Page 114 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 1879

Thread: Spawn

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    Yeah, Love will be back in Scorched 14 at the end of this month as the preview of that is on Mcfarlane.com. Love's only appearance was in that Spawn & Batman crossover that they recently re-released a few months back along with War Devil called Batman/Spawn: The Classic Collection which makes me wonder if they'll do something with the War Devil side of it but I doubt it as Todd wasn't on that at all and strictly published by DC at that time plus nothing really of note is there. So that is really the only primer you need on Love as she never appeared in anything else in the franchise to my knowledge. Necro is an interesting choice as I don't think Spawn Simony has seen any re-release since it came out in 2004 so that is a curious choice. I know that even existing is interesting as it came about as the publisher of the French versions of Spawn, Semic, having a really tight relationship with Todd such that Todd allowed them to put a team together to create an original story in the Spawn mythos. It has been years since I read that and don't remember much from it.

I definitely liked the Nyx and Al dynamic back in the day and felt if Al couldn't be with Wanda and not have a happy ending that way, Nyx would be the potential happy ending for him. It does suck that they are currently against one another but hopefully, down the road, they'll be able to work together as we just don't have the full story yet of Nyx's return and end goal with Downing and I hope that they flesh out the Nyx/Priest relationship too.
    Okay but that gunslinger spawn preview seems like his new speedster isn’t a villain but also wants revenge on one of gunslinger’s targets.

Seems like Gaia was the one who revived nyx and is one of her agents alongside downing.
    Last edited by Toxin45; 01-08-2023 at 08:50 AM.

Mighty Member

Gunslinger spawn 16 and spawn unwanted violence issue 1 are out today

Fantastic Member

The Scorched Year One - "The insinuation is clear. Spawn put this team together. He was supposed to be their general, yet one year later, they're battered and beaten with little direction. Something needs to change." This is on the second to last page of issue 12 that perfectly captures this book. The Spawn franchise has never really had a team book to call its own though Image Comics crossovers like Splitting Image, Altered Image, and Image United for example have happened. We have seen team-ups for brief periods like Sam & Twitch and Spawn, Spawn with his former enemies, or Spawn and Angela, but a team book has never happened given the premise of Spawn itself being a single soldier that is placed on Earth every X number of years. However, with the rip in time from 300/301 a unique opportunity has presented itself as Heaven and Hell forces from across different time periods both past and future are now in the present timeline where now a team book is actually viable. But out of all the new books released so far, this is one that has the highest level of potential and brings in new readers, but is currently being squandered away, and since issue 1 is only for those already versed in the Universe which in itself brings some problems. The story has a lot going on but isn't given the time to flesh much of it out, Medieval and Sergei are bright spots in the latter half of Year One but most of the other members just exist when opportunities were there for further character development as the team hasn't found any sense of cohesion by the book's own admission, and while the art looks fine and action scenes done well nothing really sticks out regarding the art resulting in a lack of a distinct visual identity. Where King Spawn has felt like a book with a certain vision since the first arc with major implications and Gunslinger has felt like a character idea with nothing else behind it, the Scorched feels more like an idea that is still in the planning out phase.

I actually felt bad for Sergei with how Spawn treats him and leaves him in Limbo when all he wanted to do was help while tying Medieval Spawn's history to Plague Spawn was good though I hope we don't see Plague again any time soon with how often the book uses every type of synonym for a virus to get its point across. We get how a plague works. Gunslinger goes from the hot head of the group to just existing and flip-flopping later (defending Sergei and then an issue to two later saying he never trusted him with no proof of that and then later saying he'll drag Spawn back for taking Sergei away) which is made worse by how little development he has in his own book, Redeemer, Reaper and Haunt exist, and She Spawn acts like a leader at points but it never felt that way and by the end of the first year, it feels like her wings were clipped as she has been saddled with being a mom and worrying about enemy forces discovering that continuing into issue 13 with the time-honored tradition of files. I actually don't care for Spawn being in this book as the book already has the task of establishing itself, its team dynamic and fleshing out members that have yet to be fleshed out further. This goes back to my comment regarding the book not being new reader friendly as the book assumes your in the know on these characters but even then the majority of them we know at the basic level only and I think the book misses out on bringing in new readers that maybe interested in a team book and jump into the Universe this way. It wouldn't have been hard to have dedicated a single page in the first six issues to each member of the team from the perspective of Priest in terms of establishing the relationship to join the group, the character's goal, and abilities while injecting Priest's personality and then transition in the second half to doing something similar with the big bad of the first year in an unreliable narrator bit. As it stands, I should care more about this team but sadly I don't and if this is meant for me to care for some characters getting their own book down the line I just don't see that.

We finally get to story and this is where the book is all over the place, not in a good way and the Universe rears its ugly head again. To it's credit, the Scorched's first year has a lot going on - Black Flag, Plague Spawn, Reaper, Soul Crusher and the orphans, The Buyer, Haunt, and the Sin Devourers - but the book moves too fast to develop any particular plot point as much as it should and misses opportunities for where fleshing out needed to happen. The book posits Black Flag in the same breath as Psalms and the Court but BF is given only two issues and thus feels unearned and cannot be taken as a similar threat of that level. Why does Redeemer want to find Reaper? Your guess is as good as mine as the book doesn't explore it. Sergei has an answer to some of the challenges the team and Al have been facing - throw him in to Limbo because Al said so to "prove himself." A traitor storyline comes as the book positions Soul Crusher, Haunt, and Medieval to be the ones to turn on Al specifically that really isn't taken to any point of believability so maybe its something for later but seems that may have been dropped if issue 13 is anything to go on. The Curse is revealed to be The Buyer, but wait didn't he die, brought back to life as an undead working for Al along with some other former villains and may have last been with Downing? None of that apparently has happened as Curse is back to being a human as his only past is up to when he fought Al way back when in the main book. Haunt comes in and knows Jessica but how? The book doesn't explore it. The original Plague Spawn appears seemingly to make a move of some kind only for nothing to happen with that as Natasha is taken over by Plague's quills into a faux Plague Spawn like the Russian general as the Plague part of Year One just ends. Medieval can summon a McFarlane dragon out of nowhere for a final battle against Curse and the Sin Devourers - but how come Medieval didn't summon that during the team's fight against the Sin Devourers so they don't get captured and what happened to said army of Sin Devourers when Medieval and Sergei easily took them and Curse down? In issue 13, The Freak is now part of the team but a) he's still got his undead look kinda looking Tales of the Crypt and b) wasn't he on a mission for Downing last we saw him in the main book and Downing's team is against Spawn's at least given what is going down in the main book right now? The recently released Unwanted Violence #1 puts that book sometime after 300 but before 301 as Spawn finds Freak which means after this mini-series, Freak went missing again and Spawn found him and Overtkill in 301? Guess we'll see how the mini goes. The surprising thing about this first year is that this book is written by Sean Lewis who also writes King Spawn. Where I feel Lewis is careful and deliberate with King Spawn, Scorched doesn't have that same level of care to it opting to go for a more chaotic approach that confuses more than engages that if you told me that Todd's "additional dialogue" is more than we think I wouldn't be surprised.

Despite this bevy of issues, the book has its bright spots - the aforementioned time taken to flesh out Medieval and Sergei is well done and the simple novelty of all of these characters being together is fun in parts in a simple smashing toys together kind of way that as an action comic it works on a basic level but the book desperately needs an anchor and direction and stick with it. Get into the mind of Jessica for her thoughts on forming and leading the team, having doubts of leading a team filled with characters with far more experience than her, coming to her own with her powers, and actually treating her as the leader and not a substitute teacher because Al isn't on the clock, flesh out whatever relationship that there is supposed to be between Reaper and Redeemer that was missed in Year One, keep Gunslinger as the hot head and continue the relationship the writers seem keen on between him and Jessica, keep Spawn far away from the book unless absolutely necessary, do something with Haunt when is in the book, and when new team members come in have Jessica provide more of a reason to be on the team than say Freak's "he can be effective" weak reasoning seen in the most recent issue. The potential is there for this to be a great & fun book and between Gunslinger and Scorched I do look forward to this one to see what corner they touch on next, what team or team member will be on it, and hopefully, be fleshed out and hopefully Year Two can bring the direction and change that the end of Year One says the book needs.

Mighty Member

The Scorched Year One - "The insinuation is clear. Spawn put this team together. He was supposed to be their general, yet one year later, they're battered and beaten with little direction. Something needs to change." This is on the second to last page of issue 12 that perfectly captures this book. The Spawn franchise has never really had a team book to call its own though Image Comics crossovers like Splitting Image, Altered Image, and Image United for example have happened. We have seen team-ups for brief periods like Sam & Twitch and Spawn, Spawn with his former enemies, or Spawn and Angela, but a team book has never happened given the premise of Spawn itself being a single soldier that is placed on Earth every X number of years. However, with the rip in time from 300/301 a unique opportunity has presented itself as Heaven and Hell forces from across different time periods both past and future are now in the present timeline where now a team book is actually viable. But out of all the new books released so far, this is one that has the highest level of potential and brings in new readers, but is currently being squandered away, and since issue 1 is only for those already versed in the Universe which in itself brings some problems. The story has a lot going on but isn't given the time to flesh much of it out, Medieval and Sergei are bright spots in the latter half of Year One but most of the other members just exist when opportunities were there for further character development as the team hasn't found any sense of cohesion by the book's own admission, and while the art looks fine and action scenes done well nothing really sticks out regarding the art resulting in a lack of a distinct visual identity. Where King Spawn has felt like a book with a certain vision since the first arc with major implications and Gunslinger has felt like a character idea with nothing else behind it, the Scorched feels more like an idea that is still in the planning out phase.

I actually felt bad for Sergei with how Spawn treats him and leaves him in Limbo when all he wanted to do was help while tying Medieval Spawn's history to Plague Spawn was good though I hope we don't see Plague again any time soon with how often the book uses every type of synonym for a virus to get its point across. We get how a plague works. Gunslinger goes from the hot head of the group to just existing and flip-flopping later (defending Sergei and then an issue to two later saying he never trusted him with no proof of that and then later saying he'll drag Spawn back for taking Sergei away) which is made worse by how little development he has in his own book, Redeemer, Reaper and Haunt exist, and She Spawn acts like a leader at points but it never felt that way and by the end of the first year, it feels like her wings were clipped as she has been saddled with being a mom and worrying about enemy forces discovering that continuing into issue 13 with the time-honored tradition of files. I actually don't care for Spawn being in this book as the book already has the task of establishing itself, its team dynamic and fleshing out members that have yet to be fleshed out further. This goes back to my comment regarding the book not being new reader friendly as the book assumes your in the know on these characters but even then the majority of them we know at the basic level only and I think the book misses out on bringing in new readers that maybe interested in a team book and jump into the Universe this way. It wouldn't have been hard to have dedicated a single page in the first six issues to each member of the team from the perspective of Priest in terms of establishing the relationship to join the group, the character's goal, and abilities while injecting Priest's personality and then transition in the second half to doing something similar with the big bad of the first year in an unreliable narrator bit. As it stands, I should care more about this team but sadly I don't and if this is meant for me to care for some characters getting their own book down the line I just don't see that.

We finally get to story and this is where the book is all over the place, not in a good way and the Universe rears its ugly head again. To it's credit, the Scorched's first year has a lot going on - Black Flag, Plague Spawn, Reaper, Soul Crusher and the orphans, The Buyer, Haunt, and the Sin Devourers - but the book moves too fast to develop any particular plot point as much as it should and misses opportunities for where fleshing out needed to happen. The book posits Black Flag in the same breath as Psalms and the Court but BF is given only two issues and thus feels unearned and cannot be taken as a similar threat of that level. Why does Redeemer want to find Reaper? Your guess is as good as mine as the book doesn't explore it. Sergei has an answer to some of the challenges the team and Al have been facing - throw him in to Limbo because Al said so to "prove himself." A traitor storyline comes as the book positions Soul Crusher, Haunt, and Medieval to be the ones to turn on Al specifically that really isn't taken to any point of believability so maybe its something for later but seems that may have been dropped if issue 13 is anything to go on. The Curse is revealed to be The Buyer, but wait didn't he die, brought back to life as an undead working for Al along with some other former villains and may have last been with Downing? None of that apparently has happened as Curse is back to being a human as his only past is up to when he fought Al way back when in the main book. Haunt comes in and knows Jessica but how? The book doesn't explore it. The original Plague Spawn appears seemingly to make a move of some kind only for nothing to happen with that as Natasha is taken over by Plague's quills into a faux Plague Spawn like the Russian general as the Plague part of Year One just ends. Medieval can summon a McFarlane dragon out of nowhere for a final battle against Curse and the Sin Devourers - but how come Medieval didn't summon that during the team's fight against the Sin Devourers so they don't get captured and what happened to said army of Sin Devourers when Medieval and Sergei easily took them and Curse down? In issue 13, The Freak is now part of the team but a) he's still got his undead look kinda looking Tales of the Crypt and b) wasn't he on a mission for Downing last we saw him in the main book and Downing's team is against Spawn's at least given what is going down in the main book right now? The recently released Unwanted Violence #1 puts that book sometime after 300 but before 301 as Spawn finds Freak which means after this mini-series, Freak went missing again and Spawn found him and Overtkill in 301? Guess we'll see how the mini goes. The surprising thing about this first year is that this book is written by Sean Lewis who also writes King Spawn. Where I feel Lewis is careful and deliberate with King Spawn, Scorched doesn't have that same level of care to it opting to go for a more chaotic approach that confuses more than engages that if you told me that Todd's "additional dialogue" is more than we think I wouldn't be surprised.

Despite this bevy of issues, the book has its bright spots - the aforementioned time taken to flesh out Medieval and Sergei is well done and the simple novelty of all of these characters being together is fun in parts in a simple smashing toys together kind of way that as an action comic it works on a basic level but the book desperately needs an anchor and direction and stick with it. Get into the mind of Jessica for her thoughts on forming and leading the team, having doubts of leading a team filled with characters with far more experience than her, coming to her own with her powers, and actually treating her as the leader and not a substitute teacher because Al isn't on the clock, flesh out whatever relationship that there is supposed to be between Reaper and Redeemer that was missed in Year One, keep Gunslinger as the hot head and continue the relationship the writers seem keen on between him and Jessica, keep Spawn far away from the book unless absolutely necessary, do something with Haunt when is in the book, and when new team members come in have Jessica provide more of a reason to be on the team than say Freak's "he can be effective" weak reasoning seen in the most recent issue. The potential is there for this to be a great & fun book and between Gunslinger and Scorched I do look forward to this one to see what corner they touch on next, what team or team member will be on it, and hopefully, be fleshed out and hopefully Year Two can bring the direction and change that the end of Year One says the book needs.
    Downing did fix curse but seems like he went on his own same with freak and let’s be real plague will be back in the other titles. Seems like freak is doing his own thing separate from downing same with curse guess they proved more independent compared to cy-gor and overtkill

Plus Gunsligner according to Thomas in issue 16 letters in spawn grounds is still Jeremy wintions and his origin hasn’t been retconned just that it will be explained soon.
    Last edited by Toxin45; 01-13-2023 at 08:01 AM.

Mighty Member

https://mcfarlane.com/publishing/spawn-338/

Spawn 338 preview about nyx.

also king spawn 19 sam and twitch are back.

https://mcfarlane.com/publishing/king-spawn-19/

Mighty Member

Scorched 14 is out now

Mighty Member

Great issue.

Mighty Member

Gunslinger spawn 17 preview is on mcfarlane.com
    https://mcfarlane.com/publishing/gunslinger-17/

Fantastic Member

Been continuing to catch up and will use this post for the main book.

Spawn 336 & 337 - and so we reach the end of act 1 of the Sinn goes to Hell & the return of Nyx storylines. Solid stuff here overall as on the one hand we have a conclusion to the Omega Island battle as Bludd and his forces retreat making Sinn's plans harder to achieve as he continues his fight with the Forsaken. That is until Cadiculus comes in with the assist allowing Sinn to blast Forsaken to another part of the island allowing the duo to reach the fissure, enter it, and reach Hell. I liked the little images we got of Cain and Abel as humans and having fun while contrasting that with the fight they are having in the present time. Bludd better keep one eye open when Sinn returns to Earth. Meanwhile, Downing and Nyx reach the location of where Al has hidden the coordinates to the 14 Dead Zones but the plans are halted as Haunt and Medieval Spawn spring into action to help out Al as it is revealed that prior to issue 333, Medieval told Al about Downing's plans and Marc's involvement allowing Al to put together a plan to flush out whoever Downing is working with as he also courts Haunt to his side. Nyx escapes as Downing, Overtkill & Cygor do battle with Al, Haunt & Medieval. Al soon gives chase and realizes that half of the Dead Zones are now under Nyx's control and as the two meet Al mentions the Black Beast that is coming and while Al thinks Nyx is being controlled, he soon realizes that Nyx is very much aware of what she is doing. In the aftermath of the battle, Spawn promises to help Haunt while telling Medieval that he doesn't want to see Marc ever again while Downing regroups with Nyx as they have made it back to the Greenworld.

Solid stuff here that makes me excited to see what comes next. I had a laugh when Spawn came to Haunt for help given how Spawn gave him the cold shoulder previously, which Haunt mentions but based on upcoming solicits it looks like we will be getting that Spawn & Haunt visit to Heaven. Bit of a disconnect with Al saying he doesn't need Marc's help again when the latest issue of King Spawn saw him call Marc for help on Terry but it is whatever with the timeline at this point. The only muddy point I have is making the latest Batman Spawn crossover canon as that just complicates things for no reason. It doesn't help that there has been no mention of the Black Beast in any of the Universe books up to this point so there is zero build-up and the fact we now know the Black Beast is Batman just makes things land like a wet fart. It's not like we are assuming Wanda is actually now in Gotham, given how the crossover ended, as far as the Spawn Universe of books is concerned and we'll be going there in these books. I'm just not sure why that had to be there when you can't really do anything with that without DC's okay.

I'll also do a little write-up for Rory McConville's first year on the book which there isn't much to say as it has been a solid read under him. It is actually nice to know when picking up this book the stories that we'll be continuing to read as under Todd lord knows what you were going to read and I don't mean that in a good way. It's not anything revolutionary that Rory is doing, but its nice to see stories built up, have the proper time to develop, reach a conclusion, and move on to the next story that has been slowly building up in the background. Rory had to do some table setting with his first few issues which made some of them dry and too talky, but I can tell what he was doing and the payoffs have been solid and it is great that I can pinpoint certain plot points done that they can revisit in this book or another book like how when Spawns are killed now they try and find a new host given the Dead Zones are locked which allows the return of Omega and Monolith down the line or the Spawn & Haunt going to Heaven. Even the media stuff is a little intriguing like the recent issues gave time to miracles happening around the world or the happenings of a corporation that may come into play down the road. One of the best issues of the Universe books last year, besides King Spawn #10, was issue #331 the origin of Cog which as a long-time reader was a long-time coming and done so well that I find myself re-reading that issue every so often. It looks like the upcoming main book issue will do something similar with Nyx which is exciting and honestly makes sense that she is now a warrior for the Greenworld as going back to earlier issues of the main series, the Greenworld helped Al with the understanding that he'd be the one to fight for Earth and end the battle between Heaven & Hell. Years later and while he closed off the Dead Zones, the time rip has caused a new set of problems that Al visiting some random no-name vampire in a cabin (for example) isn't going to get any closer to fixing it so having Greenworld be more active and find a new champion, not counting the Kingslayer stuff going on in King Spawn, makes sense and I'm curious where all of that will lead to. While I'm not crazy about the Sinn design, it is nice to see Cog be more active in the book and now he's gotten his wish what will he do next and will we see him in King Spawn given how the recent arc ended. Al's characterization I'm not crazy about, but it does feel like we are facing the question of - is he too far gone and not the right person for this fight anymore - head on that hopefully will have a satisfying epiphany for the character and a change in path moving forward. Introducing the Forsaken and covering the origin of Redeemers, building up Downing's part of the story with Cygor being a sleeper agent, the Sinn stuff, Haunt & Nyx coming into the fold and more and yeah I really have been digging the main book and look forward to it each month now that years ago I really couldn't say that. Hopefully, Rory continues on and is able to take his storylines where he wants to.

Mighty Member

Been continuing to catch up and will use this post for the main book.

Spawn 336 & 337 - and so we reach the end of act 1 of the Sinn goes to Hell & the return of Nyx storylines. Solid stuff here overall as on the one hand we have a conclusion to the Omega Island battle as Bludd and his forces retreat making Sinn's plans harder to achieve as he continues his fight with the Forsaken. That is until Cadiculus comes in with the assist allowing Sinn to blast Forsaken to another part of the island allowing the duo to reach the fissure, enter it, and reach Hell. I liked the little images we got of Cain and Abel as humans and having fun while contrasting that with the fight they are having in the present time. Bludd better keep one eye open when Sinn returns to Earth. Meanwhile, Downing and Nyx reach the location of where Al has hidden the coordinates to the 14 Dead Zones but the plans are halted as Haunt and Medieval Spawn spring into action to help out Al as it is revealed that prior to issue 333, Medieval told Al about Downing's plans and Marc's involvement allowing Al to put together a plan to flush out whoever Downing is working with as he also courts Haunt to his side. Nyx escapes as Downing, Overtkill & Cygor do battle with Al, Haunt & Medieval. Al soon gives chase and realizes that half of the Dead Zones are now under Nyx's control and as the two meet Al mentions the Black Beast that is coming and while Al thinks Nyx is being controlled, he soon realizes that Nyx is very much aware of what she is doing. In the aftermath of the battle, Spawn promises to help Haunt while telling Medieval that he doesn't want to see Marc ever again while Downing regroups with Nyx as they have made it back to the Greenworld.

Solid stuff here that makes me excited to see what comes next. I had a laugh when Spawn came to Haunt for help given how Spawn gave him the cold shoulder previously, which Haunt mentions but based on upcoming solicits it looks like we will be getting that Spawn & Haunt visit to Heaven. Bit of a disconnect with Al saying he doesn't need Marc's help again when the latest issue of King Spawn saw him call Marc for help on Terry but it is whatever with the timeline at this point. The only muddy point I have is making the latest Batman Spawn crossover canon as that just complicates things for no reason. It doesn't help that there has been no mention of the Black Beast in any of the Universe books up to this point so there is zero build-up and the fact we now know the Black Beast is Batman just makes things land like a wet fart. It's not like we are assuming Wanda is actually now in Gotham, given how the crossover ended, as far as the Spawn Universe of books is concerned and we'll be going there in these books. I'm just not sure why that had to be there when you can't really do anything with that without DC's okay.

I'll also do a little write-up for Rory McConville's first year on the book which there isn't much to say as it has been a solid read under him. It is actually nice to know when picking up this book the stories that we'll be continuing to read as under Todd lord knows what you were going to read and I don't mean that in a good way. It's not anything revolutionary that Rory is doing, but its nice to see stories built up, have the proper time to develop, reach a conclusion, and move on to the next story that has been slowly building up in the background. Rory had to do some table setting with his first few issues which made some of them dry and too talky, but I can tell what he was doing and the payoffs have been solid and it is great that I can pinpoint certain plot points done that they can revisit in this book or another book like how when Spawns are killed now they try and find a new host given the Dead Zones are locked which allows the return of Omega and Monolith down the line or the Spawn & Haunt going to Heaven. Even the media stuff is a little intriguing like the recent issues gave time to miracles happening around the world or the happenings of a corporation that may come into play down the road. One of the best issues of the Universe books last year, besides King Spawn #10, was issue #331 the origin of Cog which as a long-time reader was a long-time coming and done so well that I find myself re-reading that issue every so often. It looks like the upcoming main book issue will do something similar with Nyx which is exciting and honestly makes sense that she is now a warrior for the Greenworld as going back to earlier issues of the main series, the Greenworld helped Al with the understanding that he'd be the one to fight for Earth and end the battle between Heaven & Hell. Years later and while he closed off the Dead Zones, the time rip has caused a new set of problems that Al visiting some random no-name vampire in a cabin (for example) isn't going to get any closer to fixing it so having Greenworld be more active and find a new champion, not counting the Kingslayer stuff going on in King Spawn, makes sense and I'm curious where all of that will lead to. While I'm not crazy about the Sinn design, it is nice to see Cog be more active in the book and now he's gotten his wish what will he do next and will we see him in King Spawn given how the recent arc ended. Al's characterization I'm not crazy about, but it does feel like we are facing the question of - is he too far gone and not the right person for this fight anymore - head on that hopefully will have a satisfying epiphany for the character and a change in path moving forward. Introducing the Forsaken and covering the origin of Redeemers, building up Downing's part of the story with Cygor being a sleeper agent, the Sinn stuff, Haunt & Nyx coming into the fold and more and yeah I really have been digging the main book and look forward to it each month now that years ago I really couldn't say that. Hopefully, Rory continues on and is able to take his storylines where he wants to.
    yep spawn 338 is about nyx and how she is been up to now.

King Spawn 19 also has sam and twitch back with the writers and editors trying to expand the spawn universe giving each character their own spin-off.

Plus margaret love and necro cop did show up in the scorched comics.

Gunslinger is gathering allies on his series like the speedster focus.

Mighty Member

also i saw on reddit said that if spawn got a relaunch it would have a new cast with previous characters making a cameo like a child solider making them younger than al and downing while i suggested that a possible king spawn relaunch have focus only on al simmons.

Mighty Member

King Spawn 19 is out now

Mighty Member

Spawn 338 is out now nice issue

Fantastic Member

Gunslinger Spawn #17 is out this week. Preview for Spawn #339 is now out on McFarlane.com - https://mcfarlane.com/publishing/spawn-339/

Plus, CBR just did a new interview with Todd - https://www.cbr.com/exclusive-todd-m...rse-interview/

A few points from it are that the big move this year for the Spawn franchise is the movie specifically having a script that they could go out to sell by mid-year and if that falls through and doesn't gain traction Todd will go off and do it on his own. Jamie Foxx is still attached to it and there is a bit of talk of a potential cinematic universe and not just one film. Other notes include the artist spotlight when it comes to the covers for the 4 books and potentially adding one or two more monthlies, a couple of miniseries, and some one-shots this year.

Honestly, at the end of the day, he should just be focusing on the one film and if it is received well then see where things can go. He mentioned the Doctor Strange and Eternals films, but those basically can get off the ground because the MCU was gaining traction by that point to do that. Trying to purposefully kick off a cinematic universe at the first film, bearing in mind Iron Man 1 was essentially a hail-mary move that has been well documented, is what has buried every other attempt at a universe. Never mind the fact it is taken this long just for Spawn to get off the ground (which even that is still up in the air) that any talk of a universe shouldn't even be on the table right now. I still maintain that Todd has long missed an opportunity to do a new animated Spawn series especially when the character appeared in Mortal Kombat 11 and they had Keith David come back to voice the character for it. Highly likely the pandemic may have delayed any plans for that given the character was added right around the beginning of the pandemic which would be understandable. I think HBOMax given the original HBO animated series, Amazon given Invincible and the upcoming animated Wytches, or even Netflix would love to have it. Wished that was something that was asked in the interview.
    Last edited by HellsRider; 02-17-2023 at 03:35 PM.

Mighty Member

Gunslinger Spawn #17 is out this week. Preview for Spawn #339 is now out on McFarlane.com - https://mcfarlane.com/publishing/spawn-339/

Plus, CBR just did a new interview with Todd - https://www.cbr.com/exclusive-todd-m...rse-interview/

A few points from it are that the big move this year for the Spawn franchise is the movie specifically having a script that they could go out to sell by mid-year and if that falls through and doesn't gain traction Todd will go off and do it on his own. Jamie Foxx is still attached to it and there is a bit of talk of a potential cinematic universe and not just one film. Other notes include the artist spotlight when it comes to the covers for the 4 books and potentially adding one or two more monthlies, a couple of miniseries, and some one-shots this year.

Honestly, at the end of the day, he should just be focusing on the one film and if it is received well then see where things can go. He mentioned the Doctor Strange and Eternals films, but those basically can get off the ground because the MCU was gaining traction by that point to do that. Trying to purposefully kick off a cinematic universe at the first film, bearing in mind Iron Man 1 was essentially a hail-mary move that has been well documented, is what has buried every other attempt at a universe. Never mind the fact it is taken this long just for Spawn to get off the ground (which even that is still up in the air) that any talk of a universe shouldn't even be on the table right now. I still maintain that Todd has long missed an opportunity to do a new animated Spawn series especially when the character appeared in Mortal Kombat 11 and they had Keith David come back to voice the character for it. Highly likely the pandemic may have delayed any plans for that given the character was added right around the beginning of the pandemic which would be understandable. I think HBOMax given the original HBO animated series, Amazon given Invincible and the upcoming animated Wytches, or even Netflix would love to have it. Wished that was something that was asked in the interview.
    Yeah yeah we get he needs to focus On the film first to make animated series and other spawn adaptions cuz the movie depends on it also hbo max is kinda dying at this point
    Last edited by Toxin45; 02-18-2023 at 06:38 AM.