Page 100 of 126 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1879

Thread: Spawn

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    There was also the movie and video games too
    I watched the live action movie as a kid. I haven't played any Spawn videogames yet. It would be cool to get new Spawn content in other medias. I know he was a guest character in a Mortal Kombat game
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Mighty Member

Gunslinger spawn 4 is out now

Mighty Member

Oh spawn 326 is now released

Mighty Member

King spawn 7 is out now

Fantastic Member

Alright had a chance to go through the latest batches of the Spawn Universe books and here we go.

King Spawn #6 - A satisfying end to the first arc of the book. Re-reading the entire first arc, I can easily say this is the best book of the four right now and lapsed fans should check this out. Its tackling the series in a spiritual way, but also has respect for what has come before, and seeing old characters in a new way, as opposed to how normally the old characters come back usually in the same role, is refreshing. This issue in particular not only brings an end to the Disruptor/Spawn fight, but we find out how Kincaid and the person who is Disruptor came back to Earth which is a callback to what happened post-Armageddon arc. I like the tease at the end of a larger group of past and new villains teaming up which continues with issue #7 which I'll withhold my full thoughts on that until the next go-round. I hope the villains dangling Wanda to antagonize Spawn is just that and not the idea that Wanda could really be coming back given Satan Saga Wars was a final chapter to Al and Wanda, but we'll see. If the book has any problems, I would say the book doesn't really need Medieval nor She-Spawn and given the overall ill-defined powers they have and the forced drama that comes with Al interacting with them, it drags things more than anything else. If this is just Al with the old crew book of Terry and maybe get Sam & Twitch in there I'd be completely fine with that. Art also continues to be brutal and a star highlight of the book with Disruptor talking about his origin and a brutal image later on with an eyeball. A few problems do linger here and there that is more legacy than anything else and wonder how much of Todd's additional dialogue is in this, but overall I'm enjoying the book.

Gunslinger Spawn #4 - An alright issue that feels like more could have been done. We get a quick dismissal of new villain Dakota in favor of a classic villain returning and beating the piss out of Gunslinger all in a bid to get him on his side. We do find out how the villain came back which is kinda ehh, but I'll take it and at the very least does explain not only his new look but new powers too. A pretty simple and straightforward issue that guess we'll see how things continue but was certainly wanting more out of the issue than what we got.

Spawn #326 - Decent issue. We pick up with Spawn and Haunt throwing down a bit until cooler heads prevail. We get a quick recap of what happened with Haunt post his appearance in the King Spawn #1 backup that leads to an old-fashioned team-up which is pretty cool. I see that the series is sort of forgetting Haunt's appearance during the last days of the Downing era where Daniel Kilgore told Marc about Al and finding Wanda which is fine as nothing really came of that so coming at it with a clean slate is for the best. The duo crash a meeting in the hopes of a) tracking down Cogliostro for Spawn's benefit and b) find a means to cure Haunt of the poison in him and looks like we'll be seeing the two fighting together next issue. We also get a side bit with Dark Redeemer and the hell forces that captured the other Spawns revealed at the end of the previous issue that more establishes how thin the relationship is that can erode pretty easily. An improvement over the rather too talky previous issue and yeah seeing Spawn and Haunt together and the hope of more of that gets a thumbs up from me.

The Scorched #2 - an alright issue as well that continues on the fight of the team against the Russian forces as they try to protect the girls, but get more information on what the girls know and other players involved. Certainly, the definition of an action comic as everything is happening pretty quickly. Spawn & Terry even show up to lend assistance that ends with the return of a character who I thought was killed in the main book previously but I guess anyone can don the uniform of this character and wonder what will happen if he meets Al again as the character is now anti-Heaven and anti-Hell when in his previous appearance in the main book he was all about Heaven or Hell that humans can do more or something like that. Could it mean maybe the character could join the team? We'll see, but yeah this was okay that moved things along, and hope we can wrap this up in the next issue or two to go on to not only the next part of the arc, but get more character dynamic moments as this issue really didn't have much, if any, of that but I can see this was more table setting for what is to come. Curious to note in the back matter seems to suggest that Monarch, the hulking Spawn from the Omega Island arc, might still be alive which is interesting given what happened to him.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    Alright had a chance to go through the latest batches of the Spawn Universe books and here we go.

King Spawn #6 - A satisfying end to the first arc of the book. Re-reading the entire first arc, I can easily say this is the best book of the four right now and lapsed fans should check this out. Its tackling the series in a spiritual way, but also has respect for what has come before, and seeing old characters in a new way, as opposed to how normally the old characters come back usually in the same role, is refreshing. This issue in particular not only brings an end to the Disruptor/Spawn fight, but we find out how Kincaid and the person who is Disruptor came back to Earth which is a callback to what happened post-Armageddon arc. I like the tease at the end of a larger group of past and new villains teaming up which continues with issue #7 which I'll withhold my full thoughts on that until the next go-round. I hope the villains dangling Wanda to antagonize Spawn is just that and not the idea that Wanda could really be coming back given Satan Saga Wars was a final chapter to Al and Wanda, but we'll see. If the book has any problems, I would say the book doesn't really need Medieval nor She-Spawn and given the overall ill-defined powers they have and the forced drama that comes with Al interacting with them, it drags things more than anything else. If this is just Al with the old crew book of Terry and maybe get Sam & Twitch in there I'd be completely fine with that. Art also continues to be brutal and a star highlight of the book with Disruptor talking about his origin and a brutal image later on with an eyeball. A few problems do linger here and there that is more legacy than anything else and wonder how much of Todd's additional dialogue is in this, but overall I'm enjoying the book.

Gunslinger Spawn #4 - An alright issue that feels like more could have been done. We get a quick dismissal of new villain Dakota in favor of a classic villain returning and beating the piss out of Gunslinger all in a bid to get him on his side. We do find out how the villain came back which is kinda ehh, but I'll take it and at the very least does explain not only his new look but new powers too. A pretty simple and straightforward issue that guess we'll see how things continue but was certainly wanting more out of the issue than what we got.

Spawn #326 - Decent issue. We pick up with Spawn and Haunt throwing down a bit until cooler heads prevail. We get a quick recap of what happened with Haunt post his appearance in the King Spawn #1 backup that leads to an old-fashioned team-up which is pretty cool. I see that the series is sort of forgetting Haunt's appearance during the last days of the Downing era where Daniel Kilgore told Marc about Al and finding Wanda which is fine as nothing really came of that so coming at it with a clean slate is for the best. The duo crash a meeting in the hopes of a) tracking down Cogliostro for Spawn's benefit and b) find a means to cure Haunt of the poison in him and looks like we'll be seeing the two fighting together next issue. We also get a side bit with Dark Redeemer and the hell forces that captured the other Spawns revealed at the end of the previous issue that more establishes how thin the relationship is that can erode pretty easily. An improvement over the rather too talky previous issue and yeah seeing Spawn and Haunt together and the hope of more of that gets a thumbs up from me.

The Scorched #2 - an alright issue as well that continues on the fight of the team against the Russian forces as they try to protect the girls, but get more information on what the girls know and other players involved. Certainly, the definition of an action comic as everything is happening pretty quickly. Spawn & Terry even show up to lend assistance that ends with the return of a character who I thought was killed in the main book previously but I guess anyone can don the uniform of this character and wonder what will happen if he meets Al again as the character is now anti-Heaven and anti-Hell when in his previous appearance in the main book he was all about Heaven or Hell that humans can do more or something like that. Could it mean maybe the character could join the team? We'll see, but yeah this was okay that moved things along, and hope we can wrap this up in the next issue or two to go on to not only the next part of the arc, but get more character dynamic moments as this issue really didn't have much, if any, of that but I can see this was more table setting for what is to come. Curious to note in the back matter seems to suggest that Monarch, the hulking Spawn from the Omega Island arc, might still be alive which is interesting given what happened to him.
    Could turn Wanda into an Angel warrior brainwashed for heaven like king spawn 7 was lit and gunslinger spawn 5 is coming this week also soul crusher is back yes it is the same one death is cheap in comics remember?
    Last edited by Toxin45; 02-21-2022 at 08:45 PM.

Fantastic Member

For those interested in the Spawn figures, Wave 3 was announced yesterday and will feature a Deluxe Spawn with chair, Raven Spawn, Haunt, Ninja Spawn, and Overtkill which is the mega figure of the wave.

For more details, pics and pre-order follow this link and they will all be out in March - https://news.toyark.com/2022/02/25/s...rs-live-460038

Mighty Member

For those interested in the Spawn figures, Wave 3 was announced yesterday and will feature a Deluxe Spawn with chair, Raven Spawn, Haunt, Ninja Spawn, and Overtkill which is the mega figure of the wave.

For more details, pics and pre-order follow this link and they will all be out in March - https://news.toyark.com/2022/02/25/s...rs-live-460038
    Oh I seen on Twitter and reddit
    They look to still be in development also a medeval spawn kickstarter

Incredible Member

I was rebagging and boarding my older Spawn comics last night. I had like, the first 249 issues (and various copies double bagged). Did a little inventorying of my collection, but I only finished single bagging up to the end of the Armageddon story before I called it a night (gonna finish 165 to 249 tonight in rebagging/boarding). Took the time to quickly re-read those issues to refamiliarize myself with the Armageddon story.

Considering that we’l probably get an Omnibus vol 3 and 4 later this year (or maybe early next year for Vol 4), if I were Todd and team, I would take a heavy look at the Vol 4 (issues 150-200) and do some tweaking of the story regarding the use of Armageddon and God and afterwards since pretty much everything about the Armageddon arc was ignored (especially by the time we got to Spawn 250 and onward.

My biggest thing would be to retcon the “God” and “Satan” that was used during the Armageddon arc to be the Demiurge, from Christian Gnosticism to be “God” since the Demiurge is suppose to be an “evil creator God”. The twin brother, the version of Satan used in the story, they could rename him into another demon. From what I’ve read, Satan is a “title” not a name, and according to some books, there are like, 5 princes of Hell that carry the title of Satan. So, renaming Satan that was used in the Armageddon story to be a different Satan from the one that Al/Spawn killed during the Satan War Saga.

Not being preachy, lol, but I hate the fact that despite these issues exist, and will be collected, their existence are pretty much ignored. A lil story tweaking can make them fit right back into continuity easily so Spawn wouldn’t have so many story contradictions.

A lot of it isn’t Todds’ fault; I know those lawsuits regarding Angela/Medevil Spawn/Cog stalled things and they had to be ignored while that was settled.
    Last edited by Blanks; 02-28-2022 at 07:24 AM.

Incredible Member

Adding to my re-bagging/Re-boarding adventure, I’ll have to do the same to my Dark Ages collection as well as both Sam and Twitch series and Curse of the Spawn. I have no idea why I originally double bagged my Spawn issues; it’s kinda annoying now that I did that. I own every issue, mini-series, etc. It was kinda fun going through memory lane as I was putting them into new sleeves.
    Last edited by Blanks; 02-28-2022 at 10:11 AM.

Incredible Member

I personally hope that through the Scorched title, in the future, the unresolved Plot-points from Haunts own series are cleared up. Such as all his co-workers/handlers that just up and disappeared, and that rather underwhelming last story arc from issues 19 till it concluded. Just rather have it resolved. And sone of those characters that were used in Haunt could make interesting allies for Al and Jessica Priest considering they both are former CIA agents too.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    I was rebagging and boarding my older Spawn comics last night. I had like, the first 249 issues (and various copies double bagged). Did a little inventorying of my collection, but I only finished single bagging up to the end of the Armageddon story before I called it a night (gonna finish 165 to 249 tonight in rebagging/boarding). Took the time to quickly re-read those issues to refamiliarize myself with the Armageddon story.

Considering that we’l probably get an Omnibus vol 3 and 4 later this year (or maybe early next year for Vol 4), if I were Todd and team, I would take a heavy look at the Vol 4 (issues 150-200) and do some tweaking of the story regarding the use of Armageddon and God and afterwards since pretty much everything about the Armageddon arc was ignored (especially by the time we got to Spawn 250 and onward.

My biggest thing would be to retcon the “God” and “Satan” that was used during the Armageddon arc to be the Demiurge, from Christian Gnosticism to be “God” since the Demiurge is suppose to be an “evil creator God”. The twin brother, the version of Satan used in the story, they could rename him into another demon. From what I’ve read, Satan is a “title” not a name, and according to some books, there are like, 5 princes of Hell that carry the title of Satan. So, renaming Satan that was used in the Armageddon story to be a different Satan from the one that Al/Spawn killed during the Satan War Saga.

Not being preachy, lol, but I hate the fact that despite these issues exist, and will be collected, their existence are pretty much ignored. A lil story tweaking can make them fit right back into continuity easily so Spawn wouldn’t have so many story contradictions.

A lot of it isn’t Todds’ fault; I know those lawsuits regarding Angela/Medevil Spawn/Cog stalled things and they had to be ignored while that was settled.
    Well mammon and Morana came back in king spawn though along with heap,urizen,ab,zab,and godsend with new villain black azazel. Also did you know that disruptor was japan wynn the whole time?

Also Gunsligner spawn adds in a new villain named Dakota and clown is back can separate himself from his demon form at will now

Incredible Member

Question to the Spawn family; does anyone know if Spawn Armageddon is backwards compatible on the X-box One? I had it for the PS2 back in the day, but I got a used X-Box One now… I found my old strategy guide the other night while I was rebagging/boarding my Spawn comics and I got the urge to play it. Was thinking of buying the X-box version if it is backwards compatible…

Mighty Member

Spawn 327 is out now

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    Question to the Spawn family; does anyone know if Spawn Armageddon is backwards compatible on the X-box One? I had it for the PS2 back in the day, but I got a used X-Box One now… I found my old strategy guide the other night while I was rebagging/boarding my Spawn comics and I got the urge to play it. Was thinking of buying the X-box version if it is backwards compatible…
    I was searching around for an answer one way or the other on this and it seems right now the answer is that it isn't backwards compatible. That of course can change over time and hope it does. Soul Calibur 2, though, is backwards compatible as that had Spawn as the guest character on the Xbox version while Gamecube had Link and PS2 had Heihachi.