Page 120 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 1881

Thread: Spawn

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by captainzombie View Post
    I just also trimmed down my pull list. Both on the Marvel and DC side it just appears like there is just a lot of junk titles.

Today I decided to drop King Spawn as I haven't been feeling that title and plan to stick with Spawn, Gun Slinger, and Scorched. I agree with you on the variants, it has been getting out of control across the board all the publishers and both BOOM and Dynamite are the worst offenders. Gunslinger is the only title of the Spawn books where I get all of the books for each issue as he is my favorite hell Spawn. I hate it when they also release all of these sketch variant covers of the existing main covers.
    I hope they announce soon when, IF or WHAT of these new Spawn series are limited mini-series or whatnot, that way I (and I’m sure many others) can plan ahead.

Scorched right now seems to be a necessary companion piece to be read alongside the main Soawn title, but King Spawn and GunSlinger almost seem be standalones at this point. I don’t even know where to squeeze King Spawn at in the current reading arch, lol. I just be reading each issue like, “oh, so this is what we are doing today?” LOL

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    I hope they announce soon when, IF or WHAT of these new Spawn series are limited mini-series or whatnot, that way I (and I’m sure many others) can plan ahead.

Scorched right now seems to be a necessary companion piece to be read alongside the main Soawn title, but King Spawn and GunSlinger almost seem be standalones at this point. I don’t even know where to squeeze King Spawn at in the current reading arch, lol. I just be reading each issue like, “oh, so this is what we are doing today?” LOL
    Apparently set before the hell throne arc in spawn showing how he got to hell

Fantastic Member

Well, it has been a minute since posting here, been reading all the books and caught up. Definitely have some thoughts in the near future on where all the books are at. For me, King Spawn has taken the biggest nosedive in quality and now that its written by Todd fully with the book entering its third year I'm trepidatious as to where that book is going after such a solid first year. The Scorched I've actually been really liking more and more with the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse, the planet eaters, and now She Spawn working with Greenworld which in and of itself asks questions given where the main Spawn book is at. Don't think I didn't notice they snuck Raven Spawn into the main book out of nowhere lol.

As for the new announcements, there definitely are a lot of new books and it seems that they may be using Spawn 350 as the reset for where these new books, at least some of them, can happen given whoever ends up being ruler of Hell as I can easily see how a new Gunslinger and Medieval Spawn series can come out if they are returned to their own timeline as a result of that. Nice seeing Dark Ages come back. Rat City sounds cool as a cybernetic future Spawn gets a thumbs up from me where we could possibly see Redeemer and Reaper possibly play a part given the former is from the future and will certainly check that out along with No Home Here. A new Violator series was inevitable, much like Sam & Twitch which looks to have Case Files in the name of it so an interesting return of that, and I don't really care for Misery or Focus. The latter of which I'm not even sure why that is a thing given he's just a speedster that didn't leave much of an impression in Gunslinger Spawn and you have other characters like Soul Crusher or even a Greenworld book you could do that would be more interesting. As I've said before, and now more so since they are bringing back Dark Ages, they should do a new Curse of the Spawn where some of these projects can happen as a one-shot or small arc in that with creative teams just having free reign to do what they want with a character. Have an idea for Ninja Spawn? Cool, put it there. Something on Focus? Put it there. Dino Spawn to get wacky and explore other Spawns that may not appear in the other books? Have at it! I think that could be better than just launching more books than needed and you get the same result. Guess we'll see as these become solicited what the plan is for each of them in terms of length.

I'll definitely be checking out the Spawn arc that Killadelphia will be doing starting in November though.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    Well, it has been a minute since posting here, been reading all the books and caught up. Definitely have some thoughts in the near future on where all the books are at. For me, King Spawn has taken the biggest nosedive in quality and now that its written by Todd fully with the book entering its third year I'm trepidatious as to where that book is going after such a solid first year. The Scorched I've actually been really liking more and more with the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse, the planet eaters, and now She Spawn working with Greenworld which in and of itself asks questions given where the main Spawn book is at. Don't think I didn't notice they snuck Raven Spawn into the main book out of nowhere lol.

As for the new announcements, there definitely are a lot of new books and it seems that they may be using Spawn 350 as the reset for where these new books, at least some of them, can happen given whoever ends up being ruler of Hell as I can easily see how a new Gunslinger and Medieval Spawn series can come out if they are returned to their own timeline as a result of that. Nice seeing Dark Ages come back. Rat City sounds cool as a cybernetic future Spawn gets a thumbs up from me where we could possibly see Redeemer and Reaper possibly play a part given the former is from the future and will certainly check that out along with No Home Here. A new Violator series was inevitable, much like Sam & Twitch which looks to have Case Files in the name of it so an interesting return of that, and I don't really care for Misery or Focus. The latter of which I'm not even sure why that is a thing given he's just a speedster that didn't leave much of an impression in Gunslinger Spawn and you have other characters like Soul Crusher or even a Greenworld book you could do that would be more interesting. As I've said before, and now more so since they are bringing back Dark Ages, they should do a new Curse of the Spawn where some of these projects can happen as a one-shot or small arc in that with creative teams just having free reign to do what they want with a character. Have an idea for Ninja Spawn? Cool, put it there. Something on Focus? Put it there. Dino Spawn to get wacky and explore other Spawns that may not appear in the other books? Have at it! I think that could be better than just launching more books than needed and you get the same result. Guess we'll see as these become solicited what the plan is for each of them in terms of length.

I'll definitely be checking out the Spawn arc that Killadelphia will be doing starting in November though.
    I feel todd said there will be 12 books in the past maybe a she-spawn and redeemer series next medevial is about a plague doctor spawn feels more like an origin story same with deadly tales of the Gunsligner. The main gunslinger series is being drawn by by Carlo baberi while Brent booth will be doing the main series from now on.

Rory the current writer of the main series will be writing for medevial spawn
    Dark ages spawn is a completely different spawn.

People love speedsters.

Todd is writing for most of these new books by the way. We a the first female writer for rat city too
    Last edited by Toxin45; 10-28-2023 at 08:01 AM.

Mighty Member

Good times

Mighty Member

gunslinger returns to the past only to find in civil war and shows up in the present as an old man.

Incredible Member

Relaunching Curse of the Spawn would have been awesome. Or I wonder if because a third of its original run is mired with the legal mess with the name Tony Twist and those three issues of Angela, Todd feels that it’s run is tainted. Heck, I’d think it would be cool to merely pick the series right back up at issue 30, to keep its original numbering going, but we all know brand new number 1’s sell.

Totally agree with you on the thought that 350 will act as a brand reset. It is needed at this point. Between Spawn, King Spawn, Scorched and Gunslinger, King Spawn read as the superior book for a while but even that has changed.

The one book I wanted to hear a relaunch about was Haunt. That characters series, even though he was brought back in the Spawn series, his run was really cut by the throat. Unless he is going to remain a regular ongoing character in one of the Spawn titles in the future, I’d really wanted more focus on the world that was created around his character and expanded cast.
    Last edited by Blanks; 10-29-2023 at 08:49 AM.

Mighty Member

Relaunching Curse of the Spawn would have been awesome. Or I wonder if because a third of its original run is mired with the legal mess with the name Tony Twist and those three issues of Angela, Todd feels that it’s run is tainted. Heck, I’d think it would be cool to merely pick the series right back up at issue 30, to keep its original numbering going, but we all know brand new number 1’s sell.

Totally agree with you on the thought that 350 will act as a brand reset. It is needed at this point. Between Spawn, King Spawn, Scorched and Gunslinger, King Spawn read as the superior book for a while but even that has changed.

The one book I wanted to hear a relaunch about was Haunt. That characters series, even though he was brought back in the Spawn series, his run was really cut by the throat. Unless he is going to remain a regular ongoing character in one of the Spawn titles in the future, I’d really wanted more focus on the world that was created around his character and expanded cast.
    I have been wondering that myself about haunt guess his cast will be spawn regulars in the future the editor did tease them about becoming part of the scorched.

King spawn editor notes from fans ask about Tiffany and malebolgia returning along with suture on Reddit. Got an Reddit account there same with the editor

Mighty Member

Thomas healy aka blanquebox on. Reddit offical editor on spawn said that king spawn will directly tie into spawn 350,while gunslinger and scorched’s current arcs are before the current events of spawn

Fantastic Member

Great point on potential legal trouble with using the Curse of the Spawn name, but maybe calling it something else could work. Haunt I would love to dive into as the previous series has become practically impossible to get a hold of at this point and I feel like he's just there right now and needs to be his own thing again away from all of the Spawn stuff.

In other news, writer Sean Lewis is no longer on any of the Spawn Universe books as posted on his Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/p/CyQrh4BrrpX/. The Scorched #22 was his final issue as this past week's The Scorched #23 was by John Layman and #24 looks to be written by Todd himself which would mean going forward Todd is writing 3 of the 4 current universe books. Sean will definitely be missed especially on King Spawn where I can tell a change happened there that made me wonder if something behind the scenes was happening with that book and The Scorched was getting its feet under itself in its second year. Hopefully, its not a case of something we have heard from before of just Todd wanting to take everything over, the over and under on when Todd fully takes over the main book again makes me wonder now, but hopefully, we'll see Sean again in another Spawn book down the road.
    Last edited by HellsRider; 11-11-2023 at 02:56 PM.

Mighty Member

Great point on potential legal trouble with using the Curse of the Spawn name, but maybe calling it something else could work. Haunt I would love to dive into as the previous series has become practically impossible to get a hold of at this point and I feel like he's just there right now and needs to be his own thing again away from all of the Spawn stuff.

In other news, writer Sean Lewis is no longer on any of the Spawn Universe books as posted on his Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/p/CyQrh4BrrpX/. The Scorched #22 was his final issue as this past week's The Scorched #23 was by John Layman and #24 looks to be written by Todd himself which would mean going forward Todd is writing 3 of the 4 current universe books. Sean will definitely be missed especially on King Spawn where I can tell a change happened there that made me wonder if something behind the scenes was happening with that book and The Scorched was getting its feet under itself in its second year. Hopefully, its not a case of something we have heard from before of just Todd wanting to take everything over, the over and under on when Todd fully takes over the main book again makes me wonder now, but hopefully, we'll see Sean again in another Spawn book down the road.
    Well sean just wants to do other projects I saw from Twitter.

Todd also is writing half of the upcoming spawn universe books. Rory is also writing for medivap spawn albeit as a prequel alongside deadly tales of the gunslinger and violator which is by different writers.

Focus also has a different writer alongside no home here,spawn kills every spawn,and rat city.

Todd said he wanted 12 more titles after king spawn,spawn,scorched, and Gunsligner looks like he kept half his word maybe the last two are likely she-spawn and redeemer

Fantastic Member

Well, the March 2024 solicitations are out, and Sam and Twitch: Case Files returns on March 20th as an ongoing once again (the original Case Files series did go about 25 issues back from 2003 - 2006 but this will likely be its own thing) with the team of Todd McFarlane and Syzmon Kudranski. Preview can be seen here - https://bleedingcool.com/comics/todd...2024-solicits/

Incredible Member

After reading Spawn issue 348 today, I have a theory. When Al and Wanda finally reach the throne of hell where Al obviously will challenge Sinn (Coglistro), I see the outcome will be of Wanda sitting upon the Throne, becoming the Queen of Hell.

When they get around to putting this arch in Omnibus collection, it’s gonna read like a cluttered mess they way they got the story spread out between Spawn, King Spawn and Scorched.
    Last edited by Blanks; 12-21-2023 at 07:57 AM.

Mighty Member

After reading Spawn issue 348 today, I have a theory. When Al and Wanda finally reach the throne of hell where Al obviously will challenge Sinn (Coglistro), I see the outcome will be of Wanda sitting upon the Throne, becoming the Queen of Hell.
    read king spawn 29 next year for how spawn and wanda met again too.
    Also violator has a sister now in scorched who has beef with medevial