Page 102 of 126 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1879

Thread: Spawn

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Oh by the way spawn changed writers a while a go now on spawn 327 onwards along with gunslinger spawn and scorched yet you still complain about that btw I also saw some reviews on spawn issues on YouTube as well
    I’ve been buying Spawn regularly since 1998 so, yeah, if I feel the stories are shitty and sucky for ME, then yes, in MY opinion, they are shitty and sucky. Not every story is for everyone. And I don’t live for Reddit or Twitter. In fact, I’ve never even been on the Reddit website, so Reddit is pretty much null for me. Spawn is my favorite comic, and I love it, so I will hold it to a high standard, because I’ve seen where it once stood amongst the giants, and I’ve seen how far it had fallen many times.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    I’ve been buying Spawn regularly since 1998 so, yeah, if I feel the stories are shitty and sucky for ME, then yes, in MY opinion, they are shitty and sucky. Not every story is for everyone. And I don’t live for Reddit or Twitter. In fact, I’ve never even been on the Reddit website, so Reddit is pretty much null for me. Spawn is my favorite comic, and I love it, so I will hold it to a high standard, because I’ve seen where it once stood amongst the giants, and I’ve seen how far it had fallen many times.
    Well
    Okay for you I guess but don’t be so abrasive about it well try Reddit spawn and Twitter too if you feel curious but it does have a reseurgence I can assure you newer fans are coming slow but strong just takes time besides even cbr and other comics sites are starting to review spawn again
    Last edited by Toxin45; 03-24-2022 at 06:36 PM.

Mighty Member

Spawn 328 is out today

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    I like the Spawn team up in Scorched.
    Me too. Spawn always enlivens the atmosphere (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-01-2022 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Spawn's universe launches a new TPB and HC program

Screenshot 2022-04-02 09.58.12.jpg

Tempe, Ariz., March 25, 2022 — The world of SPAWN exploded in 2021 with four new record-breaking titles and is now set to expand even further in 2022. Todd McFarlane is announcing an aggressive brand-new Spawn Trade Paperback and Hardcover books program, bringing fans new collections of past Spawn stories from the last 30 years and, for the very first time, collections of the four new record-breaking titles from 2021.
    Todd McFarlane Productions will release fifteen new comic trade paperbacks and hardcover collections this year, with more expansions coming in 2023.

“With the resurgence of the SPAWN character and expansion of three new titles in his shared universe, there has been a loud demand for me to create a scheduled release of reprinting some of those stories into a range of collected editions,” said McFarlane, Image president, and Spawn Creator. “More importantly, I believe that creating a steady schedule that both customers and retailers can depend on will only help serve this new pent-up demand. As a celebration of Spawn’s 30th year of publication (along with Image Comics’ same anniversary), we will be printing some never-seen-before collections. All this as I also move towards the ultimate goal of getting the Spawn franchise off the ground in Hollywood… which will only stoke the need for these types of editions. 2021 was a massive record-setting year for the Spawn Universe, and I plan to continue to deliver high-quality stories and products within the SPAWN UNIVERSE that are reasonably priced.”

Collections and trade paperbacks will include never-before-released titles such as King Spawn (the #1 selling comic issue in the industry in 2021) and The Scorched and Gunslinger Spawn (the #3 selling comic issue in 2021).

To celebrate the milestone achievement of SPAWN’s 30th anniversary and IMAGE COMICS' 30th-year celebration, McFarlane will release Spawn trade paperback and hardcover collections never previously released together. A limited quantity of SPAWN DELUXE HARDCOVER VOL.5 will be personally signed by McFarlane himself.

SPAWN ORIGINS, VOL. 21 TP
    STORY: BRIAN HOLGUIN & TODD MCFARLANE
    ART: ANGEL MEDINA
    APRIL 20 / 160 PAGES / FC / M / $16.99
    Spawn ends up in the clutches of the witch, NYX. Her plan to borrow a bit of Spawn’s powers to gain access to Hell doesn’t go quite as planned.
    Collects SPAWN #123-128

SPAWN: THE RECORD-BREAKER
    STORY: TODD MCFARLANE & SCOTT SNYDER
    ART: GREG CAPULLO, JASON SHAWN ALEXANDER, TODD MCFARLANE, J. SCOTT CAMPBELL, JEROME OPENA & CLAYTON CRAIN
    COVER: J. SCOTT CAMPBELL
    MAY 4 / 180 PAGES / FC / M / $16.99
    TODD MCFARLANE unleashed his signature creation, SPAWN, in 1992. In doing so, he created the most successful creator-owned comic book in history. For the first time, collected are the issues leading up to the WORLD RECORD Breaking Spawn #301! This is the storyline that changes everything! Includes art from industry giants like GREG CAPULLO, JASON SHAWN ALEXANDER, CLAYTON CRAIN, JEROME OPENA & J. SCOTT CAMPBELL, as well as story penciled by TODD MCFARLANE himself.
    Collects SPAWN #298-301

KING SPAWN, VOL. 1
    STORY: SEAN LEWIS & TODD MCFARLANE
    ART: JAVI FERNANDEZ
    COVER: PUPPETEER LEE
    MAY 18 / 168 PAGES / FC / M / $9.99
    When one of the vilest creatures ever imprisoned in Hell is released back onto Earth, Spawn follows the clues and right into the trap set for him. But why does Kincaid want Spawn to ascend the throne of Hell, and what of the prophecy of the KING SPAWN.
    Collects KING SPAWN #1-6

SPAWN COMPENDIUM VOL. 3
    STORY: TODD MCFARLANE & BRIAN HOLGUIN
    ART: ANGEL MEDINA, NAT JONES & PHILIP TAN
    COVER: TODD MCFARLANE & VARIOUS
    June 1/ 500/ FC / M / $59.99
    TODD MCFARLANE unleashed his signature creation, SPAWN, in 1992. In doing so, he created the most successful creator-owned comic book in history. Issues 101-150 are collected in FULL Color for the first time. Some of these issues have never been collected before! SPAWN COMPENDIUM VOL. 3 presents the continued tales of Spawn as he discovers the true meaning of becoming a Hellspawn. He settles on a path of bloody revenge, searching for a way back to his humanity!
    Collects SPAWN #101-150

SPAWN: AFTERMATH
    STORY: TODD MCFARLANE
    ART: JASON SHAWN ALEXANDER, PHILIP TAN & KEN LASHLEY
    JULY 13 / 180 PAGES / FC / M / $16.99
    The effects of Spawn’s “explosive” conversation are still being felt. New Spawns are starting to appear, and Al is shown a horrific version of a possible future!
    Collects SPAWN #302-307

GUNSLINGER SPAWN VOL. 1
    ART: BRETT BOOTH
    JULY 27 / 168 PAGES / FC / M / $9.99
    He is a man out of time. Lost in his future and searching for a way back to the past. Gunslinger Spawn has many scores to settle with those that did him wrong. Be he has been thrown into a greater conflict, one of the fates of humanity, and his revenge might have to wait for a bit.
    Collects GUNSLINGER SPAWN #1-6

SPAWN ORIGINS HARDCOVER VOL. 11
    AUGUST 17/ 352/FC/M/$29.99
    Reprints Spawn issues 126-138 (12 issues). Oversized HC format with bonus material.
    Contains the stories and artwork that helped cement the Spawn legacy—featuring hyper-detailed art by Angel Medina (The Incredible Hulk, Sensational Spider-Man) and stories by legendary Spawn scribe Brian Holguin with Todd McFarlane.

SPAWN ORIGINS, VOL. 22 TP
    AUGUST 31 / 160 PAGES / FC / M / $16.99
    A grizzly murder in Rat City puts NYC Cops Sam and Twitch at odds with Al Simmons. But unbeknownst to them is that Clown is running around in the possessed body of…Jason Wynn!!
    Collects SPAWN #129-134

SPAWN: OMEGA
    ART: KEN LASHLEY, JIM MUNIZ & CARLO BARBERI
    SEPTEMBER 28 / 180 PAGES / FC / M / $16.99
    First Medieval Spawn is discovered alive! Now, a stranger walks into a bar in New Mexico with a revolver on his hip… It sounds like the start of a bad joke but trust me; Gunslinger Spawn is no joke.
    Collects SPAWN #308-314

SPAWN ORIGINS, VOL. 23 TP
    ART: ANGEL MEDINA & NAT JONES
    OCTOBER 26 / 160 PAGES / FC / M / $16.99
    A horrific world where the denizens of Rat City are all turned into Clowns! NYX journeys to hell, where she stumbles across the man, she abandoned there…REDEEMER!
    Collects SPAWN #135-134

THE SCORCHED, VOL. 1
    STORY: SEAN LEWIS & TODD MCFARLANE
    ART: STEPHEN SEGOVIA & PAULO SIQUEIRA
    OCTOBER 26 / 168 PAGES / FC / M / $9.99
    From the smash-hit new series from the SPAWN UNIVERSE: THE SCORCHED! Hellspawns were never meant to work together. That kind of power is just too volatile, too dangerous. THE SCORCHED, however, have no other choice. Hellspawns and Angels work together to save humanity from those that seek to enslave it. She-Spawn, Redeemer, Medieval, Gunslinger & Reaper.
    Collects THE SCORCHED #1-6

SPAWN’S UNIVERSE Collection
    Story: Todd McFarlane
    Co-Plot: Ales Kot (Gunslinger story)
    Art: Jim Cheung, Todd McFarlane, Stephen Segovia, Marcio Takara, Kevin Keene, Philip Tan, Thomas Nachlik
    Cover: J. Scott Campbell
    NOV 30 / 144 PAGES / FC / M / $9.99
    The world of SPAWN changes forever! New heroes. New villains and new titles are coming to a comic shop near you. Join this list of artists as we unveil a historic moment in the mythology of SPAWN’S UNIVERSE. This collection includes Spawn’s Universe #1 and different stories from Gunslinger Spawn #1 and The Scorched #1.

SPAWN DELUXE HARDCOVER VOL.5
    NOVEMBER 16/620/FC/M/$99.00
    This deluxe, oversized, and slipcase hardcover edition presents 25 previously released, sold-out issues of classic Spawn stories in an all-new size and format. Additional material includes color and black-and-white cover galleries, never-before-seen art, and bonus material from the six-issue trade paperbacks and 12-issue hardcovers. This is the absolute top tier of the Spawn: Origins family of books! It doesn’t get any better than this!
    Collects SPAWN #101-125

SPAWN DELUXE HARDCOVER VOL.5 SIGNED BY TODD MCFARLANE
    NOVEMBER 16/620/FC/M/$150.00
    **Limited Edition only 500 SIGNED**
    This deluxe, oversized, and slipcase hardcover edition presents twenty-five previously released, sold-out issues of classic Spawn stories in an all-new size and format. Additional material includes color and black-and-white cover galleries, never-before-seen art, and bonus material from the six-issue trade paperbacks and 12-issue hardcovers. This is the absolute top tier of the Spawn: Origins family of books! It doesn’t get any better than this!
    Collects SPAWN #101-125

SPAWN COMPENDIUM VOL.4
    STORY: BRIAN HOLGUIN, TODD MCFARLANE & DAVID HINE
    ART: ANGEL MEDINA, PHILIP TAN, BRIAN HABERLIN, WHILCE PORTACIO, ERIK LARSEN & VARIOUS
    COVER: TODD MCFARLANE & VARIOUS
    DECEMBER 14 / 500/ FC / M /$ 59.99
    TODD MCFARLANE unleashed his signature creation, SPAWN, in 1992. In doing so, he created the most successful creator-owned comic book in history. For the first time, Issues 151-200 are collected in FULL Color. Some of these issues have never been collected before! SPAWN COMPENDIUM VOL. 4 presents the continued tales of Spawn as he discovers the true meaning of becoming a Hellspawn. He settles on a path of bloody revenge, searching for a way back to his humanity!
    Collects SPAWN #151-200

SPAWN ORIGINS, VOL. 24 TP
    ART: ANGEL MEDINA & NAT JONES
    DECEMBER 28 / 160 PAGES / FC / M / $14.99
    NYX journeys through Hell frees THE REDEEMER, wakes Al from his coma, and restores his powers in full…and that is just the beginning.
    Collects SPAWN #141-146

It would be a dream for Al Simmons to team with Sara Pezzini someday lol

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    It would be a dream for Al Simmons to team with Sara Pezzini someday lol
    They've worked together before. But yeah, I get what you mean. If it were just the two of them (Al+Sara), then that would be nice.

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-08-2022 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    They've worked together before. But yeah, I get what you mean. If it were just the two of them (Al+Sara), then that would be nice.

Yeah! A team with just the two of them would be great!

Mighty Member

King spawn 9 is out now dang it is good

Fantastic Member

Finally caught up to the latest Spawn Universe books so lets have at it.

King Spawn #8 - the 11th hour arc continues. A good portion of this issue is the Court vs Spawn that leads to a good fight and we find out some of the other members like Tremor, Zera, and Ab & Zab. The point of the whole thing is the Court pushing Spawn to make the decision of sitting on the Godthrone because if he doesn't the Court will wage war on Earth and they also entice the offer of the Godthrone with the return of Wanda. We then get a flashback scene in the Greenworld where Black Azrael brings the supposed body of Wanda to the Greenworld to protect it from both Heaven and Hell forces and Black Azrael kills this From Software Soulsbourne-looking horse that corrupts the Greenworld. The issue ends as Simon is continuing his training and a crack begins to show that the person that Al thinks is out of reach may not be the case. Solid issue I thought with great art again. I feel like something still isn't right with this whole Wanda coming back bit as it comes from the mouth of a crazed angel but Al may just be considering the Court's offer so I'm intrigued to see where things go. Really not much more to say as the series continues to be a solid read.

Gunslinger Spawn #6 - the conclusion of the three-issue Clown arc. Clown and Gunslinger go to Omega Island where Clown has been hiding out and they have a feast to celebrate their partnership all the while Gunslinger is remembering his mission. They discuss the time rip and what Clown plans to do once the planned betrayal happens, when Gunslinger attacks Clown and they has fight. Gunslinger takes control of the Clown minions, called Omens, as Gunslinger displays the ability to control animals like he kinda sort of did with the wolves in the last issue leading to the end where Gunslinger carves the name Amy on to Violator and leaves. 6 months/issues in and I cannot tell you why this book exists. Just as the partnership seems to happen only for it to not be sold the next issue and right away too with the Gunslinger remembering Amy feels like just wasting our time. In addition, a few issues ago on the main book you have Al dreading going back to Omega Island only for Gunslinger to punk the island out and walk away like nothing making the threat of the island now hollow. We haven't really learned anything new in all of these issues and anything that we did or the whole thing with Clown could have been done in any of three other books. If I wasn't a completionist I honestly would not be picking this up as this series could be so much more.

Spawn #328 - fallout from the massacre at a Anti-Spawn rally as Al & Terry investigate which leads them on the trail of the Forsaken, Cordelia, and the captured Hellspawns. This leads to Spawn finding Redeemer and asks him about the origin of Redeemers. Elsewhere, Forsaken grows tired of Cordelia's posturing as she worries how long she can keep the charade for. We also find out that Cygor has been an unwilling spy for Downing as Downing is aware of everything going on in Al's base as he and Marc continue to plan their side things which may likely lead to a meeting with Downing and Haunt soon. The issue ends as the spirit of Detective Spawn finds a new host but before he can enjoy that Sinn, the new look of Cogliostro, appears and seems to suck the power out of him as he proclaims his interest in the throne of Hell. The pieces continue to move first set in motion back in 324 and I am intrigued to see where everything goes. How the hell forces were able to convince Forsaken to work for them while not revealing their true nature is sus to me, but it feels like we are nearing the end of that particular story. I find it tiring, though, that Cog's interest is in the throne of Hell again when that storyline was done already, but maybe the Sinn stuff can make it fresh again. Interesting to note that dead Spawns can come back by latching on to someone else, given how the Dead Zones are locked, and I'm glad the Universe books have been touching on that aspect and likely how Monolith comes back down the line.

The Scorched #4 - oh you thought you were going to find out more about Soul Crusher's offer or more about Plague and maybe the team finding a solution for Natasha right? Wrong as the majority of the issue is Al in hysteria yelling about not trusting Soul Crusher which leads to a fight and a fight between Gunslinger and Al and yeah I'm really tired of this. We get a mysterious background for new creatures named Sin Devourers with the goal of opening the Dead Zones on their own and if they can't then the mission is to kill everyone which leads to the end of the issue where a Sin Devourer attacks the Scorched's base. However, before we get to that Reaper reveals from what he overheard from the angels that a war is coming and their is a traitor on the team. Very messy issue here as we don't even find out what Soul Crusher knows that leads to a tired fight that leads to a traitor storyline out of nowhere and then an attack to end the issue. With the main book having Medieval join Downing's side it would have been nice to at least entertain the idea of Gunslinger being on Clown's side because of his book to sell the potential turn even for a bit (then again the timeline of when all these books are happening is completely out of wack) and increase the suspect pool, but yeah the team doesn't gel much or the issues haven't made me care about a traitor in the group. This and Gunslinger continue to be the weak links in the Universe books but hey at least the new creatures are kinda cool looking.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    Finally caught up to the latest Spawn Universe books so lets have at it.

King Spawn #8 - the 11th hour arc continues. A good portion of this issue is the Court vs Spawn that leads to a good fight and we find out some of the other members like Tremor, Zera, and Ab & Zab. The point of the whole thing is the Court pushing Spawn to make the decision of sitting on the Godthrone because if he doesn't the Court will wage war on Earth and they also entice the offer of the Godthrone with the return of Wanda. We then get a flashback scene in the Greenworld where Black Azrael brings the supposed body of Wanda to the Greenworld to protect it from both Heaven and Hell forces and Black Azrael kills this From Software Soulsbourne-looking horse that corrupts the Greenworld. The issue ends as Simon is continuing his training and a crack begins to show that the person that Al thinks is out of reach may not be the case. Solid issue I thought with great art again. I feel like something still isn't right with this whole Wanda coming back bit as it comes from the mouth of a crazed angel but Al may just be considering the Court's offer so I'm intrigued to see where things go. Really not much more to say as the series continues to be a solid read.

Gunslinger Spawn #6 - the conclusion of the three-issue Clown arc. Clown and Gunslinger go to Omega Island where Clown has been hiding out and they have a feast to celebrate their partnership all the while Gunslinger is remembering his mission. They discuss the time rip and what Clown plans to do once the planned betrayal happens, when Gunslinger attacks Clown and they has fight. Gunslinger takes control of the Clown minions, called Omens, as Gunslinger displays the ability to control animals like he kinda sort of did with the wolves in the last issue leading to the end where Gunslinger carves the name Amy on to Violator and leaves. 6 months/issues in and I cannot tell you why this book exists. Just as the partnership seems to happen only for it to not be sold the next issue and right away too with the Gunslinger remembering Amy feels like just wasting our time. In addition, a few issues ago on the main book you have Al dreading going back to Omega Island only for Gunslinger to punk the island out and walk away like nothing making the threat of the island now hollow. We haven't really learned anything new in all of these issues and anything that we did or the whole thing with Clown could have been done in any of three other books. If I wasn't a completionist I honestly would not be picking this up as this series could be so much more.

Spawn #328 - fallout from the massacre at a Anti-Spawn rally as Al & Terry investigate which leads them on the trail of the Forsaken, Cordelia, and the captured Hellspawns. This leads to Spawn finding Redeemer and asks him about the origin of Redeemers. Elsewhere, Forsaken grows tired of Cordelia's posturing as she worries how long she can keep the charade for. We also find out that Cygor has been an unwilling spy for Downing as Downing is aware of everything going on in Al's base as he and Marc continue to plan their side things which may likely lead to a meeting with Downing and Haunt soon. The issue ends as the spirit of Detective Spawn finds a new host but before he can enjoy that Sinn, the new look of Cogliostro, appears and seems to suck the power out of him as he proclaims his interest in the throne of Hell. The pieces continue to move first set in motion back in 324 and I am intrigued to see where everything goes. How the hell forces were able to convince Forsaken to work for them while not revealing their true nature is sus to me, but it feels like we are nearing the end of that particular story. I find it tiring, though, that Cog's interest is in the throne of Hell again when that storyline was done already, but maybe the Sinn stuff can make it fresh again. Interesting to note that dead Spawns can come back by latching on to someone else, given how the Dead Zones are locked, and I'm glad the Universe books have been touching on that aspect and likely how Monolith comes back down the line.

The Scorched #4 - oh you thought you were going to find out more about Soul Crusher's offer or more about Plague and maybe the team finding a solution for Natasha right? Wrong as the majority of the issue is Al in hysteria yelling about not trusting Soul Crusher which leads to a fight and a fight between Gunslinger and Al and yeah I'm really tired of this. We get a mysterious background for new creatures named Sin Devourers with the goal of opening the Dead Zones on their own and if they can't then the mission is to kill everyone which leads to the end of the issue where a Sin Devourer attacks the Scorched's base. However, before we get to that Reaper reveals from what he overheard from the angels that a war is coming and their is a traitor on the team. Very messy issue here as we don't even find out what Soul Crusher knows that leads to a tired fight that leads to a traitor storyline out of nowhere and then an attack to end the issue. With the main book having Medieval join Downing's side it would have been nice to at least entertain the idea of Gunslinger being on Clown's side because of his book to sell the potential turn even for a bit (then again the timeline of when all these books are happening is completely out of wack) and increase the suspect pool, but yeah the team doesn't gel much or the issues haven't made me care about a traitor in the group. This and Gunslinger continue to be the weak links in the Universe books but hey at least the new creatures are kinda cool looking.
    also um wanda soul is held hostage by gaia in issue 9 of king spawn.

Mighty Member

also spawn 329 and the scorched issue 5 is out now.

Mighty Member

Awsome She-Spawn cover.

Incredible Member

Picked up a copy (the last copy actually) of Ant#3 today. Had the retold story from the Spawn/Dragon issue that Lawson did a few years ago. I’m just guessing that maybe issue 4 will have Spawn in it as well.

Mighty Member

King spawn 10 is out now