Page 121 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 1881

Thread: Spawn

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    After reading Spawn issue 348 today, I have a theory. When Al and Wanda finally reach the throne of hell where Al obviously will challenge Sinn (Coglistro), I see the outcome will be of Wanda sitting upon the Throne, becoming the Queen of Hell.

When they get around to putting this arch in Omnibus collection, it’s gonna read like a cluttered mess they way they got the story spread out between Spawn, King Spawn and Scorched.
    Yeah, I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head on where things are going. I do find it interesting that some of Al's rogues gallery from the original 100 issues like Freak, Cygor, Heap, and Overtkill are being taken out here during this event. Hopefully, that makes way for new villains/characters to come and/or give time to characters that need the spotlight and haven't gotten too much of it yet.

I had a write-up planned for the second year of King Spawn, but then I realized that my interest in the book is at a low and I asked myself what purpose this book now serves. The first year was solid, but then it had a pretty muddy first half of the second year that I just attributed to a bunch of table setting for what is to come and then we are hit by a six-month filler arc about brains that felt completely out of place in the book with the story it was telling up to that point. Sure Cyan came back, but we got no idea where she has been since departing from the main book at the end of the Dark Horror arc. It makes me wonder if something behind the scenes happened with King Spawn. Now starting its third year, it is a messy story as it tries to fit in some way into this Throne of Hell event that was supposed to involve the main book, King Spawn, and Gunslinger Spawn going by solicitations, and Gunslinger is so far removed from everything while King Spawn provides just confusing information or nothing really important to the event.

If we were to timeline the events it go as follows:

1) After Spawn and Haunt return to Earth from Heaven, as the Dead Zones are now blown wide open thanks to Heaven tricking both characters, Spawn meets up with Nyx. Clown intrudes and offers the three of them to work together to stop Sinn and put Clown on the Throne of Hell while revealing Nyx is working for Greenworld. Al decides to not work with any of them. (Spawn 343)

2) Clown tries again to ask for Al to work with him and Al says no after a fight between the two. (King Spawn 25)

3) Al gathers the troops and goes into Hell. (Spawn 344) Seemingly at the same time, or not which is worse, he goes into Hell by himself with help from the Visage. (King Spawn 26...this is really confusing)

4) Al and everyone make their way through Hell now with Raven Spawn as part of the team. Bear in mind, Raven Spawn was against Al in the King Spawn book. With Al revealing his true intentions to everyone, Jessica decides to go back for Gunslinger and Medieval who were captured and everyone else goes with her. (Spawn 345 - 347)

5) Al makes his way deeper into Hell alone and is said to meet up with Wanda in the next issue of King Spawn. Bear in mind that the main book mentioned that Wanda's soul escaped Heaven when the Dead Zones were blown open which contradicts her soul being in Hell already as the first half of the second year of King Spawn noted. (King Spawn 27 - 29)

6) This now brings us to the latest issue of the main book 348.

Yeah, the story and release of it is so confusing that it just feels like the main book should have just been the only book telling the story with the way it has been told so far and has honestly made King Spawn perfunctory as the main book already has Al & Wanda together before they meet up in an issue of King Spawn that hasn't released yet. This was not planned out well at all.

Incredible Member

It’s like a case of to many chefs in one kitchen, trying to keep it all running.

If it’s become this much of a jumbled mess, there really does not need to be any other books launched that are tied together. Let them all be standalones, without intercepting each other. That was one of the blessing about Spawn; there was only one book (2 of you count Sam and Twitch/Case Files) to keep up the main story.

I’m already dropping Gunslinger, after issue 30 drops because I hate stopping in the middle of an arch, and Gunslinger already seems so distant away from Spawn/Scorched and King Spawn. Here is hoping that after Spawn Issue 350 drops they can get things realigned with their next direction and not be so scattered over all the place.
    Last edited by Blanks; 12-26-2023 at 03:44 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    Yeah, I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head on where things are going. I do find it interesting that some of Al's rogues gallery from the original 100 issues like Freak, Cygor, Heap, and Overtkill are being taken out here during this event. Hopefully, that makes way for new villains/characters to come and/or give time to characters that need the spotlight and haven't gotten too much of it yet.

I had a write-up planned for the second year of King Spawn, but then I realized that my interest in the book is at a low and I asked myself what purpose this book now serves. The first year was solid, but then it had a pretty muddy first half of the second year that I just attributed to a bunch of table setting for what is to come and then we are hit by a six-month filler arc about brains that felt completely out of place in the book with the story it was telling up to that point. Sure Cyan came back, but we got no idea where she has been since departing from the main book at the end of the Dark Horror arc. It makes me wonder if something behind the scenes happened with King Spawn. Now starting its third year, it is a messy story as it tries to fit in some way into this Throne of Hell event that was supposed to involve the main book, King Spawn, and Gunslinger Spawn going by solicitations, and Gunslinger is so far removed from everything while King Spawn provides just confusing information or nothing really important to the event.

If we were to timeline the events it go as follows:

1) After Spawn and Haunt return to Earth from Heaven, as the Dead Zones are now blown wide open thanks to Heaven tricking both characters, Spawn meets up with Nyx. Clown intrudes and offers the three of them to work together to stop Sinn and put Clown on the Throne of Hell while revealing Nyx is working for Greenworld. Al decides to not work with any of them. (Spawn 343)

2) Clown tries again to ask for Al to work with him and Al says no after a fight between the two. (King Spawn 25)

3) Al gathers the troops and goes into Hell. (Spawn 344) Seemingly at the same time, or not which is worse, he goes into Hell by himself with help from the Visage. (King Spawn 26...this is really confusing)

4) Al and everyone make their way through Hell now with Raven Spawn as part of the team. Bear in mind, Raven Spawn was against Al in the King Spawn book. With Al revealing his true intentions to everyone, Jessica decides to go back for Gunslinger and Medieval who were captured and everyone else goes with her. (Spawn 345 - 347)

5) Al makes his way deeper into Hell alone and is said to meet up with Wanda in the next issue of King Spawn. Bear in mind that the main book mentioned that Wanda's soul escaped Heaven when the Dead Zones were blown open which contradicts her soul being in Hell already as the first half of the second year of King Spawn noted. (King Spawn 27 - 29)

6) This now brings us to the latest issue of the main book 348.

Yeah, the story and release of it is so confusing that it just feels like the main book should have just been the only book telling the story with the way it has been told so far and has honestly made King Spawn perfunctory as the main book already has Al & Wanda together before they meet up in an issue of King Spawn that hasn't released yet. This was not planned out well at all.
    They are making new villains already and characters but they kinda either a suffer a defeat and don't come back much or just being forgotten. Like they seclude slips are real.

And some of those that did are kinda pushed in the wayside.

Like the new gods won't contribute much either i doubt they would be the new big bads given the montly comic run and fillers.
    Last edited by Toxin45; 12-26-2023 at 03:20 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    It’s like a case of to many chefs in one kitchen, trying to keep it all running.

If it’s become this much of a jumbled mess, there really does not need to be any other books launched that are tied together. Let them all be standalones, without intercepting each other. That was one of the blessing about Spawn; there was only one book (2 of you count Sam and Twitch/Case Files).

I’m already dropping Gunslinger, oncrvissue 30 drops because I hate stopping in the midfield of an arch, and Gunslinger already seems so distant away from Spawn/Scorched and King Spawn. Here is hoping that after 350 drops they can get things realigned with their next direction.
    Sure bro I feel violator and clown would recombine again. If wanda rules hell wonder how all would get new villains?

Sinn might die and they will likely kill off catacylsum and rapture.

Deadly tales of the gunslinger is defitnally a prequel to the main gunslinger series.We are getting more books for the expanded universe.
    Last edited by Toxin45; 12-26-2023 at 03:31 PM.

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Like to see a Hellboy & or Justice League Dark crossover with Spawn, the Al Simmons version
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by red winter View Post
    Like to see a Hellboy & or Justice League Dark crossover with Spawn, the Al Simmons version
    That would be the dream

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by red winter View Post
    Because of the recent crossovers with DC/Warner Bros (aka Mortal Kombat) I wouldn’t think it wouldn’t be to far out of reality to see a Spawn/DC crossover at some point. Me personally, I’ve always wanted to see a Spawn/Wonder Woman crossover, because it feels like it could play like the dynamic of Al/Angela in terms of their dynamic.

With all those DC covers we got across the board from the Spawn/Batman crossover, it would be amazing to say the least to see a lengthy mini-series where Al aids/assists/fights with or against the greater DC. I know I’m all for seeing Al curb-stomp Superman if the opportunity arose, lol
    Last edited by Blanks; 12-27-2023 at 07:16 AM.

Incredible Member

If Wanda, hypothetically steals the throne of Hell from beneath Al and Sinn’s feet in issue 350, I wonder if it would place Wanda totally in an antagonistic role against Al. That would shift the whole dynamic and all of Al’s motivations on making “them” pay, the “them” being heaven and hell. Would his anger for being betrayed turn Al against Wanda making her a full fledged enemy? And if so, what are her hypothetical reasons for wanting the throne of Hell herself? A self sacrifice to protect Cyan, her family friends and in turn, Al himself from falling back into the abyss?

Honestly, I’m excited at this story possibility. From that one line in issue 348, it’s had the wheels turning for me, imagining how the shift would be in Al’s narrative, knowing that the person whom he pretty much damned his soul for, to see again, becomes the absolute ruler of Hell… and by default his new enemy.

All hypothetical of course.
    Last edited by Blanks; 12-27-2023 at 04:54 AM.

Mighty Member

Spawn 352 will have some new stuff

Also scorched revealed that violator has a sister apparently.
    Last edited by Toxin45; 12-27-2023 at 06:41 AM.

Incredible Member

IMG_7612.jpg

Random, but not really. Back in the day when they first revealed (Carrie) as part of Al’s cast, I would have SWORN that Nyx was this character being revisited. Before more of Nyx’s backstory was revealed, I was waiting for the eventual reveal that after this encounter, this young woman became semi obsessed regarding her hero from Spawn issue 1 and followed his exploits over the years, learning that he was other-worldly which lead her to using Magick. I was disappointed when Todd or the other writer at the time, Brian Haberlin , didn’t use this opportunity to tie these events together.

It would have made Al and Nyx’s friendship/relationship more bittersweet, especially now considering what and how they have evolved Nyx’s character.

Also, I drew some fanart for Todd’s Spawnuary contest he launched on the 1st. I was sick all week and the deadline is tomorrow, so I couldn’t really get into it like I wanted, plus this is my first attempt at drawing straight digital. Wanted to share.

IMG_7613.jpg
    Last edited by Blanks; 01-06-2024 at 03:38 PM.

Fantastic Member

That is really cool art, Blanks, and hope you feel better.

My ideal DC crossover with Spawn has always been Swamp Thing. The very idea of both characters spans generations and serves ideas/concepts that span eons. I think it'd be really fun and rather introspective, especially for Al talking with Alec in a soldier and scientist dynamic especially when you factor the other groups/kingdoms. I'm hoping post-350 that everything is better aligned too and each project is its own world as that is what worked best when Spawn had multiple books out back in the day. With Gunslinger, I'm just burning the oil until the Gunslinger sequel series by Palmiotti comes out because I think that will be solid. I just re-read the second year of The Scorched which interestingly had Sinn's armor hanging in Urizen's cave and the two sort of working together. Not sure what that is about, but I hope its revisited. That said, I'm not a fan of the series just seemingly needing to restart itself every year. Yeah the concept is to switch the characters around, but you'd think after a major arc and threat like that, they'd go after Urizen and Gaia next. I mean the Violator has a sister now on top of having a daughter in Dakota? Who cares when you could have just used the Phlebiac brothers?

Wanda taking over the throne is interesting given they said she's down there with a mission in mind. It makes me wonder how Rapture is going too rogue for the other Heaven soldiers and the other soldiers wondering who they should back post-Rapture. I'm wondering if God had a hand in having Wanda down there to try to take over the throne...

Incredible Member

I’m feeling better. Took 4 days to kick it, but this what it is.

God sending Wanda down to hell to claim the throne? I hadn’t considered that, but that would be a wild twist into things.

Spawn and Swamp Thing would be an epic crossover. Swamp Thing is pretty much the Greenworld’s Heap for DC. The possibilities there could be endless. Heck, the connection could be the back door that would allow the Toddverse to walk over into DC and vise versa. I love it!

350 is right around the corner; so hopefully we get some good resolution from this “war”. The fact that we are getting a Case Files book this year, kinda indicates that the line is getting softly “reset”, like bs l to the basics status quo reset. I read yesterday that issue 351 takes place 6 months after issue 350, so that’s an indicator of a line “clean-up”.

Fantastic Member

Glad to hear it!

Yeah, all 4 books will have a six-month time jump post 350 so that would be Spawn 351, The Scorched 27, King Spawn 31, and Gunslinger 29 at least based on solicitations. Curious to see what the landscape looks like then. I will say that my other disappointment with The Throne of Hell event, besides the handling of the story itself where I feel like King Spawn was setting this up as the main driver of the story and the main book would have added to the story and not the other way around leaving King Spawn feeling inconsequential which isn't a great look for a still fairly young book, is the lack of making each realm visually distinct to go back to issue 8 of the main book that depicted the uniqueness of each circle of Hell. That would have been a great artist flex to do that, but instead, it is rather boring environmentally seeing just caves, bogs, and castles that I guess its to give a sort of Game of Thrones vibe (I see what they did there) but just my two cents on that.

Mighty Member

Glad to hear it!

Yeah, all 4 books will have a six-month time jump post 350 so that would be Spawn 351, The Scorched 27, King Spawn 31, and Gunslinger 29 at least based on solicitations. Curious to see what the landscape looks like then. I will say that my other disappointment with The Throne of Hell event, besides the handling of the story itself where I feel like King Spawn was setting this up as the main driver of the story and the main book would have added to the story and not the other way around leaving King Spawn feeling inconsequential which isn't a great look for a still fairly young book, is the lack of making each realm visually distinct to go back to issue 8 of the main book that depicted the uniqueness of each circle of Hell. That would have been a great artist flex to do that, but instead, it is rather boring environmentally seeing just caves, bogs, and castles that I guess its to give a sort of Game of Thrones vibe (I see what they did there) but just my two cents on that.
    Like bro king spawn is more like detective comics and action comics spin-offs for the main series.

Incredible Member

Glad to hear it!

I just had the thought… if Todd was willing to relaunch Casefiles again; why not relaunch Hellspawn as the appropriate sister-book for Spawn? King Spawn, if Al doesn’t reclaim the throne of hell… the title kinda becomes redundant now. Dunno, just a thought I just had. Like you, very interested to see the landscape post 350, and all of Al’s relationships with past and present allies and enemies going forward.