Page 15 of 126 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Spawn

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack00 View Post
    True it didn't have a big master plot in the making, and to be honest that's what I found the coolest about it. It was just random/bizzare/interesting things happening that would take 2-3 or 4 issues to resolve, nothing grandiose or mythos reshaping event. With Cog taking the throne of hell (too bad they didn't go further with that because of copyright issues), redeemer trapped in hell, Nyx using the symbiot to search hell for her friend, Spawn using big ass guns again, I thought that was awesome.

My biggest problem is how almost everything we thought we knew about the spawn mythos was just flushed down the toilet after #150. They changed so many things that made what spawn is to that date that it felt like a giant FU for everything that I had read about Spawn. They should of just rebooted the serie after the armegeddon arc, the book was barely the shadow of itself after that.
    I disagree with the "mythos flushed down the toilet after 150." If anything it picked up a major plot point planted very early on - that Spawn has to prevent Armageddon and be the Earth's champion. This was planted when the Greenworld was introduced, but after Malebolgia died it seemed the series had no interest in pursuing that despite it being a very logical goal for being the next big plot point. I'm actually surprised that outside of the Kingdom arc, Heaven wasn't as big into the series as I would have thought until Armageddon. You would think that Al killing one of the devils of the eight circles would be reason enough for heavenly forces to come and be focused on and that would have been very interesting. I do agree though that the series probably should have been rebooted after the Armageddon arc.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    I personally found 100-149 to be the weakest era of Spawn. It just had no direction.
    100% Agreed.

Fantastic Member

With Image's January 2015 solicits out we have details about Spawn 250. It'll be a triple sized issue, 6 covers, and a price tag of $5.99. It will wrap up the Jim Downing story which I have absolutely no idea how that is even possible with so many lose threads to wrap up in the next few issues and Al's back. Keep in mind the new team of Brian Wood and Jonboy Meyers will appear here too in the issue's epilogue.

This HUGE, TRIPLE-SIZED 250th ANNIVERSARY ISSUE marks only the second time an independent comic book has reached such a lofty number! This issue marks the cataclysmic climax in the story of the current Spawn: Jim Downing's final struggle against his costume while the fate of New York City lies in the balance. From the ashes of that battlefield comes the long awaited return of the original Spawn… AL SIMMONS.

The celebration of this anniversary issue will feature covers from TODD MCFARLANE, GREG CAPULLO (Batman), SKOTTIE YOUNG (Rocket Raccoon), JOCK (Detective Comics), SEAN MURPHY (The Wake), and PHILIP TAN (Batman and Robin).

Fantastic Member

New interview on Brian Wood and Spawn.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=56542

This whole part stood out to me from the interview:

Well, Todd's last issue as writer is #250, and at the end of that issue, Al makes his reappearance. When I start with [the] "Spawn Resurrection" [one-shot] and then onwards with #251, we get into how Al's changed, what he's seen while he's been away, where he's actually been, and, to quote the solicitation text, who did he piss off so bad? The mysterious answer to that is: Something that makes that eternal Heaven vs. Hell thing, the conflict that's always driven this series, look like a petty squabble. Al's back, smarter, stronger, wiser and with a perspective that no one else has. In a way, he's 'King Spawn,' the experienced soldier who, while he has his stronghold and his minions and his land, is not afraid to get down off his throne, pick up his sword and join the battle.

I'll let you decide how much of that last sentence was metaphor and how much I'm actually writing into the book!
    So is Spawn Resurrection the name of 250's epilogue or is it its own separate issue that will come out in between 250 and 251?

So Al pissed off someone that makes Heaven vs Hell look like childs play? Hmm, interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    So is Spawn Resurrection the name of 250's epilogue or is it its own separate issue that will come out in between 250 and 251?
    According to what Todd recently said on his Facebook, Spawn Resurrection is essentially a one-shot that will be released between #250 and #251.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Love that cover of Spawn on the Throne of Death.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    According to what Todd recently said on his Facebook, Spawn Resurrection is essentially a one-shot that will be released between #250 and #251.
    Thanks for that. Its the first time I've heard of it so I was wondering.

Pretty interesting and glad that with the one shot we'll see the new team in action a bit sooner than 251.

This is gonna be good.

Fantastic Member

A bit more information on Spawn Resurrection, the one shot coming out in February that will introduce the new team and new direction from Todd's facebook:

But in the meantime, the above headline is for those of you who need a #1 as a jumping on point! Spawn RESURRECTION #1 will introduce a new creative team, a new direction, along with a new attitude and more. Oh...did i mention all of this is on top of the return of the original Spawn: Al Simmons!
    https://www.facebook.com/liketoddmcfarlane

Also Todd mentions that his current goal is to get Spawn to 301.

This is gonna rock! I can't wait to see more action with Spawn.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Knight View Post
    This is gonna rock! I can't wait to see more action with Spawn.
    You will be waiting a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ite View Post
    Not from what I've been hearing.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ite View Post
    Highly doubtful. Jonboy's art is very much superhero almost manga-esque so its very well suited for a ton action, compared to Kudranski, especially given the series that he's worked on in the past are very much action-oriented (GI Joe, Transformers, etc...). Plus you can't have "Al the aggressor" mission without action so I think we'll definitely be seeing more action in the series than we have in some time.

New ish out yet?

Pretty sure I saw the new issue at my LCS yesterday.

And Todd McFarlane revealed the cover for Spawn Resurrection on Facebook last night.

My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010