Page 11 of 125 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Spawn

Yeah it was a bit wierd.

I kinda took it as meaning that the "Angelic" form of Jim was Al. Similar to how he looks more demonic when possessed by the symbiote. Not that Al actually is Jim, which is backed up by Al saying "Jims not here", implying he was before.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Yeah it was a bit wierd.

I kinda took it as meaning that the "Angelic" form of Jim was Al. Similar to how he looks more demonic when possessed by the symbiote. Not that Al actually is Jim, which is backed up by Al saying "Jims not here", implying he was before.

Wasnt Jim originally an imagination-made-real by Simmons long b4 Simmons presumed suicide?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCollector View Post
    Just read 246, and Jim Downing is Al Simmons!!! Holy crap, did not see that coming.

Or Al is inside Jim, it wasn't really explained.
    Luvd dat reveal...but cm'on buddy, spoiler tags...spoiler tags.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Wasnt Jim originally an imagination-made-real by Simmons long b4 Simmons presumed suicide?

No, he was one of the souls that comprised the Legion. Al just took on his form waaaay back in #3. Presumably everything we know about Jim so far still holds true.

So was Al inside Jim possessing him or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    So was Al inside Jim possessing him or something?
    Seems that way. Jim went all Super Sayian in his angel form and gave a Juggernaut "dont you know who i am? Im Al Simmons bitch!" speech.

Amazing Member

Christmas came early for a brief period of time in the latest issue, the question is, will Simmons now be quiet until #250 or will he continue to use Jim as a skin suit.

Oh, and I thought it was cute that Marc and Susan were watching the Walking Dead when Jim called, and while it was the show they were watching, the show was based on the comic since they were wearing the prison jumpsuits.
    Funny Books That Currently Have My Attention (for now): Can't think of a single one...

Awesome issue and glad to see things finally coming together. One thing I didn't get was this Jim now seemed to know things he didn't before unless that was Al's Jim and we will deal with the multiple personality bit for the next few issues.

I do hope we get a nice battle in 250 between Al and Bludd.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    The road to 250 continues as we now know details on issue 247 out in early September.

I've seen this somewhere already. years ago. I really hate that Todd thinks it's okay to reuse art from older issues of spawn in comics he draws
    Last edited by prismablue; 09-11-2014 at 03:22 PM.

Amazing Member

Based on interviews with Todd, I get a feeling that the way he sees it, its his comic and whatever he does with his own property is ok since it is his.

But personally, maybe I'm thinking of a different issue than you are, but I just see similarities, I wouldn't say it's a duplicate.
    Funny Books That Currently Have My Attention (for now): Can't think of a single one...

Which issue cover does 247 look similar to?...

Not sure about the pencils buts its definetly a new piece regarding McFarlanes inks and FCOs colours.

Amazing Member

I have all the issue's on my tablet, and I looked through them last night and none have had that cover.

That's not saying it isn't an old piece of art, but it's certainly never been used on a Spawn cover before, unless on a variant.

But then, alot of issue's have pretty similar covers, especially in the poses, so you might just be remembering one of them.

Yeah, probably an old piece of art and people are crying over it. To me that is an awesome looking cover.

I can't wait for the next few issues. The last ish really got me pumped up.

Amazing Member

Found it! The pencils to that cover are in Capullos art book. last page.