running around looking like Angela in the Angela Marvel or Thor books, but I doubt Todd will get involved with that headache. After all, he went out his way in issues 298-300 to specifically mention that all the female warrior Angels (aka Angela and such) were slaughtered.

The best thing to do would be animated movies, that loosely touch on the first three seasons and don’t mention those characters at all.

Highly doubt that HBO, would want to deal with Marvel or the new owner of Youngblood for those characters. Would probably be easier to release edited versions again. Like, for years I didn’t even know Chapel was in season 1 of Spawn because I had the edited VHS/DVD of season 1. It could work.
    HBO Max has the animated Spawn complete with Angela and Chapel. So a continuation is unlikely, but a full reboot is very much possible.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Mighty Member

Omega Spawn is coming back in 313 as a foe for Spawn.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    HBO Max has the animated Spawn complete with Angela and Chapel. So a continuation is unlikely, but a full reboot is very much possible.
    Ah ok. That’s cool to know. I hadn’t gotten on the HBO Max bandwagon (yet), so I wasn’t aware it was on there.

I actually watched the SPawn movie on the Tubi App the other night. Kinda disappointed it was the PG-13 version.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post

even tony twist and mother of existence won't be used anymore due to lawsuits