Page 76 of 124 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1857

Thread: Spawn

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Yeah I got it from the info.
    I read some of the future solicits as well. Usually I don't take much stock in them because things change, but it sounds like you are pretty on the nose about Cogliostro recruiting Spawns and kind of setting himself up as an opposing force to Al along with Heaven and Hell.

I'm also excited about news of the Spawn 1995 toy line being redone. I still have the original Spawn, Medieval Spawn, Violator, and Clown from that line (albeit missing many pieces haha). I display all my McFarlane toys on a shelf below my NECA stuff, glad to see it picking up again with Spawn-centric characters. I picked up Hell-bat and The Batman Who Laughs from the DC line as well, and they are very well done. Can't wait to add some MK11 figures.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KROENEN View Post
    I read some of the future solicits as well. Usually I don't take much stock in them because things change, but it sounds like you are pretty on the nose about Cogliostro recruiting Spawns and kind of setting himself up as an opposing force to Al along with Heaven and Hell.

I'm also excited about news of the Spawn 1995 toy line being redone. I still have the original Spawn, Medieval Spawn, Violator, and Clown from that line (albeit missing many pieces haha). I display all my McFarlane toys on a shelf below my NECA stuff, glad to see it picking up again with Spawn-centric characters. I picked up Hell-bat and The Batman Who Laughs from the DC line as well, and they are very well done. Can't wait to add some MK11 figures.
    Plus I got mortal kombat 11 a year a ago and i am already waiting for spawn to come out next month. Also hopefully we get news on the spawn spin offs misery and Sam and twitch:true decetives. Hopefully if we’re lucky we might get an update on the movie and future tv adaptions. Maybe even more video game appearances.

Yeah I've been playing MK11 since it came out, can't say I am any good though. My favorite fighters are Kabal and Baraka.

I am thinking about grabbing a few Spawn collections. I would like to go back through about 50 issues to see if the story flows a bit better than reading it month to month. I feel like I forget a lot of small details.

Mighty Member

Also spawn was in soul caliber ii where met the cast plus heihachi and link

Spectacular Member

Is there a reason as to why the original Violator mini series hasn’t been released as a trade?

In other news, I’m a bit excited to see McFarlane revisit the original toy line. I have a hidden hope that the Clown is released with a decapitated head on his arm just like the mini series.

That would be pretty dope. Not sure why the Violator mini-series hasn't been collected unless there is some rights issue; I rather enjoyed it when it came out and love the covers.

I re-read quite a few Spawn comics over the weekend; I think issues 196 and 197 are pretty essential to anybody trying to get back up to speed and Cogliostro gives us a possible glimpse of the future conflict. Basically Al can reach back with his symbiote and communicate with other Spawns through time, a power left untapped by other Hell Spawn. The forces of Heaven and Hell stranded on Earth are desperate to get their hands on the costume because it can essentially be used as a supernatural nuclear weapon. Al is fine with these forces chasing him around because he wants to take the fight to them, essentially acting as a savior to a humanity stuck in the eternal conflict between Heaven and Hell. When Al committed "suicide" it was just a ruse to keep supernatural forces in chaos while Al formulated his plan in peace in purgatory, and it showed him that he can share his power with others if he is ever permanently wiped off the board.

From what I can tell Burke and Twitch are still chasing after Soul Crusher.

I'm still trying to figure out how Mammon plays into this. Seems he was giving Al some advice in issue #301 that will come to pass later, hinting that Al needs to wrap up his conflict with the forces stranded on Earth before a more powerful force comes along to send everything back into chaos. And have we seen Mother Mercy yet?

Mighty Member

That would be pretty dope. Not sure why the Violator mini-series hasn't been collected unless there is some rights issue; I rather enjoyed it when it came out and love the covers.

I re-read quite a few Spawn comics over the weekend; I think issues 196 and 197 are pretty essential to anybody trying to get back up to speed and Cogliostro gives us a possible glimpse of the future conflict. Basically Al can reach back with his symbiote and communicate with other Spawns through time, a power left untapped by other Hell Spawn. The forces of Heaven and Hell stranded on Earth are desperate to get their hands on the costume because it can essentially be used as a supernatural nuclear weapon. Al is fine with these forces chasing him around because he wants to take the fight to them, essentially acting as a savior to a humanity stuck in the eternal conflict between Heaven and Hell. When Al committed "suicide" it was just a ruse to keep supernatural forces in chaos while Al formulated his plan in peace in purgatory, and it showed him that he can share his power with others if he is ever permanently wiped off the board.

From what I can tell Burke and Twitch are still chasing after Soul Crusher.

I'm still trying to figure out how Mammon plays into this. Seems he was giving Al some advice in issue #301 that will come to pass later, hinting that Al needs to wrap up his conflict with the forces stranded on Earth before a more powerful force comes along to send everything back into chaos. And have we seen Mother Mercy yet?
    We’ll probably mother Mary and mammon never appeared in 301 dude. That was a Hellspawn. Mother Mary is probably the anti-god of the spawn universe and evil counterpart to the mother of existence same way like one below all is the evil version of the one above all to marvel and the great evil beast the dark counterpart to the presence from dc

That was just another Hellspawn? Who? He looked just like Mammon to me.

I'm not going to speculate on Mother Mercy yet, we've really only gotten one pic and no information.

Mighty Member

That was just another Hellspawn? Who? He looked just like Mammon to me.

I'm not going to speculate on Mother Mercy yet, we've really only gotten one pic and no information.
    I don't remember Mammon showing up in 301 and re reading 301 there was no mammon in 301 dude I think you mistook him that was not mammon. Mammon is still trapped since 184 and had not been seened since. I don't think it was mammon again what made you think it was mammon?
    Last edited by Toxin45; 03-03-2020 at 12:45 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Is there a reason as to why the original Violator mini series hasn’t been released as a trade?
    I had hoped that with all the trade releases that Todd had done over the years, Todd would have included Violator and Bloodfued in the normal collections because I always thought it was very jarring reading trades where Spawn issue 32 ends, and then we see Twitch in a hospital bed with an editors note to go read Bloodfued. I think the same thing happened with the Violator mini being referenced in Spawn issue 26.

Very story interrupting in the middle of a trade, lol.
    Last edited by Blanks; 03-03-2020 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    I don't remember Mammon showing up in 301 and re reading 301 there was no mammon in 301 dude I think you mistook him that was not mammon. Mammon is still trapped since 184 and had not been seened since. I don't think it was mammon again what made you think it was mammon?
    I think it's the shape of his horns that's throwing me off; but I am also thinking he has something to do with Project Skybound that's yet to be revealed. It was kind of a weird encounter, like Al just tells him to get out of his way so he can grab some more arsenal, but never questions who he is.

Mighty Member

I think it's the shape of his horns that's throwing me off; but I am also thinking he has something to do with Project Skybound that's yet to be revealed. It was kind of a weird encounter, like Al just tells him to get out of his way so he can grab some more arsenal, but never questions who he is.
    Well that could be cog himself in his old Hellspawn form. He was also on one of the variant covers with the other Hellspawn.

That's a good guess. I assumed Cog was more of a Black Knight kinda Spawn, and that his symbiote has long since died, but will see. We will have to wait and see how this Skybound stuff ties into the rest of the series; like the encounter with Freak and his brother. They kind of drop these teasers then move away from them for 6 or 7 issues before they are even mentioned again, so it can be hard to track things from month to month. I really love the cover art for the next issue with the Spawn statue. Very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    Cosplayers in the first one shot, then barely-legal stand ins for the miniseries.
    Were any of them named? Did we get anything cool like Sergeant Statesman or something?

Mighty Member

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...arlanes-spawn/

We have another rumor for spawn reboot for a villain role.

https://comicbook.com/movies/2019/10...ot-new-script/
    Also last year Todd is making changes for the new script.
    Last edited by Toxin45; 03-08-2020 at 10:15 AM.