Page 101 of 126 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1879

Thread: Spawn

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    I personally hope that through the Scorched title, in the future, the unresolved Plot-points from Haunts own series are cleared up. Such as all his co-workers/handlers that just up and disappeared, and that rather underwhelming last story arc from issues 19 till it concluded. Just rather have it resolved. And sone of those characters that were used in Haunt could make interesting allies for Al and Jessica Priest considering they both are former CIA agents too.
    Well not to spoil much from the latest Spawn issue, #327, in the back matter writer Rory McConville does lay out what is to come in the main book in the next few months and Haunt is a part of that ride so hopefully, some of his past is cleared up for those that read his series.

Mighty Member

Does anyone know that Todd directed the hbo spawn show?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Does anyone know that Todd directed the hbo spawn show?
    He served as Executive Producer for the show and it was directed by Eric Radomski for seasons 1-2 and Frank Paur in season 3.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    He served as Executive Producer for the show and it was directed by Eric Radomski for seasons 1-2 and Frank Paur in season 3.
    Ah I see did you read the latest king spawn and scorched issue

Fantastic Member

Ah I see did you read the latest king spawn and scorched issue
    Not yet, but soon I'll be catching up along with the latest issue of Monstress that I also read.

I did check out Ant #3 just out of curiosity as it tells Ant's side of the story from when she met up with Spawn in issue 265 just to see if it was worth a look and its okay. Not really missing out on much as its Ant before she meets up with Spawn and then in the second half its the same panels as those same pages in issue 265 just with Ant's thought bubbles. Not really anything to head out and get, but if your curious its an okay read.
    Last edited by HellsRider; 03-19-2022 at 01:50 PM.

Mighty Member

https://www.reddit.com/r/Spawn/comme...tion_editions/

New spawn collections are coming and also compediums volume 3 and 4 are coming.

Fantastic Member

Well lets get to the latest round up of Spawn Universe books.

King Spawn #7 - the 11th-hour arc begins. After Spawn and Terry quickly dispatch some Psalms 137 fools, they ponder what Disruptor told them in the previous issue about Wanda possibly returning and why Psalms has changed their number to 11. We then get more of an introduction to the Court of Priests headed by one winged angel Black Azreal as he overpowers a previous Spawn foe to get him and the others in line. The issue's biggest revelation is that what we were told in Spawn Ressurection #1 about how Wanda's death happened, as told by God to Al, was a lie and in fact the Court of Priests was responsible as they reenact the same scene for Spawn & Terry just as they are about to throw down soon after. We end the issue in the Greenworld where something isn't right with Oracle as she threatens Simon until Gaia steps in telling Oracle to protect the kid and train him for what is to come leading to a final page with a familiar entity for long time Spawn fans making his return. Very interesting issue. Once again the art continues to be top-notch and I had a laugh when Black Azreal was overpowering one of Spawn's previous villains given how much of a pain in the ass this villain was post issue 100 however I do find Black Azreal interesting and hope we find out more about the other members and why they joined. The issue's big revelation, though, does give me pause. I get trying to reveal that what was once truth now is a lie, but for 4 years (the time between Resurrection and issue 300) Todd was dangling the who killed Wanda angle to us readers even though we know it was Clown when we saw him on panel and he and the Hell forces were provoking Al and reconfirmed in issue 300 when Clown told Al he was responsible only for almost 3 years later to say no it wasn't it was the Court of Priests and somehow Al thought it wasn't a planned attack? Clown messes with Al a lot, but unless Clown is connected to these guys I just don't get the point of the change up. For sure it adds a personal point now for Al & Terry to face the Court as now the moment of Wanda's death is transferred to them and seems more will come of it if issue #8 is anything to go by and I'm willing to see where it goes, but the twist left me cold. Other than that I enjoyed the final page and curious to see where Simon's journey goes.

Gunslinger Spawn #5 - Gunslinger and Clown continue to throwdown. That is basically what happened here as we find out more about what happened to Clown after the symbiote bomb, where his new found minions came from, and we come to Gunslinger's answer to Clown's offer. I feel like issues #4 & #5 could have been one issue, but we know Clown loves the theatrics and he is more so now than ever before. Curious what the wolves mean, but I liked the link between Clown and the future he went to - touching on the dark future shown in issues 306 - 307 of the main book - and we'll see where the partnership goes. Art feels like it got a lot better imo which probably has to do with the change in Inkers and Colorer compared to the folks the series used originally. This is easily the most straightforward of the 4 books and we'll see where this new formed duo go next.

Spawn #327 - Spawn's public image is about to take a nose dive and Spawn/Haunt battle some angels. The Hell faction keeping several new Spawns has selected Detective Spawn for the mission they want to do and use a Martian (?) to ensure he complies for what they have in mind. Meanwhile the crux of the issue is Spawn's/Haunt's battle with the angels from last issue where the angel formerly known as Lydia reveals to Haunt that the cure for the poison is in Heaven and to get there the Dead Zones must be opened. After the battle, which also sees Iris - Cog's partner tell Al that Cog and Al will meet in a week - Spawn and Haunt get into an argument as Al really doesn't want to help out Haunt too much and Haunt calls Al out on honestly his stupidity in Al pushing away those that want to fight his battle ending in a great big question mark as to what Haunt does next. The issue ends with a political rally where Detective Spawn and mercs with the Hell forces massacre the people there and after the money shot is said, Detective Spawn is taken out. Curious where the public image angle is going especially given previous attempts at it were not that great, but man did I find this issue infuriating with Al not really doing much to keep those that are in fact willing to join his fight on his side and being a jerk about everything and its not just seen in the main book but also Scorched and King Spawn that Al is purposefully written this way and as a result make it makes it hard to root for him when everyone else is willing to band together. Its a forced drama point that brings things down but at least seems to be happening in the main book for the express purpose of Downing posing an alternative in the fight that will likely be focused more on soon, but other than that I enjoyed the fighting but wish they showed off a bit more of Haunt's abilities.

The Scorched #3 - okay I really felt like I missed something here and had to re-read the previous two issues because we are now en route with the team to save Reaper, which we touch on what has happened to him since he MIA'ed in issue 309 while at the same time providing more backstory on Soul Crusher (I knew something was up given his last appearance in the main book) and the person now donning the suit along with Natasha, the surviving girl from the previous issue, that leads to a battle between the Scorched and Heaven forces to save Reaper ending in an offer the new Soul Crusher proposes to the team that can change everything. Just feels weird given how last issue ended and we just wrapped that up and away we go to save Reaper now. Curious how the team takes in the offer and what he meant about Plague, but yeah 3 issues in and I'm still not feeling this book. It doesn't feel like a team book, which I know is the point when you have butting heads although the only ones that are are Gunslinger and whenever Al shows up, we don't get much uniqueness from the fights beyond the cool teaming in the first issue to take down the combined locust monster so each team member's abilities are more fleshed out and if this is supposed to be She-Spawn's book lets get in her in mind as she is directing the team going from situation to situation. You also have unnecessary narration panels here and there, but that is pretty much all the Spawn books, like "He removes his mask" even though the art clearly shows that. Definitely the weakest book right now of the 4 imo with art that is fine but is the weakest of the 4 books which is weird for me as I normally don't like Booth's art but the changes in the recent issues of Gunslinger as noted above made me a fan.

I will say, I liked how the books have been bringing back the letter pages (Scorched #3) and/or provide a direction of what is to come or rationale for the decisions they made in the issue (the other 3 books) and hope that continues.
    Last edited by HellsRider; 03-20-2022 at 03:06 PM.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Spawn/comme...tion_editions/

New spawn collections are coming and also compediums volume 3 and 4 are coming.
    Really interesting they are bringing back the Spawn HCs after the last one came out years and years ago. I have all the HCs released and I can see myself collecting at least till the end of Hine's run.

As for current Spawn comics - good god are they bad. Ive chimed into this thread from time to time over the years. Current Spawn is probably the worst comics ive read in my 30+ years of collecting. Laughable nonsensical junk. I cant even finish an issue anymore.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    Really interesting they are bringing back the Spawn HCs after the last one came out years and years ago. I have all the HCs released and I can see myself collecting at least till the end of Hine's run.

As for current Spawn comics - good god are they bad. Ive chimed into this thread from time to time over the years. Current Spawn is probably the worst comics ive read in my 30+ years of collecting. Laughable nonsensical junk. I cant even finish an issue anymore.
    What about the king spawn series,Gunsligner spawn,and the scorched well from the sales it seems they are doing good so it seems it is just you. Like have never seen other comics? Like there are worse comics and manga like ingoshima and dead tube if you want to see something worse
    Last edited by Toxin45; 03-20-2022 at 05:58 PM.

Mighty Member

January comic sales 2022.jpg

Here it is from January 2022 comic book sales four of spawn titles on the comic cart showed it soled well.

Incredible Member

What about the king spawn series,Gunsligner spawn,and the scorched well from the sales it seems they are doing good so it seems it is just you. Like have never seen other comics? Like there are worse comics and manga like ingoshima and dead tube if you want to see something worse
    Sales doesn’t ever translate into “good”. People are so desperate for anything Spawn related, and then there are hardcore Spawn fanactics/collectors like me that just have to have every alternate cover that is released… that helps sales too. Good sales doesn’t represent Shitty stories unfortunately, and Gunslinger, and Scorched are the two weakest books in my opinion. King Spawn is the better of the four.

In all honestly, if the effort that was placed in having 4 titles was placed just into the main Spawn title, Spawn could be shipped bi-monthly and we would be close to issue 400 by now.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    Sales doesn’t ever translate into “good”. People are so desperate for anything Spawn related, and then there are hardcore Spawn fanactics/collectors like me that just have to have every alternate cover that is released… that helps sales too. Good sales doesn’t represent Shitty stories unfortunately, and Gunslinger, and Scorched are the two weakest books in my opinion. King Spawn is the better of the four.

In all honestly, if the effort that was placed in having 4 titles was placed just into the main Spawn title, Spawn could be shipped bi-monthly and we would be close to issue 400 by now.
    Sure mr jaded guy like this was from two months ago like people on tumblr and Twitter actually reading on spawn alongside Reddit so yeah your kinda wrong on that just be glad all four spawn titles are on there. Plus spawn 325,king spawn 6,and gunslinger spawn 5 is on there so yeah

Mighty Member

Oh by the way spawn changed writers a while a go now on spawn 327 onwards along with gunslinger spawn and scorched yet you still complain about that btw I also saw some reviews on spawn issues on YouTube as well
    Last edited by Toxin45; 03-22-2022 at 05:18 AM.

Mighty Member

I like the Spawn team up in Scorched.

Mighty Member

Gunslinger spawn issue 6 is out now