Page 125 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126 LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 1881

Thread: Spawn

I agree about King Spawn being a slow boring couple of issues but I really enjoyed both Gunslinger and Case Files.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Eh Gunsligner from others is mixed but more positive I guess it is not your thing. Overtkill was also alive in the previews with a female haunt so you think old villain will stay dead was kinda wrong and Sam and twitch was enjoyable for some I guess it is just you and blanks along with a few others here. I think you guys just need to re read it. Deadly tales is coming as a prequel series to gunslinger alogn with medieval spawn,focus and monolith about being their new origins.

Plus she-spawn,spawn 77,violator,spawn kills every spawn,bloodletter,and knights be samurai
    I've been enjoying Gunslinger for the most part. I do feel that of late it has been spinning its wheels a bit, but hoping that now that we are past Spawn #350 that things pickup.

I also noticed the new angel that resemble Angela. I am surprised that Todd never did spite Gaiman and even create another character that looked similar to Angela and named her Angelic or Angelica as her twin sister, then just continue on with the character as if it were Angela with some changes. Nothing that Gaiman could do at that point.

I also noticed the new angel that resemble Angela. I am surprised that Todd never did spite Gaiman and even create another character that looked similar to Angela and named her Angelic or Angelica as her twin sister, then just continue on with the character as if it were Angela with some changes. Nothing that Gaiman could do at that point.
    There have been tons of lawsuits in comics over characters being too similar to a character another company owns.

Liefeld was once stopped from using an original character he created to finish off his leftover Captain America scripts. Instead, Rob ended up buying the rights to an actual WWII era super patriot character and even then there were restrictions placed on him by Marvel.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    There have been tons of lawsuits in comics over characters being too similar to a character another company owns.

Liefeld was once stopped from using an original character he created to finish off his leftover Captain America scripts. Instead, Rob ended up buying the rights to an actual WWII era super patriot character and even then there were restrictions placed on him by Marvel.
    Funny that is rob sold youngblood to scammers alogn with chapel forcing Todd to bring Jessica as Al’s killer and then turn her into she-spawn and gave us frank bishop in scorched and that new angel from spawn 351 is clearly a homage to angela

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

I the restrictions were by the court, not marvel. And it was that Fighting American can weild a shield but can't throw it.

Mighty Member

Rat city and scorched 28 now out

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Rat city and scorched 28 now out
    Read Rat city, and it was pretty good, like when they mix sci-fi elements with the supernatural.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Read Rat city, and it was pretty good, like when they mix sci-fi elements with the supernatural.
    Yep can't wait to see how it goes

Mighty Member

Loving the new storyline in Scorched.

Fantastic Member

Well, Rat City #1 is doing so well that Image did a press release said that the first issue has sold out completely at the distributor level and the first issue is being fast-tracked for a reprint which is fantastic to hear - https://imagecomics.com/press-releas...pages-revealed

Looking forward to getting my hands on this.

hasn't every book that Image has ever published sold out at the distributor? lol

Mighty Member

Now spawn 352 is gonna show us who the red head angel is and Sam and twitch 2nd issue is coming too

Enjoyed Rat City quite a bit and Scorched is great. Made sure to put all the Spawn books on my pulllist cause my store only puts like one copy on the shelves
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    hasn't every book that Image has ever published sold out at the distributor? lol
    I don't believe so necessarily. Issue #1 of Rat City, all three Ghost Machine books, The One Hand, Cobra Commander, and Moon Man have gotten that press release from Image this year so far. But in that same time frame books like Six Fingers (attached to The One Hand), Remender's Napalm Lullaby, Sam & Twitch Case Files and many other books that launched haven't. Not to say that is a bad thing not getting that news as comic sales are relative, but it's at least something to see what is catching on seemingly. In the case of Rat City, they have been pushing that a lot compared to other New U books, even Todd's own Sam & Twitch book which I find interesting, and it seems to have paid off which is great for a book that really hasn't been setup previously in the other books like say Gunslinger was, a brand new team, and feels really fresh compared to what is currently out with its sort of Batman Beyond future like setting.
    Last edited by HellsRider; 04-14-2024 at 11:18 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    Not at all actually. Issue #1 of Rat City, all three Ghost Machine books, The One Hand, Cobra Commander, and Moon Man have gotten that press release from Image this year so far. But in that same time frame books like Six Fingers (attached to The One Hand), Remender's Napalm Lullaby, Sam & Twitch Case Files and many other books that launched haven't. Not to say that is a bad thing not getting that news as comic sales are relative, but it's at least something to see what is catching on seemingly. In the case of Rat City, they have been pushing that a lot compared to other New U books, even Todd's own Sam & Twitch book which I find interesting, and it seems to have paid off which is great for a book that really hasn't been setup previously in the other books like say Gunslinger was, a brand new team, and feels really fresh compared to what is currently out with its sort of Batman Beyond future like setting.
    And spider-man 2099 mixed. Erica did say this series is also based on cyberpunk and bladerunner