Page 109 of 126 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1876

Thread: Spawn

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Does anyone know if the Violater Mini Series is included in the Spawn Origins TPBīs ?
    No it doesn’t have it sorry

Incredible Member

Does anyone know if the Violater Mini Series is included in the Spawn Origins TPBīs ?
    The Violator mini, Bloodfued Mini nor the Angela Mini series and one shot (for obvious reasons) are not collected in the Origins nor the recent large Complete collections either. Honestly, I don’t think I’ve ever seen TPB collecting neither Violator nor Bloodfued.

Now that I think about it, neither has the Cygor or Spawn The impaler mini series either.
    Last edited by Blanks; 10-20-2022 at 06:37 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    The Violator mini, Bloodfued Mini nor the Angela Mini series and one shot (for obvious reasons) are not collected in the Origins nor the recent large Complete collections either. Honestly, I don’t think I’ve ever seen TPB collecting neither Violator nor Bloodfued.

Now that I think about it, neither has the Cygor or Spawn The impaler mini series either.
    I wonder who makes choices like this, and why??

Mighty Member

The editor said that it will take time to get them all

Mighty Member

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...manspawn_1_on/

Also Thomas healy also has a twitter account and is blaquebox in reddit. he is one of the editors of spawn.

You're better off just tracking down the single issues of Violator, Bloodfued, and Angela. Alan Moore and Neil Gaimen wrote all those mini series - and being that they (and the characters involved) were tied up in court with McFarlane for years - those series likely wont ever get collected. They are all some of the best issues in the entire history of Spawn as well...
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    You're better off just tracking down the single issues of Violator, Bloodfued, and Angela. Alan Moore and Neil Gaimen wrote all those mini series - and being that they (and the characters involved) were tied up in court with McFarlane for years - those series likely wont ever get collected. They are all some of the best issues in the entire history of Spawn as well...
    Didn’t sansker show up in spawn 301?

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Didn’t sansker show up in spawn 301?
    Not sure. Angela is the big one.
    Plus I dont see McFarlane just releasing a collection of all the stories written/created by the people who had him in court for years.
    I could be wrong though.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    Not sure. Angela is the big one.
    Plus I dont see McFarlane just releasing a collection of all the stories written/created by the people who had him in court for years.
    I could be wrong though.
    I am pretty sure sansker shows up in 301 just with a different design and also Nyx is back

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post

That is a really good point, especially regarding Cygor and Spawn the Impaler as I never realized until just now that they have never been collected. Also, Sansker did show up in issue 301 for a brief fight with Al.

Violator vs Badrock (not the original Violator mini-series) and the Angela mini-series were collected in TPB back in 1994/1995. For some reason the Angela TPB had two different names - Spawn Angela's Hunt and Spawn Series: Angela Volume 1 - so I bought both at that time thinking for some reason they were different lol. Doubt they will ever see a rerelease like Destro mentioned.

New book alert as with the January 2023 solicitations out we have word of a brand new 2 issue mini series called Spawn Unwanted Violence. It'll be written by Todd McFarlane with art by Mike Del Mundo.

MINISERIES PREMIERE Information can be one of the most valuable resources in the world. It can also be one of the most difficult to obtain. Luckily for Spawn, he has the FREAK. The Freak is a master of getting what he needs out of a subject. But as the Freak works at extracting the whereabouts of "File F," Al witnesses an act of senseless VIOLENCE-one that he can't ignore. The writing of TODD McFARLANE meets the incredible art of MIKE DEL MUNDO in SPAWN: UNWANTED VIOLENCE, a two-part miniseries that forces Spawn to confront the very nature of good and evil!
    Last edited by HellsRider; 10-22-2022 at 03:09 PM.

Mighty Member

Scorched 11 is out now

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Overall its a similar thought I have had for some time now and even the King Spawn book itself even brought up this possibility which is why Al asked Terry to put him down if Al is too far gone and even the main book is looking to touch on similar ideas with the current Sinn arc. The reality is that Al thought he would die once and for all with the second symbiote bomb in 300/301 at least knowing he took down his wife's murder, Clown, and that others would take over. When that didn't happen, Al has basically been grasping at the one thing he has been good at - the fight/the war - but he just doesn't see an end to it because that is all he has been doing made worse with no human connection to really care for compared to the early days of the series and him not trusting others is symptomatic of that. The preview for the next issue of the main book has the character that appeared at the end of the last issue point blank ask Al why he never looked into what happened to the character which the old Al would have. While cliche the idea of - you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain - seems more and more to apply with Al. Clown and Redeemer mentioned a future ruled by Al, while Marc, Downing, and Priest mentioned a need to create a group/army because they see how self-destructive Al is with his going solo approach, and even the main book in several instances have shown Al just exhausted and ask the question of how long he can keep it up going solo with no real answer to it. We know Al isn't getting a happy ending which is why I loved the last page of the end of the Armageddon arc as a perfect end to Al who won the fight and saved everyone but couldn't save himself. Now we are getting to a point where it feels like someone needs to put him down before he destroys himself and everything in between or Al gets some big epiphany that changes his complete outlook at least that is what I think.

Had a chance to re-read the 3 issue arc on Jessica Priest in Curse of the Spawn in the last few days. They came out around the time the movie came out so it actually is about how Priest got a hold of Heat-16 the device that Wynn uses in the movie. Felt like I needed a shower after reading those issues, especially with those lover siblings and seeing sociopathic Priest just kill people since she was little in addition to other moments in her life who sang while doing those things before being picked up by Wynn and having a family as a cover feels more believable than the current Priest they made far more sympathetic with having an actual daughter and husband along with having her family alive though distant by her choice even before she became a Spawn. Feels like they took all the grittiness and darkness out of the character with the current version of her.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    Overall its a similar thought I have had for some time now and even the King Spawn book itself even brought up this possibility which is why Al asked Terry to put him down if Al is too far gone and even the main book is looking to touch on similar ideas with the current Sinn arc. The reality is that Al thought he would die once and for all with the second symbiote bomb in 300/301 at least knowing he took down his wife's murder, Clown, and that others would take over. When that didn't happen, Al has basically been grasping at the one thing he has been good at - the fight/the war - but he just doesn't see an end to it because that is all he has been doing made worse with no human connection to really care for compared to the early days of the series and him not trusting others is symptomatic of that. The preview for the next issue of the main book has the character that appeared at the end of the last issue point blank ask Al why he never looked into what happened to the character which the old Al would have. While cliche the idea of - you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain - seems more and more to apply with Al. Clown and Redeemer mentioned a future ruled by Al, while Marc, Downing, and Priest mentioned a need to create a group/army because they see how self-destructive Al is with his going solo approach, and even the main book in several instances have shown Al just exhausted and ask the question of how long he can keep it up going solo with no real answer to it. We know Al isn't getting a happy ending which is why I loved the last page of the end of the Armageddon arc as a perfect end to Al who won the fight and saved everyone but couldn't save himself. Now we are getting to a point where it feels like someone needs to put him down before he destroys himself and everything in between or Al gets some big epiphany that changes his complete outlook at least that is what I think.

Had a chance to re-read the 3 issue arc on Jessica Priest in Curse of the Spawn in the last few days. They came out around the time the movie came out so it actually is about how Priest got a hold of Heat-16 the device that Wynn uses in the movie. Felt like I needed a shower after reading those issues, especially with those lover siblings and seeing sociopathic Priest just kill people since she was little in addition to other moments in her life who sang while doing those things before being picked up by Wynn and having a family as a cover feels more believable than the current Priest they made far more sympathetic with having an actual daughter and husband along with having her family alive though distant by her choice even before she became a Spawn. Feels like they took all the grittiness and darkness out of the character with the current version of her.
    Problem with that is Todd wants spawn to outlive him and keeping the ending in secret up to the grave like spider-man,Batman,and Superman did since you know they are still ongoing. Plus the 12 more books thing.

Like Jessica’s backstory got retconned and the new scorched had soul crusher vs medieval spawn with al watching in the background guess Todd and co wanted her to become a good guy now so she reformed.
    Last edited by Toxin45; 10-26-2022 at 11:47 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    Reading the most recent issue of Scorched, it hit me, all the writers have been referring to medieval Spawn just as Medieval. I’d thought by now that he would correct them and tell Al or Jessica, that his name is John of York.

Just something I noticed in the latest issue that hit me.

As per your point about Jessica, part of me thinks (or accepts this reasoning since Spawn has so many story contradictions) that when Al recreated the world post Armageddon, the works got retconned as well. Sone of hid past and other characters past, as such. Such as Chapel being totally removed from existence, any association with Youngblood, and Priests backstory altered.

Priests backstory from Curse of the Spawn never sat well with me, so I’m glad it got altered.

Also, that makes me think of something else; I wonder if we’ll ever see Daniel Spawn, from the Curse of the Spawn future, pulled here to the current timeline like other Spawns were. I’d much rather read about him than Gunslinger…
    Last edited by Blanks; 10-27-2022 at 09:52 AM.