Page 108 of 126 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 1877

Thread: Spawn

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    An interesting conversation that Todd had with CBR here regarding the movie:

What sticks to me is this quote from that video -

He isn't wrong in thinking that, but I just find it interesting that all of the eggs are being put in the live-action movie basket with regards to Spawn in other mediums when 2 years ago you had Spawn appear in MK11 with Keith David returning to voice the character which fans have wanted that character for the longest time and then last year Spawn the Animated series was added to HBO Max and I think the interest was there in those instances. I wonder if Todd has had conversations with the studios that say did the recent Mortal Kombat animated movies (which admittedly aren't great imo though haven't seen the newest one that just released) or the Invincible guys to do something there to diversify the projects and for another if the live-action story still has the original pitch that Todd wants which is a story that isn't even about Spawn but about Twitch and have Spawn be this boogeyman that shows up which I'm not sure if folks want that but guess we'll see once things really get going.
    Todd’s long held idea of a Spawn boogeyman movie is probably one of the other driving forces why studios don’t want to give it a chance (the other being his desire to direct). I for one, know that a lot of old school Spawn fans I chat with at my LCS, we’ve spoken many times about Todd’s boogeyman idea for a Spawn movie.

It may work for a Netflix series, focusing on Twitch, but it would be a massive failure for a movie. Spawn fans may go see it, but casuals, once they hear that Spawn wouldn’t “really” be in it or it’s star, would get turned off.

Todd is an excellent businessman, but I feel that he’s his own worst enemy when it comes to a Spawn theatrical movie.

Mighty Member

An interesting conversation that Todd had with CBR here regarding the movie:

What sticks to me is this quote from that video -

He isn't wrong in thinking that, but I just find it interesting that all of the eggs are being put in the live-action movie basket with regards to Spawn in other mediums when 2 years ago you had Spawn appear in MK11 with Keith David returning to voice the character which fans have wanted that character for the longest time and then last year Spawn the Animated series was added to HBO Max and I think the interest was there in those instances. I wonder if Todd has had conversations with the studios that say did the recent Mortal Kombat animated movies (which admittedly aren't great imo though haven't seen the newest one that just released) or the Invincible guys to do something there to diversify the projects and for another if the live-action story still has the original pitch that Todd wants which is a story that isn't even about Spawn but about Twitch and have Spawn be this boogeyman that shows up which I'm not sure if folks want that but guess we'll see once things really get going.
    That script got delayed bro a new one is being formed

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    ToddÂ’s long held idea of a Spawn boogeyman movie is probably one of the other driving forces why studios donÂ’t want to give it a chance (the other being his desire to direct). I for one, know that a lot of old school Spawn fans I chat with at my LCS, weÂ’ve spoken many times about ToddÂ’s boogeyman idea for a Spawn movie.

It may work for a Netflix series, focusing on Twitch, but it would be a massive failure for a movie. Spawn fans may go see it, but casuals, once they hear that Spawn wouldn’t “really” be in it or it’s star, would get turned off.

Todd is an excellent businessman, but I feel that heÂ’s his own worst enemy when it comes to a Spawn theatrical movie.
    For sure I agree with all of that and I think Todd's reputation as a control freak is something that I think gets ahead of him for better or worse.

The Spawn boogeyman idea isn't bad per se, it just comes down to how its executed. With Todd as director, I don't have much faith in that, but in the hands of a more seasoned horror director (which hopefully they will get as they seem to be on the lookout now) that basically can make Spawn a force felt throughout the whole film without seeing him as much but his presence is there kinda like Godzilla in say his original film or Shin that can be really effective and I think you can do say the OG Billy Kincaid story that way and I'd get Sam Burke also be in the movie to have that known dynamic between Sam & Twitch as I never understood just why Twitch solo. We'll see as we are now in the second rewrite of the screenplay - the first being last year when Brian Tucker was brought on board to rewrite Todd's screenplay - with the three new writers and we seemingly have Jeremy Renner's involvement with the film tied to how this new draft comes out so it is going to be interesting to see what comes out of it and how much of the original screenplay's DNA will still be there when its all said and done.

Mighty Member

Yeah todd said that he wants a spawn cinematic universe if the movie succeeds with live action and animation tv shows and movies. We can even get video games. Todd also said he wants spawn to outlive him and continue like Batman,Superman,and spider-man did.

Mighty Member

Spawn 334 is out now Nyx is behind downing and his team meanwhile sinn fights violator
    Last edited by Toxin45; 10-12-2022 at 03:51 PM.

Fantastic Member

King Spawn #14 - a very talky issue here that by the end was rather meh. Clown reveals himself from the shadows and we get to know more about Ordeal, the creature working for Nightmare Spawn, as we find out he has been manipulating Terry's state of mind. We then get a lot of talk from Clown, Ordeal, and Raven Spawn with Raven saying that the boy fused with Komox is a Kingslayer so long as he knows who the proper king is which feels odd we are already having another kid being a kingslayer with the other kid in the Greenworld still around. That and I just don't really care for Komox and felt this issue could have done more in fleshing whatever he is out but maybe that will come in the future. Spawn and the Court look on to this unsuspecting group as Spawn doesn't really care about the plans they come up with just that whoever is leading the group is flushed out to take them all out. The issue ends as a distressed Terry tells someone on the phone that they need to take Al out now which unbeknownst to him is playing into Ordeal's & Clown's plans! Quite possibly the weakest issue of the series imo as it reiterates multiple times how much of a threat Al is which is tiresome. I like that the issue fleshed out Ordeal which suggests once we get to Nightmare Spawn being part of the story that Nightmare will be a big part of that as well as the continued focus on Terry is good and have been curious to see what will happen to him that I hope whatever it is doesn't take too long to pull the trigger. Raven Spawn I'm trying to care for as he seems to be wanting to do the right thing in containing the chaos Al started but given that prior to him appearing in this book, Raven was actually a transformation Al underwent in the Hellspawn book, it would have been nice to have used this issue to flesh out this version of Raven who is his own person given the amount of time he has been given so far. It could come later of course, but given that really not much happened here, it feels like a missed opportunity.

Spawn #334 - um...what?! Well, I can say I didn't see that ending coming. We pick up right where the last issue left off as Downing, Overtkill, and Haunt attack Al. Cygor shows up but turns on Al knocking him out as it has been established that Downing has made Cygor a sleeper agent this whole time. Meanwhile, at Omega Island, Sinn and Bludd arrive as Cadiclus continues to show them the way to the fissure when Sinn is attacked by Violator. In the news, the burned-down facility belonging to Cordelia and Exodus has been found by hikers as they try to piece together the purpose of the facility, and the surviving human scientist - Gerard Milner - is mentioned. At Downing HQ, Marc is angry at Downing for not having enough time to turn Al around when he is blocked going further by Overtkill and Cygor as on the other side we see Al tied up, Downing reveals he has not been a Hellspawn for a long time and we get the reveal of Downing's partner that legit shook Al. A really fast issue here but glad we got the reveal we have been waiting for that brings so many questions such as how this character is alive, why the character looks like that, what Downing means and his original plan, and why keep this a secret from the others. Very curious to see where things go from here. The stuff with Marc makes zero sense in his "anger" towards Downing considering how many chances, even just counting the main book alone, of wanting Al to team up but he couldn't give a crap about that to the point of kicking them out of his own base and you multiply that with the other books. Like Jessica and Downing at some point, you gotta move on. Given how much of a non-challenge Omega Island was to Gunslinger by himself in his own book, this is going to be a cakewalk for Sinn and Bludd unless something major happens. Interesting that the scientist, Milner, is being mentioned, and wondered if more will be done with him as I found it interesting he got so much background and time when first introduced and highlighted again in the aftermath of the Cordelia/Forsaken fight. A good and fast-paced issue here focusing more on Downing and his crew.

Mighty Member

King Spawn #14 - a very talky issue here that by the end was rather meh. Clown reveals himself from the shadows and we get to know more about Ordeal, the creature working for Nightmare Spawn, as we find out he has been manipulating Terry's state of mind. We then get a lot of talk from Clown, Ordeal, and Raven Spawn with Raven saying that the boy fused with Komox is a Kingslayer so long as he knows who the proper king is which feels odd we are already having another kid being a kingslayer with the other kid in the Greenworld still around. That and I just don't really care for Komox and felt this issue could have done more in fleshing whatever he is out but maybe that will come in the future. Spawn and the Court look on to this unsuspecting group as Spawn doesn't really care about the plans they come up with just that whoever is leading the group is flushed out to take them all out. The issue ends as a distressed Terry tells someone on the phone that they need to take Al out now which unbeknownst to him is playing into Ordeal's & Clown's plans! Quite possibly the weakest issue of the series imo as it reiterates multiple times how much of a threat Al is which is tiresome. I like that the issue fleshed out Ordeal which suggests once we get to Nightmare Spawn being part of the story that Nightmare will be a big part of that as well as the continued focus on Terry is good and have been curious to see what will happen to him that I hope whatever it is doesn't take too long to pull the trigger. Raven Spawn I'm trying to care for as he seems to be wanting to do the right thing in containing the chaos Al started but given that prior to him appearing in this book, Raven was actually a transformation Al underwent in the Hellspawn book, it would have been nice to have used this issue to flesh out this version of Raven who is his own person given the amount of time he has been given so far. It could come later of course, but given that really not much happened here, it feels like a missed opportunity.

Spawn #334 - um...what?! Well, I can say I didn't see that ending coming. We pick up right where the last issue left off as Downing, Overtkill, and Haunt attack Al. Cygor shows up but turns on Al knocking him out as it has been established that Downing has made Cygor a sleeper agent this whole time. Meanwhile, at Omega Island, Sinn and Bludd arrive as Cadiclus continues to show them the way to the fissure when Sinn is attacked by Violator. In the news, the burned-down facility belonging to Cordelia and Exodus has been found by hikers as they try to piece together the purpose of the facility, and the surviving human scientist - Gerard Milner - is mentioned. At Downing HQ, Marc is angry at Downing for not having enough time to turn Al around when he is blocked going further by Overtkill and Cygor as on the other side we see Al tied up, Downing reveals he has not been a Hellspawn for a long time and we get the reveal of Downing's partner that legit shook Al. A really fast issue here but glad we got the reveal we have been waiting for that brings so many questions such as how this character is alive, why the character looks like that, what Downing means and his original plan, and why keep this a secret from the others. Very curious to see where things go from here. The stuff with Marc makes zero sense in his "anger" towards Downing considering how many chances, even just counting the main book alone, of wanting Al to team up but he couldn't give a crap about that to the point of kicking them out of his own base and you multiply that with the other books. Like Jessica and Downing at some point, you gotta move on. Given how much of a non-challenge Omega Island was to Gunslinger by himself in his own book, this is going to be a cakewalk for Sinn and Bludd unless something major happens. Interesting that the scientist, Milner, is being mentioned, and wondered if more will be done with him as I found it interesting he got so much background and time when first introduced and highlighted again in the aftermath of the Cordelia/Forsaken fight. A good and fast-paced issue here focusing more on Downing and his crew.
    well sinn dosen't know that clown and violator being seprated look like Cadlius might betrary sinn and nyx looks like she saw the future of king spawn.

according to raven spawn's toy profile
    The demonic lord Kray-Von Gore, and one of Malebogia’s Death Knights, was credited with creation of the K7-Leetha as known as the Hellspawn Suit. The symbiotic suit that adapted itself to its host to create a Hellspawn. He was defeated and the suit was sealed away in the Necro-Stone. Anyone who found the stone was endowed with a Hellspawn suit and became a Spawn.

Mighty Member

Also new character in king spawn is coming in issue 16 called brimstone from the video game in the demon’s hand

Mighty Member

Also from the descriptions of 335-337 Nyx and downing want the dead zones open to save the world and by stealing Al’s powers and suit to open them again.

Fantastic Member

Gunslinger Spawn Year One - Gunslinger Spawn marks the only book in the Spawn Universe lineup that is focused on a single brand new Spawn character, the last new Spawn character to get his/her own book was the short-lived Godslayer Spawn in 2008 before it was canceled after 8 issues due to low sales, and has had the advantage of being built up as the character was introduced in the main book in 2020 with issue 308 and then got his own book in 2021 with the team of Todd McFarlane and Brett Booth. Now a year in, though unsure if the first arc is even over, how is the book? In my King Spawn Year One writeup I talked about how that book is the best book of the 4 books out right now with incredible art that is wholly unique to the other books and feels like an island on to itself where you can read that book alone and be completely fine. Gunslinger Spawn on the other hand is the exact opposite making it the worst book of the 4 by far in my opinion where most of the issues in its first year can be entirely skipped and you still have the same story and doesn't do its title character any favors as the book prefers, for the majority of its first year, to focus on other things besides fleshing out Gunslinger himself and shows the cracks in this Universe approach. Btw, if you are liking this book that is great as this is just my thoughts on the book so far.

Art is always subjective and I have made it known that I'm not the biggest fan of Brett Booth's art. Not that it is bad, but it's something I don't particularly equate with a Western character as it is more suited to a superhero feel. While the first few issues were okay, the art did take a notch up with changes to inkers and colorers around the point of issue 4 or so. The book is a pretty typical Todd book in that it is cool looking with single pagers and double pagers that have cool poses/actions that pop that at least a few pages in each issue will look great, but I feel like the art can also be interchangeable and feel like if the artists in the main book or Scorched swap with this one they wouldn't have a hard time keeping a similar tone and style which I feel is the biggest missed opportunity to provide a Western feeling book taking place in current times. I know the Hellspawn book happened in an alternate timeline/universe or something like that, but that had such a visually striking look like nothing else that made that book wholly unique that I wish the approach was similar here to put us in the shoes of Gunslinger as opposed to the present day/timeline defining the look of the book to keep in line with most of the Universe books. I felt the artist who did the Ales Kot backup in the first issue - Kevin Keane - did the art here as he had an interesting look that would have made it stand out. Not my preference at the end of the day but I see what they are going for and at least some of the new character designs I like such as Dakota and Saboteur.

As for character, oh boy, do we not have that much to talk about after a year of issues. Asking for a deep character in a Spawn book is a fool's errand, but after 12 issues we don't know anything new compared to when we started if your coming from reading his appearances in the main book, the Spawn Universe one-shot, and King Spawn back up and in fact, the book is actively avoiding showing anything of the Western past as we've only had a small handful of pages after 12 issues that don't shed much light of anything as they should and even less so of Gunslinger's past before he became a Spawn which was only the first 5 pages of issue 9. Compared to other books in the past when a Spawn was introduced and headlined a book, we get a feel for the character in a pretty quick and snappy way in a few issues that just isn't present here for one reason or another. The man-out-of-time humor element that pops up here and there honestly feels out of place when the humor it is going for is the lowest common denominator. What makes it all the worst is the story where the first two issues do more of a job of setting up Gunslinger's human sidekick Taylor, a kid that Gunslinger just takes with him, you have some dark angels conspiring to sort of court Gunslinger to their side, but then the Universe stuff derails everything as this book takes place a bit in the past compared to the other books. So what Todd felt was necessary was to do a 3 issue mini-arc on the Clown and how he came back followed by a one-shot that felt like half an issue that is followed by a 3 issue mini-arc that might as well have been the Scorched 0 that by the end of the first year you can actually read issues 1-3 and then skip all the way to issue 11 and not feel like you missed much of anything because in reality none of those skipped issues affects this particular book. The werewolf named Carnivore that Gunslinger was fighting in issue 7, Gunslinger was only half paying attention to so why should we? Why do a Clown mini-arc in this book when Clown has no history with Gunslinger and is now appearing in the main book and King Spawn? Let those books do the work with Clown who has ties with Al and Cog and there is even a line where after Gunslinger beats Clown and Omega Island, he says he'll tell Al about Clown when he sees him which he later does and even has a talking session with Spawn and New Redeemer only for in King Spawn #15 have Al say he has no idea how Clown came back so what was the point of wasting that time on this book? The Scorched side of things is even more baffling as once again we have Jessica and Al arguing about Al needing to trust others and forming a group and everything and this isn't necessary for a book called Gunslinger Spawn. I don't need Jessica, Al, Terry, Clown, Marc, or any other character that shows up in the other Universe books here. Use that time to flesh your main guy and his story out as opposed to using this book as an advertisement for another book which none of the other books do.

At the end of the first year, we have Gunslinger going on a hitlist to take out those that wronged him and his sister and is bringing Taylor along which I feel is what this book just needs to be but way too much time was wasted in the first year on things that either other books could have taken care of or just not touch on at all. Simple, straightforward, and give more context on Gunslinger's past as it is criminal the little we have gotten so far which feels like Todd hasn't learned anything from when he tried to debut Downing and that failed and just take the same approach as King Spawn and make this book an island unto itself because the real end goal of this character is to get back to his past which feels like it'll happen in one of the other books and not this one. Todd's writing can keep this going forever pretty easily, but this is a boring book that wastes a cool-looking character. Maybe with all of that past stuff on Scorched and Clown out of the way, the story can focus on just Gunslinger's adventures and hopefully it does as their are glimmers of something good here, but it is wasting that potential right now.

Bonus thought - looking at a specific double-page spread in issue 10 where Gunslinger is at Spawn HQ and sees Terry and Marc who are surrounded by monitors with different Spawns on them, I had one simple thought. Why in the world has Todd not yet relaunched Curse of the Spawn? Everyone being brought to the same timeline is honestly boring and robs us of stories about where these other Spawns are from. Imagine a one-shot on Dinosaur Spawn, a small arc on Ninja Spawn cause no book is using him at all currently, a new Pirate Spawn story, a detective Spawn story, a new Norse/Viking Spawn story, a luchador Spawn (also reading Do A Powerbomb and I can't help that lol) , etc... Just have it be a playground for writers/artists to present to Todd (if he needs to do his "Additional Dialogue" which I'm sure he'll do) and do cool stories in those character's respective timeline/world in whatever length they want whether its a one-shot story or multi-issue arc. Todd talks a mean game to bring different artists and writers on board, but this would be so cool to do and gets around a particular issue that Todd has noticed regarding new artists. He mentioned in the July ScreenRant interview that Toxin posted that its hard to court a new artist to do a monthly comic schedule because they can make their money elsewhere in this day and age which is something he himself admits he would do too. But this would be a way to get around that and introduce new voices and like the original Curse of the Spawn book it can touch on angelic characters or human characters too that if received well by fans can then be introduced in the other books and if not that is okay and just be a cool story.

Mighty Member

Gunslinger Spawn Year One - Gunslinger Spawn marks the only book in the Spawn Universe lineup that is focused on a single brand new Spawn character, the last new Spawn character to get his/her own book was the short-lived Godslayer Spawn in 2008 before it was canceled after 8 issues due to low sales, and has had the advantage of being built up as the character was introduced in the main book in 2020 with issue 308 and then got his own book in 2021 with the team of Todd McFarlane and Brett Booth. Now a year in, though unsure if the first arc is even over, how is the book? In my King Spawn Year One writeup I talked about how that book is the best book of the 4 books out right now with incredible art that is wholly unique to the other books and feels like an island on to itself where you can read that book alone and be completely fine. Gunslinger Spawn on the other hand is the exact opposite making it the worst book of the 4 by far in my opinion where most of the issues in its first year can be entirely skipped and you still have the same story and doesn't do its title character any favors as the book prefers, for the majority of its first year, to focus on other things besides fleshing out Gunslinger himself and shows the cracks in this Universe approach. Btw, if you are liking this book that is great as this is just my thoughts on the book so far.

Art is always subjective and I have made it known that I'm not the biggest fan of Brett Booth's art. Not that it is bad, but it's something I don't particularly equate with a Western character as it is more suited to a superhero feel. While the first few issues were okay, the art did take a notch up with changes to inkers and colorers around the point of issue 4 or so. The book is a pretty typical Todd book in that it is cool looking with single pagers and double pagers that have cool poses/actions that pop that at least a few pages in each issue will look great, but I feel like the art can also be interchangeable and feel like if the artists in the main book or Scorched swap with this one they wouldn't have a hard time keeping a similar tone and style which I feel is the biggest missed opportunity to provide a Western feeling book taking place in current times. I know the Hellspawn book happened in an alternate timeline/universe or something like that, but that had such a visually striking look like nothing else that made that book wholly unique that I wish the approach was similar here to put us in the shoes of Gunslinger as opposed to the present day/timeline defining the look of the book to keep in line with most of the Universe books. I felt the artist who did the Ales Kot backup in the first issue - Kevin Keane - did the art here as he had an interesting look that would have made it stand out. Not my preference at the end of the day but I see what they are going for and at least some of the new character designs I like such as Dakota and Saboteur.

As for character, oh boy, do we not have that much to talk about after a year of issues. Asking for a deep character in a Spawn book is a fool's errand, but after 12 issues we don't know anything new compared to when we started if your coming from reading his appearances in the main book, the Spawn Universe one-shot, and King Spawn back up and in fact, the book is actively avoiding showing anything of the Western past as we've only had a small handful of pages after 12 issues that don't shed much light of anything as they should and even less so of Gunslinger's past before he became a Spawn which was only the first 5 pages of issue 9. Compared to other books in the past when a Spawn was introduced and headlined a book, we get a feel for the character in a pretty quick and snappy way in a few issues that just isn't present here for one reason or another. The man-out-of-time humor element that pops up here and there honestly feels out of place when the humor it is going for is the lowest common denominator. What makes it all the worst is the story where the first two issues do more of a job of setting up Gunslinger's human sidekick Taylor, a kid that Gunslinger just takes with him, you have some dark angels conspiring to sort of court Gunslinger to their side, but then the Universe stuff derails everything as this book takes place a bit in the past compared to the other books. So what Todd felt was necessary was to do a 3 issue mini-arc on the Clown and how he came back followed by a one-shot that felt like half an issue that is followed by a 3 issue mini-arc that might as well have been the Scorched 0 that by the end of the first year you can actually read issues 1-3 and then skip all the way to issue 11 and not feel like you missed much of anything because in reality none of those skipped issues affects this particular book. The werewolf named Carnivore that Gunslinger was fighting in issue 7, Gunslinger was only half paying attention to so why should we? Why do a Clown mini-arc in this book when Clown has no history with Gunslinger and is now appearing in the main book and King Spawn? Let those books do the work with Clown who has ties with Al and Cog and there is even a line where after Gunslinger beats Clown and Omega Island, he says he'll tell Al about Clown when he sees him which he later does and even has a talking session with Spawn and New Redeemer only for in King Spawn #15 have Al say he has no idea how Clown came back so what was the point of wasting that time on this book? The Scorched side of things is even more baffling as once again we have Jessica and Al arguing about Al needing to trust others and forming a group and everything and this isn't necessary for a book called Gunslinger Spawn. I don't need Jessica, Al, Terry, Clown, Marc, or any other character that shows up in the other Universe books here. Use that time to flesh your main guy and his story out as opposed to using this book as an advertisement for another book which none of the other books do.

At the end of the first year, we have Gunslinger going on a hitlist to take out those that wronged him and his sister and is bringing Taylor along which I feel is what this book just needs to be but way too much time was wasted in the first year on things that either other books could have taken care of or just not touch on at all. Simple, straightforward, and give more context on Gunslinger's past as it is criminal the little we have gotten so far which feels like Todd hasn't learned anything from when he tried to debut Downing and that failed and just take the same approach as King Spawn and make this book an island unto itself because the real end goal of this character is to get back to his past which feels like it'll happen in one of the other books and not this one. Todd's writing can keep this going forever pretty easily, but this is a boring book that wastes a cool-looking character. Maybe with all of that past stuff on Scorched and Clown out of the way, the story can focus on just Gunslinger's adventures and hopefully it does as their are glimmers of something good here, but it is wasting that potential right now.

Bonus thought - looking at a specific double-page spread in issue 10 where Gunslinger is at Spawn HQ and sees Terry and Marc who are surrounded by monitors with different Spawns on them, I had one simple thought. Why in the world has Todd not yet relaunched Curse of the Spawn? Everyone being brought to the same timeline is honestly boring and robs us of stories about where these other Spawns are from. Imagine a one-shot on Dinosaur Spawn, a small arc on Ninja Spawn cause no book is using him at all currently, a new Pirate Spawn story, a detective Spawn story, a new Norse/Viking Spawn story, a luchador Spawn (also reading Do A Powerbomb and I can't help that lol) , etc... Just have it be a playground for writers/artists to present to Todd (if he needs to do his "Additional Dialogue" which I'm sure he'll do) and do cool stories in those character's respective timeline/world in whatever length they want whether its a one-shot story or multi-issue arc. Todd talks a mean game to bring different artists and writers on board, but this would be so cool to do and gets around a particular issue that Todd has noticed regarding new artists. He mentioned in the July ScreenRant interview that Toxin posted that its hard to court a new artist to do a monthly comic schedule because they can make their money elsewhere in this day and age which is something he himself admits he would do too. But this would be a way to get around that and introduce new voices and like the original Curse of the Spawn book it can touch on angelic characters or human characters too that if received well by fans can then be introduced in the other books and if not that is okay and just be a cool story.
    Well he was Jeremy Winston in spawn’s issues 174-175 and on amazon gunslinger spawn 13 has 60 star ratings somehow. They seem to change his origin with him having been a guy named javiar who lived in his peaceful life with his family then the winterstones ruined it and corrupted his sister Amy.

Scorched 10 had curse being k and soul crusher becoming more insane after natasha died.

We are also getting 12 more spawn universe books one of them being a she-spawn series after it was teased.

Also metioned in spawning grounds that ninja spawn will eventually appear in the books and that the books do take place in the same universe but not necessarily the same time and Gunsligner is a little behind set after the events of spawn universe but before scorched#1 for the first 10 issues
    Last edited by Toxin45; 10-17-2022 at 07:58 PM.

Incredible Member

Gunslinger 13 was probably the most boring issue of this run so far. Really wondering how much mileage Todd can squeeze out of this story.

Incidentally, after Re-reading the original Gunslinger origin over the weekend, I come to realize I prefer the David Hine origin/issues for Gunslinger.

Art was good though.
    Last edited by Blanks; 10-19-2022 at 09:58 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    Gunslinger 13 was probably the most boring issue of this run so far. Really wondering how much mileage Todd can squeeze out of this story.

Incidentally, after Re-reading the original Gunslinger origin over the weekend, I come to realize I prefer the David Hine origin/issues for Gunslinger.

Art was good though.
    Well I say however long they want doesn’t matter if sales drop for the four series unless he changes his mind and made relaunch’s like spider-man and Batman does

Mighty Member

Like Nyx and downing will become more antagonistic in each issue now

Astonishing Member

Does anyone know if the Violater Mini Series is included in the Spawn Origins TPB´s ?