Page 89 of 125 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1875

Thread: Spawn

Mighty Member

With invincible cartoon series success I think spawn should get another animated series

Still love the animation from the 90's version...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    With invincible cartoon series success I think spawn should get another animated series
    Absolutely, agreed and co-signed!

Mighty Member

So what are your thoughts on Spawn Universe #1 and the upcoming spin offs?

If u had to make 3 spin offs series from Spawn, what would they be?

Mighty Member

Not read it yet, but it's at the top of my reading list.

Honestly, I'll just relaunch the whole thing. Set it 5-10 years afterwards, start with a 5 issue mini series where Spawn has been missing for 5 years. Cyan is trying to find him and during this time, Jim comes back. More Spawns show up and it ends with Al coming back.
    Then you'd have the main Spawn book which follows Al.
    A book about Cyan and her adventures.
    A team book with Jim as the lead.
    And of course Gunslinger Spawn because he is kinda cool.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    Not read it yet, but it's at the top of my reading list.

Honestly, I'll just relaunch the whole thing. Set it 5-10 years afterwards, start with a 5 issue mini series where Spawn has been missing for 5 years. Cyan is trying to find him and during this time, Jim comes back. More Spawns show up and it ends with Al coming back.
    Then you'd have the main Spawn book which follows Al.
    A book about Cyan and her adventures.
    A team book with Jim as the lead.
    And of course Gunslinger Spawn because he is kinda cool.
    I heard that misery and Sam and twitch are getting their own series in development the scored and gunslinger spawn are kinda like what you thought
    Last edited by Toxin45; 06-29-2021 at 11:23 AM.

Incredible Member

I would relaunch Haunt but recast the book following Al’s two brothers, Marc and Richard, Marc as the host and Richard as the Spirit (since he is dead) to create a new Haunt.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    I would relaunch Haunt but recast the book following Al’s two brothers, Marc and Richard, Marc as the host and Richard as the Spirit (since he is dead) to create a new Haunt.
    Well actually the original haunt was on one of the variant covers of the spawn's unvierse covers.

Mighty Member

Spawn 319 is out now soul crusher is back along with sam

I love how the interview with Todd McFarlane in the back of Spawn #319 - he basically admits he has no plan whatsoever and writes each issue on a whim. Its really not difficult for us readers to see this Todd - its blatantly obvious. The book has been utter nonsense for years now. Hire a freaking writer already.

I liked that old Cog showed back up in Spawn Universe #1 - probably my favorite character in the history of this book. Too bad it was ruined by issue's end when apparently hes now turned into a green power suit Lex Luthor knockoff with wings. haha cant make up this stuff. So so awful.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    I love how the interview with Todd McFarlane in the back of Spawn #319 - he basically admits he has no plan whatsoever and writes each issue on a whim. Its really not difficult for us readers to see this Todd - its blatantly obvious. The book has been utter nonsense for years now. Hire a freaking writer already.

I liked that old Cog showed back up in Spawn Universe #1 - probably my favorite character in the history of this book. Too bad it was ruined by issue's end when apparently hes now turned into a green power suit Lex Luthor knockoff with wings. haha cant make up this stuff. So so awful.
    I'm okay with the nonsense as long as it looks cool. I'm hoping some of the other Spawn titles fill the gap that Cates' Venom has left. Saying that, it's telling that the best periods of the book are when Todd isn't on it. I'm okay with him getting a writer and going through a bigger story with him. May Todd should just stick to toys and covers for the time being.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I'm okay with the nonsense as long as it looks cool. I'm hoping some of the other Spawn titles fill the gap that Cates' Venom has left. Saying that, it's telling that the best periods of the book are when Todd isn't on it. I'm okay with him getting a writer and going through a bigger story with him. May Todd should just stick to toys and covers for the time being.
    I mean Todd did hire writers to expand the spawnverse I get that most people liked the first 100 issues or Armageddon but that is about it most people didn’t like the downing arc either so I guess Todd needs some new writers and artists this time to expand the spawn verse
    Last edited by Toxin45; 07-06-2021 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    So what are your thoughts on Spawn Universe #1 and the upcoming spin offs?

If u had to make 3 spin offs series from Spawn, what would they be?
    I know he may show up in the team book, but I would like a Redeemer book that shows us Heavens side of the war.
    Also an Overtkill, series that focuses on the scifi side of the Spawnverse.

I finally collected and read the Spawn Blood Feud and Violator minis by Alan Moore. Blood Feud is one of the better Spawn stories ive ever read. Shows you what could be done with the character in the hands of a good writer.

Ive only collected the main Spawn series all these years and I remember K-7 Leetha was mentioned out of the blue around issue 200 I had no clue where that even came from. I never knew Spawn's suit was named, introduced, and detailed in this Blood Feud mini series from 1995. Makes me wonder what else ive missed skipping all of the mini series. I always wanted to read Bendis' Sam and Twitch.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Mighty Member

I find it weird that People are saying these are the first Spawn On-goings since the original Spawn when we had a load of Spawn titles in the 90's.