Page 107 of 126 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1877

Thread: Spawn

Fantastic Member

Well I mean Disruptor simply tells Al in King Spawn #14 that Gaia agrees to hand over the body but a) its Jason Wynn who will tell Al what he wants to hear and he specifically states to Al that Al needs to bring Wanda's soul first which is locked behind a Dead Zone which is the main goal of the Court to get those opened and b) its was established in issue #9 that Azrael has the rights to Wanda's body since he brought Wanda to the Greenworld so how Disruptor gets around that or its BS on Disruptor's part that he was able to negotiate we'll have to wait and see.

The shadow man is certainly Clown at this point, but who this new King is will be interesting to see. I hope its not Malebolgia, but wouldn't be surprised if it is. I would say towards the latter half of Satan Saga Wars, Al was playing everyone but before that during the short-lived Jenkins run that was certainly not the case and for sure after that it wasn't the case after Satan Saga Wars with the apartment stuff with Savage Dragon/Ant crossover that didn't go anywhere, the war on drugs and the intro to Soul Crusher that didn't go anywhere and mostly just pushed Al to protect Cyan elsewhere, and the Dark Horror arc where Al basically had his plan on protecting Cyan blow up in his face and now Cyan is who knows where with her power as Misery if that will ever be revisited now 4 years after the fact. That 283 - 300/301 stint definitely felt like a sustained and concentrated effort by Al to control everyone and where he wants them to be to the point that he admits to Marc and Jessica in that he was supposed to die in the symbiote explosion though in a small way he didn't foresee them having the ability to shut down his powers with the skull mask they put on him. Touch and go is more or less what it is especially now.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    Well I mean Disruptor simply tells Al in King Spawn #14 that Gaia agrees to hand over the body but a) its Jason Wynn who will tell Al what he wants to hear and he specifically states to Al that Al needs to bring Wanda's soul first which is locked behind a Dead Zone which is the main goal of the Court to get those opened and b) its was established in issue #9 that Azrael has the rights to Wanda's body since he brought Wanda to the Greenworld so how Disruptor gets around that or its BS on Disruptor's part that he was able to negotiate we'll have to wait and see.

The shadow man is certainly Clown at this point, but who this new King is will be interesting to see. I hope its not Malebolgia, but wouldn't be surprised if it is. I would say towards the latter half of Satan Saga Wars, Al was playing everyone but before that during the short-lived Jenkins run that was certainly not the case and for sure after that it wasn't the case after Satan Saga Wars with the apartment stuff with Savage Dragon/Ant crossover that didn't go anywhere, the war on drugs and the intro to Soul Crusher that didn't go anywhere and mostly just pushed Al to protect Cyan elsewhere, and the Dark Horror arc where Al basically had his plan on protecting Cyan blow up in his face and now Cyan is who knows where with her power as Misery if that will ever be revisited now 4 years after the fact. That 283 - 300/301 stint definitely felt like a sustained and concentrated effort by Al to control everyone and where he wants them to be to the point that he admits to Marc and Jessica in that he was supposed to die in the symbiote explosion though in a small way he didn't foresee them having the ability to shut down his powers with the skull mask they put on him. Touch and go is more or less what it is especially now.
    I mean come on too be fair al probably teleported wynn and why we got wynn back and let’s be real malebolgia has been teased to come back hellrider even mammon and morana came back like violator is likely comes back almost all the time why not? Also Gunsligner spawn 12 is also out

Mighty Member

Also what your guys favorite Hellspawn and villain?
    Also thoughts on spawn figures now?
    Last edited by Toxin45; 09-21-2022 at 04:43 PM.

Mighty Member

The scorched 10 is out k the buyer is curse

Mighty Member

Good issue. Poor Soulcrusher.

Fantastic Member

So after delaying the news by an extra day, we have Todd's big announcement regarding the Spawn movie which is that it has found new writers in Scott Silver, Malcolm Spellman and Matt Mixon. Jamie Foxx is still attached to the project to be Spawn while Jeremy Renner who was supposed to play Twitch is up in the air depending on how things come together with the new draft. The final piece of news is that Todd, who wrote a previous draft of the script, and had been eyeing to be the director of the film is looking to take a step back given the new writing team saying - "If we’ve got an A-list actor, A-list producers, A-list writers, then do you want to shoot for A-list directors, A-list cinematographers?” The answer is, ‘Of course.’ Let’s keep the momentum going.”

The entire story can be viewed here - https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...xx-1235232458/

Overall, glad we got some movement on the project given it has been in Blumhouse since 2017. With respect to the new writing team, Scott Silver co-wrote Joker and The Fighter which I enjoyed those films and he also wrote 8 Mile, Malcolm Spellman was executive producer and wrote for The Falcon & Winter Soldier show which I thought was the weakest of the 3 Marvel shows I've seen so far (the others being Wandavision and season 1 of Loki) but I thought it was still decent if rushed and could have explored a lot more along with having done Bel-Air and Empire, and Matt Mixon has written 2 shorts and a documentary so I'm unfamiliar with him. An interesting group though that hopefully can keep things going. However, I can't believe it took Todd 5 years to realize he should not be directing this having no movie directing experience under him along with the countless things he has going on from the books, the toys, and other collaborations. Given the plethora of amazing directors, especially in the horror genre just looking at this year alone, he really should have realized that a long time ago. Definitely, he should have a seat at the table, but trying to get a David Bruckner, Mike Flanagan, James Wan, etc... that are well known in the horror genre while still doing solid action (and I believe will have respect for the character and franchise) I think should have been the plan from the start. Hopefully, they'll get someone good.

Mighty Member

King spawn 15 is out now

Incredible Member

Just picked up the Spawn: Omega TPB, and re-read those issues. It really annoys me on how Al is so disinterested in how Nyx, his former lover is dead or how she died, but more annoyingly so that we the readers are never given any insight on how Priest and Nyx met and became friends. I’m gonna go back and re-read old issues again, post Armageddon to see if I missed any key details about that. I should learn by now, after all these years to just give up on a fluid continuity when it comes to Spawn.

King Spawn, which was for the moment my favorite book for a while, reads like a jumbled mess the last few issues. I decided last night that I’ll pull the entire issues out and re-read them in order to see if it flows better.

The thing about Spawn now, is that the story reads better in a trade setting rather than month to month floppies, which wasn’t the case before.
    Last edited by Blanks; 10-06-2022 at 12:20 PM.

Incredible Member

So after delaying the news by an extra day, we have Todd's big announcement regarding the Spawn movie which is that it has found new writers in Scott Silver, Malcolm Spellman and Matt Mixon. Jamie Foxx is still attached to the project to be Spawn while Jeremy Renner who was supposed to play Twitch is up in the air depending on how things come together with the new draft. The final piece of news is that Todd, who wrote a previous draft of the script, and had been eyeing to be the director of the film is looking to take a step back given the new writing team saying - "If we’ve got an A-list actor, A-list producers, A-list writers, then do you want to shoot for A-list directors, A-list cinematographers?” The answer is, ‘Of course.’ Let’s keep the momentum going.”

The entire story can be viewed here - https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...xx-1235232458/

Overall, glad we got some movement on the project given it has been in Blumhouse since 2017. With respect to the new writing team, Scott Silver co-wrote Joker and The Fighter which I enjoyed those films and he also wrote 8 Mile, Malcolm Spellman was executive producer and wrote for The Falcon & Winter Soldier show which I thought was the weakest of the 3 Marvel shows I've seen so far (the others being Wandavision and season 1 of Loki) but I thought it was still decent if rushed and could have explored a lot more along with having done Bel-Air and Empire, and Matt Mixon has written 2 shorts and a documentary so I'm unfamiliar with him. An interesting group though that hopefully can keep things going. However, I can't believe it took Todd 5 years to realize he should not be directing this having no movie directing experience under him along with the countless things he has going on from the books, the toys, and other collaborations. Given the plethora of amazing directors, especially in the horror genre just looking at this year alone, he really should have realized that a long time ago. Definitely, he should have a seat at the table, but trying to get a David Bruckner, Mike Flanagan, James Wan, etc... that are well known in the horror genre while still doing solid action (and I believe will have respect for the character and franchise) I think should have been the plan from the start. Hopefully, they'll get someone good.
    Todd wanted so bad to direct a Spawn movie himself. He should have thought small, like a 6 episode Sam and Twitch series, make a deal with Netflix where he can “assist” a real direction, and maybe be able to direct one episode himself, to get that Director itch of his scratched. Maybe then, after that, other big Hollywood types may have felt comfortable with giving him some dough for a Spawn movie.

Crazy thing is, being a comic artist and writer is very much like being a movie director. In many ways, but alas… Hollywood doesn’t see it like that.

Honestly, at this rate, I’d rather see an Animated movie, rather than live action.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    Just picked up the Spawn: Omega TPB, and re-read those issues. It really annoys me on how Al is so disinterested in how Nyx, his former lover is dead or how she died, but more annoyingly so that we the readers are never given any insight on how Priest and Nyx met and became friends. I’m gonna go back and re-read old issues again, post Armageddon to see if I missed any key details about that. I should learn by now, after all these years to just give up on a fluid continuity when it comes to Spawn.

King Spawn, which was for the moment my favorite book for a while, reads like a jumbled mess the last few issues. I decided last night that I’ll pull the entire issues out and re-read them in order to see if it flows better.

The thing about Spawn now, is that the story reads better in a trade setting rather than month to month floppies, which wasn’t the case before.
    King spawn 14 spawning grounds does mention that king spawn,scorched,and main series takes place in the same universe thought not nessesarly at the same time Gunsligner is a bit behind since the first 10 issues before scorched 1. Now 11 onward is still after issue 1 but before issue 2

Also try the compendiums to rereading them like the 4th coming out on December and the 5th compendium will have spawn resurrection one shot alongside 201-250 in it and the 6th will have 251-300 so you can enjoy re reading them from scratch.
    Last edited by Toxin45; 10-06-2022 at 02:02 PM.

Mighty Member

Todd wanted so bad to direct a Spawn movie himself. He should have thought small, like a 6 episode Sam and Twitch series, make a deal with Netflix where he can “assist” a real direction, and maybe be able to direct one episode himself, to get that Director itch of his scratched. Maybe then, after that, other big Hollywood types may have felt comfortable with giving him some dough for a Spawn movie.

Crazy thing is, being a comic artist and writer is very much like being a movie director. In many ways, but alas… Hollywood doesn’t see it like that.

Honestly, at this rate, I’d rather see an Animated movie, rather than live action.
    He just needs to find the right one to direct a superhero supernatural action horror film and a good cast
    Last edited by Toxin45; 10-06-2022 at 02:27 PM.

Mighty Member

Also new spawn figures of medieval spawn,monolith,and sinn are coming. Along with 3 inch punchers of spawn,anti-spawn,Gunsligner spawn,and augur.

Also king spider,plague spawn,Sam and twitch two pack,nightmare spawn,and omega spawn figures coming in November

Fantastic Member

Yeah, I remember a while back that a live-action Sam & Twitch police procedural series was planned for BBC but that got canceled. I do agree that Todd probably could have gotten off the ground either a street-level series like Sam & Twitch if it had to be something live-action and have Todd direct an episode as you said or an animated series like the HBO one back in the day. I see something like say Cyberpunk Edgerunners that reignited interest in that game or the live-action The Witcher series that did the same and just wonder if Todd is missing a boat by focusing so much on a live-action film. For me, an adult animated series would be a great return for Spawn and things like Arcane, Invincible, Supercrooks (which was way better than the live-action Jupiter Legacy series) and others show that a market is out there for adult-oriented animated series and folks will give it a chance if it is quality.

I feel the same on the current arc of King Spawn not grabbing me as much as the previous two. It may read better together once the arc is over and read the whole thing in one shot. I also agree about the Nyx & Jessica relationship not being delved into at all sucks and trust me you are not missing much by going back. Its simply Jessica shows up, finds Nyx's dead body as she was killed by Cog, and tries to use a spellbook to save her only the book turns Jessica into She-Spawn and that is about it. Jessica tells Al about this and he feels bad for about a minute and then moves on. Maybe the current Sinn arc in the main book can touch on Cog killing Nyx, but I doubt it. I'm getting similar vibes with the relationship between Haunt and Jessica which both the main book and Scorched recently touched on, but they have never met on page before to even suggest they have history.

Mighty Member

Yeah, I remember a while back that a live-action Sam & Twitch police procedural series was planned for BBC but that got canceled. I do agree that Todd probably could have gotten off the ground either a street-level series like Sam & Twitch if it had to be something live-action and have Todd direct an episode as you said or an animated series like the HBO one back in the day. I see something like say Cyberpunk Edgerunners that reignited interest in that game or the live-action The Witcher series that did the same and just wonder if Todd is missing a boat by focusing so much on a live-action film. For me, an adult animated series would be a great return for Spawn and things like Arcane, Invincible, Supercrooks (which was way better than the live-action Jupiter Legacy series) and others show that a market is out there for adult-oriented animated series and folks will give it a chance if it is quality.

I feel the same on the current arc of King Spawn not grabbing me as much as the previous two. It may read better together once the arc is over and read the whole thing in one shot. I also agree about the Nyx & Jessica relationship not being delved into at all sucks and trust me you are not missing much by going back. Its simply Jessica shows up, finds Nyx's dead body as she was killed by Cog, and tries to use a spellbook to save her only the book turns Jessica into She-Spawn and that is about it. Jessica tells Al about this and he feels bad for about a minute and then moves on. Maybe the current Sinn arc in the main book can touch on Cog killing Nyx, but I doubt it. I'm getting similar vibes with the relationship between Haunt and Jessica which both the main book and Scorched recently touched on, but they have never met on page before to even suggest they have history.
    You mean third volume of king spawn? Anyways besides that like Todd wants a live action movie first cuz that is a thing for most of Hollywood comic book movies these days and wants to make two animated adaptions of spawn one for adults and the others for kinds then 6 tv shows

Fantastic Member

An interesting conversation that Todd had with CBR here regarding the movie:

What sticks to me is this quote from that video -
    Is there a natural progression [discussing a potential Spawn Cinematic Universe] that could go on into Hollywood? The answer is yes...so long as we can launch Spawn out of the gate to start with right. Because if that sort of doesn't do what we want it becomes a little more difficult to say hey we got a bunch of other things right behind that. If Spawn does what we all hope *fingers crossed* then yes it becomes easier to pull all those other ideas along with TV and animation.
    He isn't wrong in thinking that, but I just find it interesting that all of the eggs are being put in the live-action movie basket with regards to Spawn in other mediums when 2 years ago you had Spawn appear in MK11 with Keith David returning to voice the character which fans have wanted that character for the longest time and then last year Spawn the Animated series was added to HBO Max and I think the interest was there in those instances. I wonder if Todd has had conversations with the studios that say did the recent Mortal Kombat animated movies (which admittedly aren't great imo though haven't seen the newest one that just released) or the Invincible guys to do something there to diversify the projects and for another if the live-action story still has the original pitch that Todd wants which is a story that isn't even about Spawn but about Twitch and have Spawn be this boogeyman that shows up which I'm not sure if folks want that but guess we'll see once things really get going.
    Last edited by HellsRider; 10-09-2022 at 07:33 AM.