Page 20 of 126 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Spawn

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    I remember there was the time a bum tried of the mask and it triedto suffocate him, giving the impression that it was sentient. Cant recall if that was before the Moore stuff tho...

Moore was definetly the one to outright state it was a symbiote though. K7-Leetha an all that.
    Oh yeah I remember that. I think that was around the time that they were bringing Chapel into the story. I thought it was mentioned that the suit was sentient before that though when Billy Kincaid went to Hell and one of Violator's brothers was giving him the tour and I think when they got to the 8th circle the Phlebiac mentioned the suit as a she. I think that was issue 8 and Moore definitely wrote that.

Spectacular Member

That Bum was Bobby, if I remember correctly.

Man, another character not seen in ages. I would like to see some kind of resolution for that character, especially since he played important parts of Al's evolution as Spawn. Chapel killed him, Spawn resurrected him, Angels kidnapped him because Spaen ressurrected him. Sigh....

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rajikaru View Post
    That Bum was Bobby, if I remember correctly.

Man, another character not seen in ages. I would like to see some kind of resolution for that character, especially since he played important parts of Al's evolution as Spawn. Chapel killed him, Spawn resurrected him, Angels kidnapped him because Spaen ressurrected him. Sigh....
    Man, Bobby. That takes me back. That guy went through so much. He was at times Al's confidant along with Bootsy then he finds out that Bootsy was an angel, Spawn leaves him and the alleys from time to time so he's all alone, then being vulnerable due to depression he gets ensnared by what appeared to be a help the homeless shelter/agency to only be a part of the return of Billy Kincaid and his murder spree across NYC.

I miss Bobby and Bootsy. Chapel you bastard!

Fantastic Member

With the Image's March 2015 solicits out we have first details on Spawn 251 which continues the new run of Brian Wood and Jonboy Meyers.

Following the re-introduction of Al Simmons in SPAWN: RESURRECTION #1, we dig deeper into Spawn's time away, the mystery of the word "CHAOS," and Birch, the veteran warrior who is clearly more than he seems. As the city devolves around him, Spawn is an unlikely beacon of hope in the darkness. This bold new direction continues under writer BRIAN WOOD and artist JONBOY MEYERS.
    The art so far by Meyers is going to be a bit hard for me to get to used to and hope the pages within fair better.

I will say this, Spawn was the only other comic besides Uncanny X-Men I collected regularly, and I had just about every Spawn issue from #1-#120 or so. I largely checked out with issue #100, and dropped the title, and comic collecting in general, shortly after. Issue #250 will bring me back. Brian Wood, a new start, and Simmons back, I will give it a try. I am hoping for the Bendis-era Hellspawn vibe, a darker title where Spawn is the boogie man.

/\ doubt it.
    Todds said this is a return to a more superheroic styling.

When is 249 and 250 out?

and will Resurrection #1 and #251 come out the same month?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Knight View Post
    When is 249 and 250 out?

and will Resurrection #1 and #251 come out the same month?
    249 is already out, wrote a bit about it in the last page. 250 will be out the second week of January.

The Resurrection one shot will come out in February and 251 will come out in March.

Wow, thanks for the update. I tweeted Brian Wood regarding this, to which he replied that he's not sure if this will result in a delay, and that he stopped roughly a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Drake View Post
    Unbelievable
    Current Pulls for DC/Vertigo: Batman, Justice League
    Image: Manifest Destiny, East of West, Low, The Wicked & The Divine, Injection, Tokyo Ghost
    Valiant: Harbinger/Imperium
    Other: Letter 44, Lady Mechanika, Tarot

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Drake View Post
    Thanks for the update.

WTF!? So Morrison was originally going to do Spawn (would have been awesome to have him again) then Wood was the guy and now he's off the book too and only doing the one shot in February? So now what? And this part stood out to me "I delivered, to spec, the script for February’s Spawn Resurrection #1 special but raised objections to the considerable extent to which my script and the larger plot was being rewritten during production." Why rewrites? Todd's mentioned a few times that he was giving the new team pretty much free reign though Todd would still oversee somethings. Sucks to lose Wood as I was looking forward to what he can do which excited me more than the new artist.

Wow. That's not appealing at all.

Well that was fast. Good job Todd!