Page 111 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 1877

Thread: Spawn

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    After re-reading the Batman/Spawn collection today, and looking over the solicits for the crossover in December; I can’t help but wonder, if the Batman/Spawn story is a continuation of the continuity that was in Batman/Spawn: War Devil… or a brand new one-shot ignoring both the original DC and Image Crossovers, ��

If it’s a continuation of just Batman/Spawn, then it would be cool if later on they do a follow up of the Spawn/Batman Frank Millar continuity one-shot.

Honestly, after seeing all those DC variant covers, I want to see a Spawn/Wonder Woman crossover. I get crazy Spaen and Angela vibes from that potential.
    You just reminded me that I have to do my own re-read of the previous Batman Spawn crossovers before the new one comes out. The upcoming new one is its own thing though.

I'd honestly like to see Spawn and Swamp Thing crossover as I'd think they would have a pretty interesting conversation. Heck, sticking Spawn in that environment with the different parliaments would feel like the old days when Al entered the Greenworld as I can see Al fight those freaky-looking creatures the Hunters Three.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    You just reminded me that I have to do my own re-read of the previous Batman Spawn crossovers before the new one comes out. The upcoming new one is its own thing though.

I'd honestly like to see Spawn and Swamp Thing crossover as I'd think they would have a pretty interesting conversation. Heck, sticking Spawn in that environment with the different parliaments would feel like the old days when Al entered the Greenworld as I can see Al fight those freaky-looking creatures the Hunters Three.
    I did not know I wanted a Spawn/SwampYhing cross over until you said that.

It makes so much sense.

Maybe after this crossover, the next scrolls over could be a Spawn/JLA… or something like that.

Mighty Member

I did not know I wanted a Spawn/SwampYhing cross over until you said that.

It makes so much sense.

Maybe after this crossover, the next scrolls over could be a Spawn/JLA… or something like that.
    Todd also wanted a spawn and spectre crossover

Mighty Member

How about the Scorched team becomes Amanda Waller's new Suicide Squad in a "What if" story set in the DC universe.?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    How about the Scorched team becomes Amanda Waller's new Suicide Squad in a "What if" story set in the DC universe.?
    I think that it would work too. At least 50 percent of DC’s properties would mesh well with Spawn interacting with them. Some like Green Lantern, no so much, I don’t think. But. Good enough writer could make it work.

Fantastic Member

Alright catching up a bit more on the universe books with a Year One writeup on The Scorched coming soon. Btw as two other ideas when it comes to DC/Spawn crossovers, I can easily see Jonah Hex/Gunslinger Spawn on an adventure and if Demon Knights are ever brought back do something cool with Medieval Spawn. Thinking a bit further, I can see Haunt in the Wildcat side of things for some reason or Justice League Dark with little back and forth between Deadman and Kurt but maybe its just me. Speaking of Haunt, I wish Todd would re-release the trades/make them more available on Haunt now that he is in the Spawn Universe proper just for folks that want to know more about him though I know the writer and artist switch that the Haunt series had didn't go over well but it'd be nice to have.

Spawn #335 - We pick up where we last left off with the reveal of Downing's partner. She reveals how she died and how Al has lost his way putting everyone in danger. Downing and his partner decide to go into Al's mind to extract information on the whereabouts of the Dead Zone powers. As this is going on, Kurt Kilgore looks on and Marc is trying to call Jessica to get The Scorched to help out Al. Meanwhile, at Omega Island, the fight rages on as Sinn and his forces are overpowering Clown's forces though Clown's minions and Dakota from Gunslinger Spawn (for some reason) are holding a bit of their own. Realizing that the situation is quickly becoming dire, Clown calls Jericho in a hail-mary move to get help. The end of the issue comes as the move pays off and Sinn comes face to face with The Forsaken and his identity is revealed. While disappointing that we didn't dive much deeper into the many questions the reveal at the end of the last issue had, I thought this was a good issue that largely focused on the Omega Island battle. Made sense that Clown would call for a big backup given how things went with Gunslinger and that backup being Forsaken and who he actually is made sense and I liked it. How much of a fight Forsaken can be against Sinn though, given Al beat Forsaken previously by himself, remains to be seen. We are also heading to a collision course with Downing's team versus The Scorched which on the one hand feels odd given that feels like something that should happen in The Scorched book and on the other hand Haunt is a part of both teams just like Marc and yet Marc is giving Haunt the cold shoulder for whatever reason and again not a fan of the Marc side of the story. Should be interesting, though, to see how things progress.

King Spawn #15 & 16 - Issue 15 started with a red flag for me with an overly long speech by Clown that the Spawn series loves to do from time to time and after a rather talky and meh issue 14, the last thing I needed from the start of issue 15 was an opening like this though Clown reveals it was Wanda that sent him which is interesting. We then move to Clown's group fighting the Court of Priests and a bit of Clown and Spawn action until Al realizes that Psalms 137 is causing havoc. Terry and the person he called at the end of the last issue, Redeemer, try to stop it all while Terry tells Redeemer that Al has gone crazy. The issue ends as Spawn and Redeemer stop Psalms' attack, Redeemer warns Al of the future he has seen, and we find out that Spawn needs two more pieces to join his side, and as he leaves Clown believes he has won. Issue 16 sees Al at the Dead Zones taunting those on either side to come to him when we are introduced to two new characters - Brimstone a Hell soldier and The Offering a Heaven soldier the latter of which is hunting Black Azrael still stuck in Heaven and warns Al that they are coming for him too. We then see a few points from The Scorched book - Soul Crusher in Limbo and the Sin Devourers with The Scorched (suggesting the end of The Scorched's Year One is ahead of this book) - when we are moved to the Court with Al as Al has created a small crack in the Dead Zone with the plan being the Court finding Wanda and in exchange they get the throne of Hell. We then cut to Terry who is making a list of people he can trust when Al comes in and tells Terry about a mission they did when Al was alive in the 80s that ultimately is about how Al played both sides to get out alive and says that is what he has been doing as he sent the Court to a suicide mission and had to make Terry believe that Al was going AWOL and while it seems they have reconciled there is still a bit of doubt from Terry. The issue ends as Disruptor finds Brimstone.

We are two issues away from the end of this arc that has been a who has been manipulating who arc which feels like it gained more steam in issue 16 with Al revealing to Terry what he has been really doing. Time will tell, though, how things really will play out, especially with Al needing two more pieces to join his side as I found issue 15 okay and issue 16 a step better and it was nice to have Javi back on art duties who looks to be back for the rest of the arc. A question of how Al is even capable of creating a crack in the Dead Zone as he did despite the fact that he supposedly doesn't have those powers per the main book and is a big part of that book's arc right now and why he didn't have the Court just tell him the crack they came through that Disruptor mentioned at the end of the first arc is beyond me. Hope that is something that is touched on further given what Brimstone said to Disruptor at the end of issue 16 because it creates a massive plothole if it is just left as is from a Universe perspective.
    Last edited by HellsRider; 11-29-2022 at 12:28 PM.

Mighty Member

Alright catching up a bit more on the universe books with a Year One writeup on The Scorched coming soon. Btw as two other ideas when it comes to DC/Spawn crossovers, I can easily see Jonah Hex/Gunslinger Spawn on an adventure and if Demon Knights are ever brought back do something cool with Medieval Spawn. Thinking a bit further, I can see Haunt in the Wildcat side of things for some reason or Justice League Dark with little back and forth between Deadman and Kurt but maybe its just me. Speaking of Haunt, I wish Todd would re-release the trades/make them more available on Haunt now that he is in the Spawn Universe proper just for folks that want to know more about him though I know the writer and artist switch that the Haunt series had didn't go over well but it'd be nice to have.

Spawn #335 - We pick up where we last left off with the reveal of Downing's partner. She reveals how she died and how Al has lost his way putting everyone in danger. Downing and his partner decide to go into Al's mind to extract information on the whereabouts of the Dead Zone powers. As this is going on, Kurt Kilgore looks on and Marc is trying to call Jessica to get The Scorched to help out Al. Meanwhile, at Omega Island, the fight rages on as Sinn and his forces are overpowering Clown's forces though Clown's minions and Dakota from Gunslinger Spawn (for some reason) are holding a bit of their own. Realizing that the situation is quickly becoming dire, Clown calls Jericho in a hail-mary move to get help. The end of the issue comes as the move pays off and Sinn comes face to face with The Forsaken and his identity is revealed. While disappointing that we didn't dive much deeper into the many questions the reveal at the end of the last issue had, I thought this was a good issue that largely focused on the Omega Island battle. Made sense that Clown would call for a big backup given how things went with Gunslinger and that backup being Forsaken and who he actually is made sense and I liked it. How much of a fight Forsaken can be against Sinn though, given Al beat Forsaken previously by himself, remains to be seen. We are also heading to a collision course with Downing's team versus The Scorched which on the one hand feels odd given that feels like something that should happen in The Scorched book and on the other hand Haunt is a part of both teams just like Marc and yet Marc is giving Haunt the cold shoulder for whatever reason and again not a fan of the Marc side of the story. Should be interesting, though, to see how things progress.

King Spawn #15 & 16 - Issue 15 started with a red flag for me with an overly long speech by Clown that the Spawn series loves to do from time to time and after a rather talky and meh issue 14, the last thing I needed from the start of issue 15 was an opening like this though Clown reveals it was Wanda that sent him which is interesting. We then move to Clown's group fighting the Court of Priests and a bit of Clown and Spawn action until Al realizes that Psalms 137 is causing havoc. Terry and the person he called at the end of the last issue, Redeemer, try to stop it all while Terry tells Redeemer that Al has gone crazy. The issue ends as Spawn and Redeemer stop Psalms' attack, Redeemer warns Al of the future he has seen, and we find out that Spawn needs two more pieces to join his side, and as he leaves Clown believes he has won. Issue 16 sees Al at the Dead Zones taunting those on either side to come to him when we are introduced to two new characters - Brimstone a Hell soldier and The Offering a Heaven soldier the latter of which is hunting Black Azrael still stuck in Heaven and warns Al that they are coming for him too. We then see a few points from The Scorched book - Soul Crusher in Limbo and the Sin Devourers with The Scorched (suggesting the end of The Scorched's Year One is ahead of this book) - when we are moved to the Court with Al as Al has created a small crack in the Dead Zone with the plan being the Court finding Wanda and in exchange they get the throne of Hell. We then cut to Terry who is making a list of people he can trust when Al comes in and tells Terry about a mission they did when Al was alive in the 80s that ultimately is about how Al played both sides to get out alive and says that is what he has been doing as he sent the Court to a suicide mission and had to make Terry believe that Al was going AWOL and while it seems they have reconciled there is still a bit of doubt from Terry. The issue ends as Disruptor finds Brimstone.

We are two issues away from the end of this arc that has been a who has been manipulating who arc which feels like it gained more steam in issue 16 with Al revealing to Terry what he has been really doing. Time will tell, though, how things really will play out, especially with Al needing two more pieces to join his side as I found issue 15 okay and issue 16 a step better and it was nice to have Javi back on art duties who looks to be back for the rest of the arc. A question of how Al is even capable of creating a crack in the Dead Zone as he did despite the fact that he supposedly doesn't have those powers per the main book and is a big part of that book's arc right now and why he didn't have the Court just tell him the crack they came through that Disruptor mentioned at the end of the first arc is beyond me. Hope that is something that is touched on further given what Brimstone said to Disruptor at the end of issue 16 because it creates a massive plothole if it is just left as is from a Universe perspective.
    King spawn 17 is out tomorrow so maybe that will answer your questions.spawn 339 has a new contender for the throne of hell and it is not sinn.

Incredible Member

Alright catching up a bit more on the universe books with a Year One writeup on The Scorched coming soon. Btw as two other ideas when it comes to DC/Spawn crossovers, I can easily see Jonah Hex/Gunslinger Spawn on an adventure and if Demon Knights are ever brought back do something cool with Medieval Spawn. Thinking a bit further, I can see Haunt in the Wildcat side of things for some reason or Justice League Dark with little back and forth between Deadman and Kurt but maybe it’s just me. Speaking of Haunt, I wish Todd would re-release the trades/make them more available on Haunt now that he is in the Spawn Universe proper just for folks that want to know more about him though I know the writer and artist switch that the Haunt series had didn't go over well but it'd be nice to have.
    Really wish that Haunt concluded better than it did. We never got any real resolution with any of his disappeared cast or anything. If Haunt never gets another book, it would be cool if sone of those Agency cast join the regular/rotating Spawn cast.

Mighty Member

Really wish that Haunt concluded better than it did. We never got any real resolution with any of his disappeared cast or anything. If Haunt never gets another book, it would be cool if sone of those Agency cast join the regular/rotating Spawn cast.
    with the upcoming spawn universe titles haunt will gain his own series again under spawn banner.

Mighty Member

also dakota being in the main series plus black azazel cameo means that characters from the other series will appear in the other titles.

Mighty Member

King spawn 17 is out

Fantastic Member

Well, my hope is that if a new Haunt book doesn't happen, at least not in the immediate future, then at least do a Haunt arc in one of the books like The Scorched. Team books usually have a formula of one of the members taking center stage and an arc being about him/her/it and given how the Scorched did on Medieval and fleshing him out I think they can do so with Haunt that then can be used to launch a new book if need be. It'd be better than the slowest-acting poison ever that doesn't really hinder him much story while being on two teams that don't seem any interest currently in helping him with said poison he has currently going on.

Mighty Member

Well, my hope is that if a new Haunt book doesn't happen, at least not in the immediate future, then at least do a Haunt arc in one of the books like The Scorched. Team books usually have a formula of one of the members taking center stage and an arc being about him/her/it and given how the Scorched did on Medieval and fleshing him out I think they can do so with Haunt that then can be used to launch a new book if need be. It'd be better than the slowest-acting poison ever that doesn't really hinder him much story while being on two teams that don't seem any interest currently in helping him with said poison he has currently going on.
    meh just ignore it besides we are getting a two issue mini series

Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

When the Toddfather decided he was going to expand Spawn beyond a single monthly book and launch 3 more ongoing titles alongside his long running Spawn comic, he talked a lot about his vision of being seen as a third alternative to Marvel & DC. He made several statements about the character of Spawn being devalued in favor of other characters (and new characters) being given the limelight, and he mentioned how he wanted to grow this line into something big over the coarse of time.

Here we are, close to 2 years later, and the 4 titles are going strong. But what does the future hold? Will there be more expansion, or will 4 be the number? What would you like to see?