Page 64 of 124 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast

Thread: Spawn

Mighty Member

I miss Angela in the spawn comics. Also 304 is coming on December

Mighty Member

Did Haunt and Spawn officially meet in Spawn's book, or was Haunt just a back-up feature in the Spawn book to finish up the storyline in the cancelled Haunt solo series?
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Did Haunt and Spawn officially meet in Spawn's book, or was Haunt just a back-up feature in the Spawn book to finish up the storyline in the cancelled Haunt solo series?
    Well haunt did appear after his solo series and shows up in the Spawn comics as a supporting character now although he has yet to return

Mighty Member

You know Everyone wonders who was Spawn's archenemy We had four contenders like Violator,Jason Wynn,Malebolgia,and Redeemer since the first three were apart of his origins and were the most prominent while the latter was essentially Heaven's anti-Spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    They met as part of Spawns storyline. It followed on in no way from Haunts lingering plot threads, was pretty inconsequential all around and he disappeared as fast as he was introduced, and hasn't been seen since.

Mighty Member

I wonder if Spawn would mainstream again we would get more video game adaptions?

Fantastic Member

Issue 123 - Salvation Road Part III - The issue begins with Wanda/Terry getting a call that Al is alive and Wanda sobs wishing that Al would leave them alone and for to never have been born. We then cut to what the majority of the issue is about - Al with a new friend in Nyx, a Wiccan. Al can't remember much about himself, but accepts Nyx's help to figuring things out. They go back to Nyx's place where Al is placed under a spell where he can't speak and Nyx is about to drive a rather large dagger into him ending the issue. We get a small piece with Jason Wynn getting questioned about Al when, with assistance by Clown, asserts the power he has by knowing what he knows.

Salvation Road is the arc after A Season In Hell and introduces Nyx. The point of the arc is for us to know Al as a human removed from all the pains of being Spawn, though he remembers something about it in his dreams, and his former life as a military operative. The nagging feeling of the symbiote looking to reconnect with its host does permeate the issue and arc as we slowly see it slithering to Nyx/Al. Nyx has the air of mystery about her which we'll learn later more about her, but I think they do a decent enough job of introducing her and being a part of the Spawn mythos. The Jason/Clown bit we'll soon learn will lead to another arc storyline coming soon. Its a decent enough issue, but feel that more could have been done to move things along as the whole Clown being an angel/devil for Jason kinda meh.

Fantastic Member

Issue 139 - Hellbound Part 1 - The issue is entirely from the viewpoint of Nyx who goes over what has happened and what she must do - while the city was plunged into darkness at the hands of the Clown, Nyx was in a conversation with Mammon and finds out he damned her friend, Thea, to Hell. She can only save either Al or Thea, but Nyx believes she can save Thea and not damn Al. Al is at a hospital where some government suits appear questioning the staff about Al. Nyx performs a ritual that summons a lord of Hell in the form of a fly and makes a bargain for safe passage for herself and one other of her choosing to Hell. She then performs a ritual that takes the strand that binds Al to Nyx and is able to take on the power of the Hellspawn. She enters Hell and has no idea where her friend could possibly be.

This Nyx focused arc I enjoyed. We get a different glimpse of Hell and the art change from Medina to Jones is a good one. I feel that Medina, at times, can make the series look cartoony where it is this dark series especially coming from Capullo. The last few pages here, done by Jones, on the other hand I found excellent and appropriate for the series. The sweeping under the rug of the Clown attack is something I didn't like even though we later find out what the goal was. Nyx is put in a position of being between a rock and a hard place and we'd later find out the result of her actions which would sideline her until after the Armageddon arc. A decent issue and start for the new arc.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    Issue 139 - Hellbound Part 1 - The issue is entirely from the viewpoint of Nyx who goes over what has happened and what she must do - while the city was plunged into darkness at the hands of the Clown, Nyx was in a conversation with Mammon and finds out he damned her friend, Thea, to Hell. She can only save either Al or Thea, but Nyx believes she can save Thea and not damn Al. Al is at a hospital where some government suits appear questioning the staff about Al. Nyx performs a ritual that summons a lord of Hell in the form of a fly and makes a bargain for safe passage for herself and one other of her choosing to Hell. She then performs a ritual that takes the strand that binds Al to Nyx and is able to take on the power of the Hellspawn. She enters Hell and has no idea where her friend could possibly be.

This Nyx focused arc I enjoyed. We get a different glimpse of Hell and the art change from Medina to Jones is a good one. I feel that Medina, at times, can make the series look cartoony where it is this dark series especially coming from Capullo. The last few pages here, done by Jones, on the other hand I found excellent and appropriate for the series. The sweeping under the rug of the Clown attack is something I didn't like even though we later find out what the goal was. Nyx is put in a position of being between a rock and a hard place and we'd later find out the result of her actions which would sideline her until after the Armageddon arc. A decent issue and start for the new arc.
    Yeah Nyx beocming she-spawn was cool and manages to bring back Eddie Frank the redeemer but she was forced to kill Thea making her quest to get her out of hell senless Mammon was defeated for good in 184 and Morana was gone forever too thanks to ressurection.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Well haunt did appear after his solo series and shows up in the Spawn comics as a supporting character now although he has yet to return
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    They met as part of Spawns storyline. It followed on in no way from Haunts lingering plot threads, was pretty inconsequential all around and he disappeared as fast as he was introduced, and hasn't been seen since.
    Thanks guys!

Mighty Member

Malebolgia,Mammon,and Satan were the big bads for the long running franchise so who is gonna be next? Probably Urizen since he is older than Heaven and Hell.

I had no idea Spawn is this powerful:

Netherrealm also make a game where Harley Quinn can punch Superman to death. I dont think they are bothered about power levels.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Netherrealm also make a game where Harley Quinn can punch Superman to death. I dont think they are bothered about power levels.
    Mother of Existence is still canon as of Spawn 297 but it also states that Al and Wanda never had kids thanks recaping Spawn Ressurection and Satan wars. Also Violator was the one who killed Wanda.