Page 12 of 126 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Spawn

Quote Originally Posted by TheCollector View Post
    Just read 246, and Jim Downing is Al Simmons!!! Holy crap, did not see that coming.

Or Al is inside Jim, it wasn't really explained.
    Arrrrrrrgggghhhhh! Needed a spoiler heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by prismablue View Post
    Found it! The pencils to that cover are in Capullos art book. last page.
    I don't mind seeing unused Capullo art. Can't go wrong with that.
    Current Pulls for DC/Vertigo: Batman, Justice League
    Image: Manifest Destiny, East of West, Low, The Wicked & The Divine, Injection, Tokyo Ghost
    Valiant: Harbinger/Imperium
    Other: Letter 44, Lady Mechanika, Tarot

They really need to get theyre asses in gear with the Spawn Hardcovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Knight View Post
    They really need to get theyre asses in gear with the Spawn Hardcovers.
    Todd mentioned in the last letters page that theyre considering a rebranding. Again...

Fantastic Member

Yeah they said that once the new team starts they'll see what they will do.

Solicits for Image's December 2014 are out and Spawn 250 is conspicuously absent from it. Guess we'll have to wait till next year to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Todd mentioned in the last letters page that theyre considering a rebranding. Again...
    Jeez. That is ridiculously annoying as hell. I wish they would finish collecting Hine's run already.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    Yeah they said that once the new team starts they'll see what they will do.

Solicits for Image's December 2014 are out and Spawn 250 is conspicuously absent from it. Guess we'll have to wait till next year to get it.
    Or they want to keep it secret for now, because of what happens in it. Or the whole solicits haven't been released yet. Or maybe it really has been delayed, who knows.

Ugh. That's . . . frustrating. It seems like they can never finish a full run of collections. It's like they get to a certain point and then start over again. I love the "Origins" hardcovers and stayed up on them, getting each one as they came out. Very disappointing.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Fantastic Member

Or they want to keep it secret for now, because of what happens in it. Or the whole solicits haven't been released yet. Or maybe it really has been delayed, who knows.
    Maybe. Well we know Al comes back in it and I think thats all that really needs to be said. Part of the solicit can be - "When the dust settles after the epic battle between Jim and Bludd the impossible happens. Al Simmons, the original Spawn, returns setting the stage for the future of the Spawn mythos. Plus, take a sneak peek at the new creative team that will be building the new dark road for the series!" Or something like that lol. My best guess, they haven't finalized who the new team will be as they are supposed to make their debut on 250 and I'm sure Todd would want to make a big deal about it.

Amazing Member

Y'know, speaking of collections, I find it easier to just collect all the cbr files on the computer. Trades are great, but some are such a pain to find, and when a series has over a hundred issues they really take up a lot of space. lol. I have all 246 issues of spawn and every mini series on my comp and tablet and can read them all every time I go out. Though I'd have to be out for two weeks each time to read all that, lol.

Y'know, speaking of collections, I find it easier to just collect all the cbr files on the computer. Trades are great, but some are such a pain to find, and when a series has over a hundred issues they really take up a lot of space. lol. I have all 246 issues of spawn and every mini series on my comp and tablet and can read them all every time I go out. Though I'd have to be out for two weeks each time to read all that, lol.
    Maybe some folks just dont want to take part in an illegal activity.
    Or admit to said illegal activity on a forum in which doing so (and actively encouraging it) is against the ToS.

I will fucking flip if that is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Jeez. That is ridiculously annoying as hell. I wish they would finish collecting Hine's run already.
    This.

So, yeah, a Spawn fan film was released recently. I'm assuming the Witch is supposed to be Nyx.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

secretsubscriber

I'm looking forward to the series going digital and a new creative team. I enjoy the tone and the art of the series since issue 201, but as some mentioned earlier in the thread, the series could use an editor. I've pondered dropping the series a couple of times and have reread the Downing story arc from the beginning to see if it could hold me interest if read over the course of a few days instead of piecemeal over a few years and while the plot and art keep me going, there are a lot of places where the writing just plods on without really moving the story forward.

When is the new issue out?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Knight View Post
    When is the new issue out?
    Should be out next week. Todd posted a few preview pages on his Facebook page a few weeks ago (just art no words) that looked like a call back to issue 50.

247 was supposed to come out last week or the week before, but I'm sure Kudranski getting the call to do a good part of Superman Doomed #2 delayed things with Spawn.