Page 10 of 126 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Spawn

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    So...why are you reading the book if you dislike it so much?
    I have been reading spawn since the very beginning. It was my favorite comic of all time. Normaly when I don't like a comic I either stop buying it or wait for a new arc to begin or a new creative team to get on board. But this is the one book I cannot bring myself to stop buying even tho it's the worst piece of **** in my 24+ pull list. I guess i'm just hoping for the serie to return to its roots and to what made it so awesome, but I think i'm just lying to myself...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack00 View Post
    I have been reading spawn since the very beginning. It was my favorite comic of all time. Normaly when I don't like a comic I either stop buying it or wait for a new arc to begin or a new creative team to get on board. But this is the one book I cannot bring myself to stop buying even tho it's the worst piece of **** in my 24+ pull list. I guess i'm just hoping for the serie to return to its roots and to what made it so awesome, but I think i'm just lying to myself...
    Maybe an extended break is what is needed. Like you, I've collected Spawn from the beginning and was the first comic I began to consistently pick up and I can't think of ever dropping it. After some time though, I believe it was a few arcs before the Armageddon arc, that I stopped picking it up for a few years. Not out of lack of interest, but because their were other things I wanted to pursue that consumed my time. When I came back, Hine's run was over and we were with Jim as Spawn though it was good to catch up with so many issues to read at one time. With a new team coming on board next year it wouldn't be a bad idea to sample them and see if you like what they are doing and if not, maybe take a break from the series for a bit.

Personally, I've gotten to the point that I can't pick up the series every month. Far too slow for me and prefer reading it with a few issues to go through in one shot. I'm interested in seeing who the new team will be and how they do though I'm not too crazy for Al coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack00 View Post
    So...why not just wait for the new team or until you hear if its good via word of mouth?
    Even if youve read it for ages i cant understand why youd feel the need to have a complete run of a book you dont like.
    If nothing else, youre sending the message that you like the direction of the book. Voting with your dollar an' all that.

All-New Member

I've just read the first collected trade of the Spawn. And...it's so 90s, it's almost refreshing. They don't make them like that anymore.

I can never do that skip until a new team thing like people do... I feel like I miss important **** even if I don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Knight View Post
    I can never do that skip until a new team thing like people do... I feel like I miss important **** even if I don't like it.
    I will drop certain books but they're a certain books I will never drop.I haven't enjoyed Daredevil for 3 years but I won't drop it and even if I did Marvel won't cancel it.So I jusr deal with it

^ This. Some titles we were born to be reading no matter what.

I was bored with Green Lantern: New Guardians for a while but I never dropped it. GL forever.

I can't do that. When I don't like a book, I'd rather spend my hard earned cashed (as little as that is) on something I do enjoy. I was a Spawn reader for YEARS and loved it. My love intensified when Hine got on the book. After he left, the book went downhill. I was no longer enjoying it and no longer cared. It got boring for me and I hated the pacing. I may or may not try to next team out but thus far the stuff after Hine's run and also how rushed his run was in the end left a bad taste in my mouth. I've just lost nearly all interest in the character and the on going mythos.

Hopefully issue #250 will change things for you guys.

Isnt the new team #251? #250 is when Als back.

Really got no idea who McFarlane would get for the new team. Maybe another unknown artist like Kudranski was?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Isnt the new team #251? #250 is when Als back.

Really got no idea who McFarlane would get for the new team. Maybe another unknown artist like Kudranski was?
    The new team will be in the Epilogue of 250 (similar to how we first saw Kurdranski at the epilogue of 200) and then fully take over from 251 onwards.

I'm really curious as to who the new team is too and I have to imagine the art will be pretty different from now with Kudranski. I'm certainly down for an unknown or someone known on the art side as the series for the most part has done well on the art side of things. I'm really wondering who will be on the writing side though.

Im guessing itll be a change from the dark/horror vibe of Kudranskis work, but i imagine Todds still adverse to going back to a traditional superhero look.
    Time will tell i guess.

I started reading Spawn again after a lengthy hiatus. The plan was to read where I left off at 14 but now I'm curious about the new team. I decided to read both the old and the new. Please McFarlane make this book matter again with a good team.
    Current Pulls for DC/Vertigo: Batman, Justice League
    Image: Manifest Destiny, East of West, Low, The Wicked & The Divine, Injection, Tokyo Ghost
    Valiant: Harbinger/Imperium
    Other: Letter 44, Lady Mechanika, Tarot

Amazing Member

Just read 246, and Jim Downing is Al Simmons!!! Holy crap, did not see that coming.

Or Al is inside Jim, it wasn't really explained.

****... I was just about to read the issue... and BAM! spoiled!!!!! grrrr

My fault for not reading it sooner. Damn you Birds of Prey & Avengers