Page 98 of 124 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1851

Thread: Spawn

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Read Spawn 324, and is Jim Downing, the new Man of Miracles? His new costume and powers reminds me of MOM, a lot.
    no gaia still shows up in king spawn 4 apparently still the man of micacles/mother of existence.

Incredible Member

Picked up 324 yesterday. Guess we are gonna start having a civil war amongst the Spawns at this point. Al and his (team) vs Jim and his. As long as they keep Jessica siding with Al; I’m just kinda digging the dynamic between those two for whatever reason.

So to continue a discussion I started here before, regarding starting from #1, does anyone have any thoughts on it before I actually continue?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    Picked up 324 yesterday. Guess we are gonna start having a civil war amongst the Spawns at this point. Al and his (team) vs Jim and his. As long as they keep Jessica siding with Al; I’m just kinda digging the dynamic between those two for whatever reason.
    Also the scorched is coming out next year and that a new faction is coming from green world apparently also clown comes back in gunslinger spawn

So to continue, I guess, does Spawn break the fourth wall? Even technically?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    So to continue, I guess, does Spawn break the fourth wall? Even technically?
    Very rarely does the main book Spawn series and its spinoffs and one shots break the fourth wall. Besides the Cerebrus issue in the main series, issue #10, the other few moments have been mentions of Angela here and there, though not by name but you pick up on it, and those are few and far between. The Spawn Kills Everyone one-shot and mini-series are about as purposefully breaking the 4th wall as the series ever does.
    Last edited by HellsRider; 12-13-2021 at 01:57 PM.

In my opinion, the first couple of pages certainly read like it. But I suppose exposition can have that effect.

Fantastic Member

I can see that. Some points, like the newscaster stuff, can be referential at points to stuff going on in the real world at that point in time too.

Caught up on the November Spawn issues and definitely a better month.

King Spawn continues to be the best of the three books currently, at least imo, as we get a wrap up of the Kincaid portion of the story that transitions to the Greenworld coming back and how Gaia aka Mother Earth will be fighting back soon and I think the idea of humans dying and going nowhere because the doors to Heaven & Hell are closed is something I hope the series tackles as that can be interesting. Not sure how I feel about Jessica Priest using a child with a Master Chief/Doomslayer size gun as cover fire for her to take down some regular dudes which is the only part of the issue that I felt was hard to believe especially when Medieval shows up that somehow two Spawns would struggle in that situation and then Al shows up and takes everyone out in seconds. The ending of the issue does make me worry that a certain character could be coming back, but we'll see and overall a good issue with solid art.

The main book sees Rory McConville take over full writing duties for the issue, and the next, and its a solid table setting issue that sees Jim Downing and Marc Rosen reunite on page since Spawn 250. Good conversation between the two touching on Al and Medieval Spawn when they get attacked by angels hired by the Vatican to get Medieval Spawn back. Good action here that leads to an interesting conversation between Medieval and Jim where we learn a little bit more on Medieval and the issue ends with Al being confronted by the New Redeemer and we'll see what happens with that in the next issue. Went by quick, but made me intrigued to see what happens next.

Gunslinger is the only one that I'm still waiting to grab me, but of course its early days with the second issue. Picks up right where the 1st issue left off with a big fight between Gunslinger and some angels that reveals a bit about Taylor's, seemingly Gunslinger's human sidekick, father that then ends with some actual toilet humor. I had a feeling that the goofyness in the 1st issue was purposeful, but it just feels weird to go from a big battle, to a moment for Taylor to decide if he'll stick with Gunslinger or not, and then the toiler stuff. Hopefully things pick up with the next issue.

Previews for The Scorched #1, Spawn #325, Gunslinger #3, and King Spawn #5 can be seen on McFarlane.com.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    So to continue a discussion I started here before, regarding starting from #1, does anyone have any thoughts on it before I actually continue?
    With the release of the second Collection this week (issues 51-100), it’s a pretty good tune to start on your adventure. I pulled out the first collection again last night, (issues 1-50) along with the Angela, Violator, and Bloodfued mini, to do a straight read through myself again. In all honestly, the first 100 issues read pretty good, even though it only feels like it only touches one year of Al being revived as Spawn. A lot to happen to Al within the Span of one, maybe two years of his Resurrection as Spawn.

These Collections are a godsend, that way I don’t have to pull out individual issues again (except for the Violator mini and Bloodfued, as I don’t think they were ever collected into trade).
    Last edited by Blanks; 12-15-2021 at 06:02 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    I can see that. Some points, like the newscaster stuff, can be referential at points to stuff going on in the real world at that point in time too.

Caught up on the November Spawn issues and definitely a better month.

King Spawn continues to be the best of the three books currently, at least imo, as we get a wrap up of the Kincaid portion of the story that transitions to the Greenworld coming back and how Gaia aka Mother Earth will be fighting back soon and I think the idea of humans dying and going nowhere because the doors to Heaven & Hell are closed is something I hope the series tackles as that can be interesting. Not sure how I feel about Jessica Priest using a child with a Master Chief/Doomslayer size gun as cover fire for her to take down some regular dudes which is the only part of the issue that I felt was hard to believe especially when Medieval shows up that somehow two Spawns would struggle in that situation and then Al shows up and takes everyone out in seconds. The ending of the issue does make me worry that a certain character could be coming back, but we'll see and overall a good issue with solid art.

The main book sees Rory McConville take over full writing duties for the issue, and the next, and its a solid table setting issue that sees Jim Downing and Marc Rosen reunite on page since Spawn 250. Good conversation between the two touching on Al and Medieval Spawn when they get attacked by angels hired by the Vatican to get Medieval Spawn back. Good action here that leads to an interesting conversation between Medieval and Jim where we learn a little bit more on Medieval and the issue ends with Al being confronted by the New Redeemer and we'll see what happens with that in the next issue. Went by quick, but made me intrigued to see what happens next.

Gunslinger is the only one that I'm still waiting to grab me, but of course its early days with the second issue. Picks up right where the 1st issue left off with a big fight between Gunslinger and some angels that reveals a bit about Taylor's, seemingly Gunslinger's human sidekick, father that then ends with some actual toilet humor. I had a feeling that the goofyness in the 1st issue was purposeful, but it just feels weird to go from a big battle, to a moment for Taylor to decide if he'll stick with Gunslinger or not, and then the toiler stuff. Hopefully things pick up with the next issue.

Previews for The Scorched #1, Spawn #325, Gunslinger #3, and King Spawn #5 can be seen on McFarlane.com.
    King spawn #5

Yeah disruptor’s true identity is revealed

Incredible Member

I scored a copy of Spawn 313 autographed by Capullo today. It’s like, number 55 out of 120 signed copies, with the certificate of authenticity with it.

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    Not necessarily just real world stuff, but, more so, speaking directly to the reader.

Mighty Member

Gunslinger spawn 3 is out now.

The first issue refers to "Youngblood Agents", but does not seem to have anything to do with the comic line of the same name.
    That can't be a coincidence, though.

Mighty Member

Spawn 325 is out now