Page 123 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126 LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 1879

Thread: Spawn

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    If Cog/Sinn dies, it won’t be permanent. As many times in the past where “dead meant dead” in the Spawn world, how many times have we seen Kincaid? Malebolgia even came back once. The only permanent death we’ve seen so far is Satan and Angela (for obvious reasons). I think we’d see Cog/Sinn get taken off the board for a while again, but in the world of Spawn, death is almost treated like Dragon Ball, a revolving door.
    True I won't be suprised if other characters like Heap,Malebolgia,Mammon,etc would come back eveuntally. We Need some newcomers to have mainstaying power too.

Fantastic Member

Yeah unless some legal reason pops up again, characters are more taken off the board than permanent death more often than not but it seems like the deaths of Freak, Heap, Overtkill and Cygor could be permanent depending on what happens in 350. Based on the Gunslinger 29 preview, one of the ramifications from 350 will be that all characters that get their powers directly from Heaven or Hell will all become mortal. That suggests another power could get involved to have a move like that go down as I don't think the throne of Hell alone is powerful enough to also influence Heaven too unless the current connection between them could facilitate that.

With May 2024 solicitations out, we have another new book alert this time it's the start of a 3 issue miniseries called Monolith about the namesake character and acts as a prequel before his first appearance in the main book. The team on it is Sean Lewis coming back which is great and art by Valerio Giangiordano. Solicit reads:

The origin of the hulking Hellspawn is finally revealed. What connection does he have to one of the most savage of his kind, Omega Spawn? Follow his journey from the cosmic depths of deep-spawn to his first encounter with Al Simmons in this three-part miniseries!
    Not familiar with Valerio's art, but Googling him it looks like he's done some variant covers for the Spawn books and its solid stuff what he's done in the past like Savage Avengers and Ghost Rider to name a few. With Sam & Twitch out next month, Rat City out in April, and this out in May I guess we'll be possibly getting a new book a month at this rate in getting all of these projects out there.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    Yeah unless some legal reason pops up again, characters are more taken off the board than permanent death more often than not but it seems like the deaths of Freak, Heap, Overtkill and Cygor could be permanent depending on what happens in 350. Based on the Gunslinger 29 preview, one of the ramifications from 350 will be that all characters that get their powers directly from Heaven or Hell will all become mortal. That suggests another power could get involved to have a move like that go down as I don't think the throne of Hell alone is powerful enough to also influence Heaven too unless the current connection between them could facilitate that.

With May 2024 solicitations out, we have another new book alert this time it's the start of a 3 issue miniseries called Monolith about the namesake character and acts as a prequel before his first appearance in the main book. The team on it is Sean Lewis coming back which is great and art by Valerio Giangiordano. Solicit reads:

Not familiar with Valerio's art, but Googling him it looks like he's done some variant covers for the Spawn books and its solid stuff what he's done in the past like Savage Avengers and Ghost Rider to name a few. With Sam & Twitch out next month, Rat City out in April, and this out in May I guess we'll be possibly getting a new book a month at this rate in getting all of these projects out there.
    Yeah also medevial went missing acording to scorched solications. And spawn also lost his powers and dealing with bludd

Mighty Member

Spawn 350 is out now

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Spawn 350 is out now
    Can't wait to pick mine up today. Hoping the McFarlane signed variant isn't insane when my price gets it in, I'd love to pick that up.

200 issues of build up to end with an absolute whimper.
    Issue 350 was just a terrible comic - top to bottom.
    Hey McFarlane - hire some writers already.

I can count actual good Spawn issues on a single hand since issue 300.
    The Cog history recap issue - and the 2 issue Wanda reunion in King Spawn. That's it.

I mean, I know no one is going to mistake the Spawn comic for classic literature - but its never been written this bad and drawn out in its 30 year existence.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    200 issues of build up to end with an absolute whimper.
    Issue 350 was just a terrible comic - top to bottom.
    Hey McFarlane - hire some writers already.

I can count actual good Spawn issues on a single hand since issue 300.
    The Cog history recap issue - and the 2 issue Wanda reunion in King Spawn. That's it.

I mean, I know no one is going to mistake the Spawn comic for classic literature - but its never been written this bad and drawn out in its 30 year existence.
    It wasn’t completely by Todd he did hire writers like rory and scorched got a new writer. Sinn and clown died with Nyx as the new queen.

Fantastic Member

IGN did an article on the upcoming Rat City ongoing coming out on April 10th - https://www.ign.com/articles/spawn-r...e-image-comics

Mighty Member

IGN did an article on the upcoming Rat City ongoing coming out on April 10th - https://www.ign.com/articles/spawn-r...e-image-comics
    Cool glad to see famous comic writers do spawn stuff

Incredible Member

This issue left me feeling letdown. Kudos for not going the obvious route with Wanda becoming the Queen of Hell, it being Nyx/Scion was unexpected. Underwhelming, but unexpected. Nyx getting her revenge on Cog/Sinn was awesome.

As a shipper of the Al/Nyx pairing (since I’ve long since wanted Al to get off the Wanda-wagon), that was a bitter moment. Was hoping the two could pick up where they left off.

So, one thing I noticed; this is the 3rd time Al has left Hell, being left with no powers. The first time was in issue 119 or 120 when Cog took the throne of hell from him this speaks of the multiple contractions in there not being anyone on the throne since Spawn killed ol Grand Mal. Cog had locked himself up away in the tower (as mentioned in the issue where Nyx first became She-Spawn). He got banished back to Earth, with no powers. The second time was after the Satan Wars Saga, after killing Satan issue 262. He was human and had to fall back on his military training while his symbiote regenerated. And now this; no powers thanks to the Deadzones expansions.

But now it’s a basic leveling ground, as possibly no one has access to their powers due to the Deadzone expansion. Just feels like we’ve walked down this road already (twice even). At least this time, it’s just not Al.

For a record breaking 350th issue, this was a record breaking disappointment. A large rock thrown in a pond, with a little splash. This all could have been wrapped up by issue 340 instead of stretching it out as long as they did. At least it is done and over with, and onto the next story arch. Excited for RAT CITY.
    Last edited by Blanks; 02-27-2024 at 12:33 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    This issue left me feeling letdown. Kudos for not going the obvious route with Wanda, it being Nyx was unexpected. Underwhelming, but unexpected. Nyx getting her revenge on Cog/Sinn was awesome.

So, one thing I noticed; this is the 3rd time Al has left Hell, being left with no powers. The first time was in issue 119 or 120 when Cog took the throne of hell from him this speaks of the multiple contractions in there not being anyone on the throne since Spawn killed ol Grand Mal. Cog had locked himself up away in the tower as mentioned in the issue where Nyx first became She-Spawn). He got banished back to Earth, with no powers. The second time was after the Satan Wars Saga, after killing Satan. He was human and had to fall back on his military training while his symbiote regenerated. And now this; no powers thanks to the Deadzones expansions.

But now it’s a basic leveling ground, as possibly no one has access to their powers due to the Deadzone expansion. Just feels like we’ve walked down this road already (twice even). At least this time, it’s just not Al.

For a record breaking 350th issue, this was a record breaking disappointment. A large rock thrown in a pond, with a little splash. This all could have been wrapped up by issue 340 instead of stretching it out as long as they did. At least it is done and over with, and onto the next story arch. Excited for RAT CITY.
    Yeah king spawn 31 has al in a new look

Fantastic Member

The ComicPop Returns channel just did an almost hour long interview with Todd.

A few repeated points from past stuff especially when it comes to the movie and how the hope is that the new Deadpool and Joker movies this year will hopefully do well to get interest in the project though I maintain my disagreement with Todd believing he needs the movie out and be a success to then do a new animated series, a video game, merch, etc... when I don't think we live in that world anymore and that has been the case for a while. Just feels like he's so deep in the movie rabbit hole at this point that nothing else can come out which feels like missed opportunities.

Another point is a secret to be revealed regarding Gunslinger that Todd will likely reveal in issue 50 of that book...the next issue is 29...*sigh*

Mighty Member

The ComicPop Returns channel just did an almost hour long interview with Todd.

A few repeated points from past stuff especially when it comes to the movie and how the hope is that the new Deadpool and Joker movies this year will hopefully do well to get interest in the project though I maintain my disagreement with Todd believing he needs the movie out and be a success to then do a new animated series, a video game, merch, etc... when I don't think we live in that world anymore and that has been the case for a while. Just feels like he's so deep in the movie rabbit hole at this point that nothing else can come out which feels like missed opportunities.

Another point is a secret to be revealed regarding Gunslinger that Todd will likely reveal in issue 50 of that book...the next issue is 29...*sigh*
    Deadly tales of the gunslinger is a prequel story during gunslinger’s time in the civil war. Same with medevial spawn mini origin story along with violator prequel

Mighty Member

https://www.reddit.com/r/Spawn/comme...lendar_update/
    New spawn series She-Spawn,Bloodletter,and Spawn 77

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Spawn/comme...lendar_update/
    New spawn series She-Spawn,Bloodletter,and Spawn 77
    WOW! I can't believe all of the books on the way. It is exciting for the Spawn universe, but also overwhelming.

I'm excited for the She-Spawn book of the new ones announced.

I think that Rat City has a ton of potential.