Page 117 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 1879

Thread: Spawn

Incredible Member

How can one be lazy if one is not enjoying the content? Seriously? Do you have money you are free to waste on frivolous things? I’m not going to waste money on content I’m not enjoying. I’ve nearly dropped 95 percent of the comics I’ve collected the past decade because they no longer bring me joy.

What a very arrogant, holy than thou, way of thinking coming from you.

Besides, I’m sure Todd will probably produced omnibus later down the line for Gunslinger and all the other books too. Plus there are individual trades being pumped out. It’ll be easy to catch up. I just don’t care for these monthly purchases anymore.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    How can one be lazy if one is not enjoying the content? Seriously? Do you have money you are free to waste on frivolous things? I’m not going to waste money on content I’m not enjoying. I’ve nearly dropped 95 percent of the comics I’ve collected the past decade because they no longer bring me joy.

What a very arrogant, holy than thou, way of thinking coming from you.

Besides, I’m sure Todd will probably produced omnibus later down the line for Gunslinger and all the other books too. Plus there are individual trades being pumped out. It’ll be easy to catch up. I just don’t care for these monthly purchases anymore.
    Well sorry if you can’t enjoy it is because I have been caught up on all series bro and more volumes are coming.

King spawn is reaching 25 issues and still ongoing same with the others. Besides it is volume 3 of king spawn is coming out along with scorched volume coming out in July.

Anyways Simon pure’s brother Solomon pure might be coming back

Mighty Member

https://discord.com/channels/1024364...83533520695357

Here is a spawn discord fan server for fans.

Is Haunt in every issue of Scorched? I’ve always liked the character. Thanks.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine322 View Post
    Is Haunt in every issue of Scorched? I’ve always liked the character. Thanks.
    Well no he shows up in the main series recently and he only shows up in a few issues of scorched.

Mighty Member

King spawn 24 and gunslinger 22 are now out alongside spawn 343

Fantastic Member

New books alert as Todd just had his panel at San Diego Comic-Con where he announced 5 new titles coming between this year and 2024 but no word yet on which will be mini-series and which will be ongoing but we can guess on some of them - https://bleedingcool.com/comics/todd...ego-comic-con/

New Gunslinger Spawn series - the creative team here is Jimmy Palmiotti and Patric Reynolds - and will follow the title character getting sucked from the modern-day back to the American Civil War. Pretty much guarantees that the current Gunslinger Spawn series will be ending soon to make way for this follow-up title which is fine with me. Palmiotti can write a western in his sleep so he's a perfect fit and while I'm unfamiliar with Patric's art I did do a quick Google search on that and I like what I see. Honestly feels like this is what the Gunslinger book should have been all along.

New Sam & Twitch series - the creative team here is Todd McFarlane and Syzmon Kudranski - said to have a movie feel I wouldn't be surprised if Todd uses this to storyboard the Spawn movie which is certainly on indefinite hold due to the strike. A new Sam & Twitch book has been talked about since 2018 with the plan then being an 8-issue series that would tie into the film so we'll see if that original DNA will still be there and this will mark the first time that Todd himself will be writing a Sam & Twitch book.

Misery - the creative team here is also Todd McFarlane and Syzmon Kudranski - the Cyan-focused book where she is all grown up with powers where she can affect people's emotions and pain with just a touch, and make them feel others' pain. Though she also feels it at the same time. This was also talked about back in 2018 and honestly don't care about this. Todd hasn't done anything with Cyan in all this time (yes she was just reintroduced in the recent King Spawn arc but I haven't been given reason to care about the character and I have a lot to say at the disappointing direction King Spawn has gone in soon) that I'm not sure why Todd is still pursuing the idea especially when back when this was originally announced it was supposed to have a Me Too element to it which Todd doesn't have the writing chops for that at all. If Todd wants a female lead book just do a Jessica Priest or Jessica Priest/Nyx book, I mean the idea is right there and no The Scorched is not a She Spawn book and has never been one.

Spawn Kills Every Spawn - the creative team here is John Layman and Rob Duenes - said to be baby-on-baby violence and fun as hell. Feels like something in the vein of Spawn Kills Everyone which was horrible with just a bunch of poop and lowest-common-denominator jokes, but with the writer of Chew hopefully, it will be better than that.

No Home Here - the creative team here is Jonathan Glapion and Daniel Henriques - said to take place in the future. Glapion says it takes place in the Spawn universe, stuff not touched upon. Billy Kincaid will be a main focus. His last victim is being forced to relive her death over and over again. Color me curious about this one as I'm unsure what to expect, but I like the art they showed and this feels fresh as I wonder if maybe we'll touch on the future time with Raptor from 306-307. Could be the sleeper hit out of the whole list.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    New books alert as Todd just had his panel at San Diego Comic-Con where he announced 5 new titles coming between this year and 2024 but no word yet on which will be mini-series and which will be ongoing but we can guess on some of them - https://bleedingcool.com/comics/todd...ego-comic-con/

New Gunslinger Spawn series - the creative team here is Jimmy Palmiotti and Patric Reynolds - and will follow the title character getting sucked from the modern-day back to the American Civil War. Pretty much guarantees that the current Gunslinger Spawn series will be ending soon to make way for this follow-up title which is fine with me. Palmiotti can write a western in his sleep so he's a perfect fit and while I'm unfamiliar with Patric's art I did do a quick Google search on that and I like what I see. Honestly feels like this is what the Gunslinger book should have been all along.

New Sam & Twitch series - the creative team here is Todd McFarlane and Syzmon Kudranski - said to have a movie feel I wouldn't be surprised if Todd uses this to storyboard the Spawn movie which is certainly on indefinite hold due to the strike. A new Sam & Twitch book has been talked about since 2018 with the plan then being an 8-issue series that would tie into the film so we'll see if that original DNA will still be there and this will mark the first time that Todd himself will be writing a Sam & Twitch book.

Misery - the creative team here is also Todd McFarlane and Syzmon Kudranski - the Cyan-focused book where she is all grown up with powers where she can affect people's emotions and pain with just a touch, and make them feel others' pain. Though she also feels it at the same time. This was also talked about back in 2018 and honestly don't care about this. Todd hasn't done anything with Cyan in all this time (yes she was just reintroduced in the recent King Spawn arc but I haven't been given reason to care about the character and I have a lot to say at the disappointing direction King Spawn has gone in soon) that I'm not sure why Todd is still pursuing the idea especially when back when this was originally announced it was supposed to have a Me Too element to it which Todd doesn't have the writing chops for that at all. If Todd wants a female lead book just do a Jessica Priest or Jessica Priest/Nyx book, I mean the idea is right there and no The Scorched is not a She Spawn book and has never been one.

Spawn Kills Every Spawn - the creative team here is John Layman and Rob Duenes - said to be baby-on-baby violence and fun as hell. Feels like something in the vein of Spawn Kills Everyone which was horrible with just a bunch of poop and lowest-common-denominator jokes, but with the writer of Chew hopefully, it will be better than that.

No Home Here - the creative team here is Jonathan Glapion and Daniel Henriques - said to take place in the future. Glapion says it takes place in the Spawn universe, stuff not touched upon. Billy Kincaid will be a main focus. His last victim is being forced to relive her death over and over again. Color me curious about this one as I'm unsure what to expect, but I like the art they showed and this feels fresh as I wonder if maybe we'll touch on the future time with Raptor from 306-307. Could be the sleeper hit out of the whole list.
    The main gunslinger series is still ongoing this one is a prequel series. Misery is getting her own series first bro. Looks like brimestone is coming in king spawn 27. Like Sean does want a Nyx and Jessica book are you caught up?

I already posted this news btw with October solications of image also she spawn in scorched is not herself also editor from spawning grounds mail said she spawn will get her own series eventually so just be paicent
    Last edited by Toxin45; 07-22-2023 at 12:27 PM.

Mighty Member

Actually Jason Blum said they are aiming for a possible 2025 release for the remake
    Last edited by Toxin45; 07-23-2023 at 03:58 PM.

They should make an ongoing team-up book with Spawn and Haunt.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    They should make an ongoing team-up book with Spawn and Haunt.
    Sure they are hints of medevial spawn series,she-spawn series,redeemer series,a team up of She-spawn(Jesscia) and Scion (Nyx),and a soul crusher and reaper team up.

Mighty Member

Interesting future Spawn titles revealed.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    When it says Kincaids ‘last’ victim, I wonder if it means the last kid Billy killed from issue 5 before Al killed him and hung him in Sam and Twitchs’ office?

That’s taking it waaaaaaaaaaaay back.

Speaking of reaching back, I had thought it would have been cool if they would Have revealed that the woman that Al saved way back in issue 1 was revealed to have been Nyx. That would have been a cool retcon.
    Last edited by Blanks; 07-28-2023 at 07:16 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    When it says Kincaids “last” victim, I wonder if it means the last kid Billy killed from issue 5 before Al killed him and hung him in Sam and Twitch’s office?

ThatÂ’s taking it waaaaaaaaaaaay back.

Speaking of reaching back, I had thought it would have been cool if they would HS e revealed that the woman that Al saved way back in issue 1 was Nyx. That would have been a cool retcon.
    Nah i think we don't need it right now
    Last edited by Toxin45; 07-28-2023 at 07:35 PM.

Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

I'm absolutely loving Scorched and Gunslinger Spawn and these have become my two favorite comics since....well... probably Crossgen Comics back in the early 2000's. The regular Spawn book is fun and I can't wait to see what these new books recently bring to the fold. Personally, King Spawn has been a little weak in both art and story, but I'm loving everything else. Todd really seems to want to build an entire line of comics and flesh out a universe to go up against DC and Marvel.