Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16566263646566

Thread: Spawn

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Spawn Ressurection one shot was a soft-retcon of sorts ,shows why Al came back and God is now more good with him having an unborn son rather than daughter along with him abusing wanda which is really a fake memory by the demons to get him into suicide. Al being abusive to wanda was retcon thanks to Spawn ressurection.Wanda was killed off in the Spawn Resssurection one shot by Violator.

Start with reading Spawn Resurrection and then Spawn 251 to know what happens next. The Symbiote's origins were change as it was made from Al's victims during his time as a CIA agent by both Violator and Malebolgia.

The Origins of the Hellspawn were also changed in 291 Where during the first armageddon Heaven and Hell had a white demon and a black angel fuse together to become the first Hellspawn. After the First HellSpawn's death Malebolgia decide to mass produce the Hellspawns by having Violator assit him in that goal. Mammon was defeated by Nyx and sealed away in 184 and The Redeemer is still Eddie Frank btw.
    Already did read Resurrection, now I'm at #252, trying to keep open mind for this story.

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    Not really to be honest. The move to introduce Jim was entirely marketing based to have a new guy take over which I think was done to have both Hine gone from the book and I think interest in the book after Armageddon, but before Jim was introduced, was decreasing. Makes sense since the ending of the Armageddon arc was basically the perfect end for the series and as Jim's run went on I also noticed how that period was entirely forgotten which I think Todd didn't really like what Hine did. We've had some discussions here about Jim's time and the erasing of Hine's run.
    Whats really funny, and kind of sad, is that Hine's run is probably the best part of the entire 300 issue Spawn series. Funny how Todd had nothing to do with it.

Mcfarland's writing on these recent issues has been really really bad. I like the characters and the world - but something needs to be done about the atrocious dialogue and unsatisfying story arcs.
    Currently Reading:
    Hickman's X-Men, Marvel Epic Collections, Vertigo Hellblazer trades
    Current issues of Savage Dragon and Spawn.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    Whats really funny, and kind of sad, is that Hine's run is probably the best part of the entire 300 issue Spawn series. Funny how Todd had nothing to do with it.

Mcfarland's writing on these recent issues has been really really bad. I like the characters and the world - but something needs to be done about the atrocious dialogue and unsatisfying story arcs.
    Yeah Todd could really needs to work on his dialogues and story arc structures. But I just want to say that Spawn and Savage Dragon had a lot of Spin-off titles compared to other image comics works.

Fantastic Member

Issue 170 - A Tale of Three Brothers Part One: Hellhouse - The issue opens with Ab and Zab at a hotel in Illinois messing with people when Ab finds an advertisement for Hellhouse which promises "realistic enactments of the evil perversions of a morally bankrupt society." We cut to Nyx waking up and she and Spawn reconnect. Elsewhere, Ab and Zab arrive at the Hellhouse and find a reverend there. Ab and Zab suggest they can help him make the place more effective and paint all over the place. The reverend's assistant then goes to test out a door when she is confronted with someone from her past who really turns out to be a demon. Spawn appears and before he can do anything to Ab and Zab, a door suddenly opens and a pregnant Wanda is there telling him not to hit her again.

An okay issue if certain things could have been shortened like Nyx and Spawn reconnecting in favor of advancing the story more. This arc and the majority of the time between post-Armageddon and before the introduction of Jim Downing is used to dive into Al's family history, an area that the series hadn't covered up to this point. We find out he had 2 brothers, but the grander purpose of revealing more of Al's family history is to show that Mammon had been manipulating not only Al's family, but also Wanda's family for a long time to get to the point that they would conceive a child together. Remember when Al was the reason he and Wanda couldn't have a child together? Turns out they in fact did have one and Mammon stole the child, Morana being the name, for his grand scheme. In retrospect, I found it disappointing that we finally dive into Al's family history and its just another Mammon manipulation thread so the writing felt like before Hine came on board when it could have been used to establish Al's brothers for more stories down the line though we know what would come next. A missed opportunity imo.