Page 119 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 1879

Thread: Spawn

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by captainzombie View Post
    Yup, appeared in GS. Is Focus getting his own series too? That seems a bit too premature.
    He only got three issues in gs nothing wrong with him getting his own book to learn more about him

Incredible Member

Yup, appeared in GS. Is Focus getting his own series too? That seems a bit too premature.
    Agreed. Not every character is deserving of an ongoing. A one-shot to test the waters, yes. On-going? No. It’d be like the Cygor series from years ago; canned 6 issues in.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    Agreed. Not every character is deserving of an ongoing. A one-shot to test the waters, yes. On-going? No. It’d be like the Cygor series from years ago; canned 6 issues in.
    They aren't one shots most of them are mini series or ongoings series.

Mighty Member

So, Al's getting a costume makeover.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    So, Al's getting a costume makeover.
    I don't think this is Al, but someone in the future.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/spaw...-future-spawn/
    I always wanted a more scifi book from the Spawnverse, so I will check out Rat city for sure.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    I always wanted a more scifi book from the Spawnverse, so I will check out Rat city for sure.
    That is Peter cairn the protagonist of rat city set in the future

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

So now do we know if there is news on Spawn Origins Deluxe Edition volume 7 or not?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    I googled the characters last name, “Cairn” and Cairn is a masculine name with Scottish roots. Translating to “mound of rocks”. This name refers to traditional, hand-stacked rock piles that were used as monuments of beacons.

I wonder if Rat City is gonna be like a “Spawn meets Akira” type of vibe. If so, this may be one of the few books announced that I may check out from what was announced.

Mighty Member

I googled the characters last name, “Cairn” and Cairn is a masculine name with Scottish roots. Translating to “mound of rocks”. This name refers to traditional, hand-stacked rock piles that were used as monuments of beacons.

I wonder if Rat City is gonna be like a “Spawn meets Akira” type of vibe. If so, this may be one of the few books announced that I may check out from what was announced.
    Also first ever female writer. There is also new gunslinger series where Gunsligner is warped back into civil war along with no home here and violator along with medevial spawn

It's like what Marvel does with the symbiotes as an example. They will give them several limited series, which at times, nobody is even asking for. It drives me nuts since I am a fan of Venom and all symbiotes, but can be overkill. That is what I worry about here since Focus is getting a series now and not sure if people are ready for one. Guess we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    They aren't one shots most of them are mini series or ongoings series.
    I am happy for a new Gunslinger series, but the more I keep thinking about this is if the new series is going back in time where GS is teleported to the past.......then how is the current running series going to continue on? I just hope that Todd doesn't screw this up as they have something so good going with GS.

Incredible Member

It's like what Marvel does with the symbiotes as an example. They will give them several limited series, which at times, nobody is even asking for. It drives me nuts since I am a fan of Venom and all symbiotes, but can be overkill. That is what I worry about here since Focus is getting a series now and not sure if people are ready for one. Guess we will see.

I am happy for a new Gunslinger series, but the more I keep thinking about this is if the new series is going back in.
    Feels like Todd just throwing crap to the wall to see what sticks, lol. All these new announcements, aside from Misery and a new Sam and Twich, I’m like, ehhhhhh. I’m like, I’m excited to see how they will fit in this new “landscape” Al is in. Since forever, aside from the supernatural side of things and the Curse, Cygor and Overtkill, the Spawn lore stayed rather set in “real life” to a degree after all the other Image partners broke away to do their own continuities.

With this new large war between the big three; The Green, Heaven and Hell, it’s interesting to see if and how the normal human populace deals with any major dramatic shift in their world, since Al wanted to expose all the supernatural parties.

Gunslinger; I’m actually hoping the book as it is; ENDS, if they send him back to the past. Just for my own personal reasons, lol.

My collection is getting out of hand, I’m running out of space, and for the first time EVER I am considering dropping Spawn entirely and only buying trades/omnibus for any series outside of the main book.
    Last edited by Blanks; 10-25-2023 at 11:55 AM.

I hate when creators do that and it seems like Todd is just going way too overboard with the Spawn titles. It is getting to Batman levels of titles per month, even if some are a limited series. Honestly he should have just kept it to Spawn, Gunslinger Spawn and The Scorched. As for the new titles, just add a She-Spawn, Sam and Twitch books, and maybe try one of the other titles too to see if they work. Like you said, it is getting to be tough with our collections and at some point you have to make some decisions on what to do with some of these books.

Incredible Member

I’ve already dropped all my Marvel titles and only am buying Spawn and Sonic the Hedgehog. And I’m one of those buyers where I get sucked in to supporting my Local Comic Shop when they throw all the variants in my box, lol. And every Spawn title has been like having three variants for each issue? What happened to the days when variants were special for anniversary issues or a major milestone?

With Spawn, the varient covers on every book have gotten annoying, and I have actually bought a title several times, forgetting I already had it due to multiple covers.i already put my foot down and told my local Comic shop that after Spawn 350 I don’t want any more variant covers, and honestly, I am thinking of just keeping Spawn, King Spawn and Scorched as the titles to collect and everything else as trade at this point but that may change when I actually get that fresh issue 1 in hand.

I just also trimmed down my pull list. Both on the Marvel and DC side it just appears like there is just a lot of junk titles. On the Marvel side I primarily am picking up ASM, Miles, Venom and the High Republic. Out of all those titles, the only book that is consistent and written well is Miles. On the DC side I've mainly stuck with the main Batman titles and at times some of the Black Label Batman books.

With Image, I've stuck with Transformers, Void Rivals, and the Spawn books. Today I decided to drop King Spawn as I haven't been feeling that title and plan to stick with Spawn, Gun Slinger, and Scorched. I agree with you on the variants, it has been getting out of control across the board all the publishers and both BOOM and Dynamite are the worst offenders. Gunslinger is the only title of the Spawn books where I get all of the books for each issue as he is my favorite hell Spawn. I hate it when they also release all of these sketch variant covers of the existing main covers.

Mighty Member

Gunslinger 25 and spawn 346 are now out