Page 21 of 126 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Spawn

On the brightside, Jonboy replied to me as well and confirmed that there won't be a delay and that the pages look great.

I was really looking forward to the new direction by buying back issues I missed when I left the book in the 90's. If Todd wants to keep writing, then he should, but the book does need a new direction/viewpoint. Wood could have brought that. I hope there is a backup plan.
    Current Pulls for DC/Vertigo: Batman, Justice League
    Image: Manifest Destiny, East of West, Low, The Wicked & The Divine, Injection, Tokyo Ghost
    Valiant: Harbinger/Imperium
    Other: Letter 44, Lady Mechanika, Tarot

Fantastic Member

Some more news. Todd posted the following pic and provided the following hints:

IVE ME YOUR BEST GUESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look, I'm not going to say TOO much about these photos... but I will give you a couple hints....

1. It's going to be released in 2015.
    2.You Spawn fans have been WAITING for this for a REALLY long time.
    3. It's going to be HUGE.

Could these be Spawn animation images? Could it be a hint about the new Spawn movie? Could it be new Spawn toys?!?!???? I'll share more details later... but in the meantime, comment your best guess!

Be good.
    Clearly it looks like Medieval Spawn, but to be used in what way...

Also on the Haunt front this interesting little news story came out on it regarding Haunt LLC trademarking the name Haunt for use as a comic book and the address of Haunt LLC is the same address as McFarlane Companies. Maybe Haunt might come back next year. Read a bit more - http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/12/...e-plans-haunt/

So basically it sounds like they brought Wood on to go in a new direction but then changed everything he wrote after he turned it in. What the hell is that? I guess Todd doesnt want Spawn to ever evolve. This is likely why Morrison didnt stick around either. The core book has been terrible since the early 200's - it was way past due for a big shift.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Whilst i agree that the book needs some new blood, it seems odd to call a return to the more superheroic affair that Wood was set to bring in a "new direction" or a chance to "evolve."
    Pretty sure thats been done plenty of times before. Hell,thats what Endgame was.

Superhero affair = me want.

Fantastic Member

So the mystery of the photo has been solved. Todd revealed its a part of a brand new series of statues that will be out in 2015. The last time their were Spawn statues was back in 2012.

As to the Wood situation, we can only speculate. A few things come to mind such as Wood mentioning in a few interviews that their could/would be some revisions of Al's character and maybe what Wood had in mind didn't go well with Todd. Then again maybe Todd's just trying to avoid another David Hine situation and what he saw from Wood he wanted to nip it in the bud before it goes out. Whatever the reason(s) maybe, we'll see how things shape up. I know that 250 has been delayed per Image's site as originally slated for the second week of January now its set for the final week of January.

That's unfortunate. I wonder if 250 will even see a release in January, getting pushed back again. This makes me feel like they'll push Resurrection back.

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    So the mystery of the photo has been solved. Todd revealed its a part of a brand new series of statues that will be out in 2015. The last time their were Spawn statues was back in 2012.

As to the Wood situation, we can only speculate. A few things come to mind such as Wood mentioning in a few interviews that their could/would be some revisions of Al's character and maybe what Wood had in mind didn't go well with Todd. Then again maybe Todd's just trying to avoid another David Hine situation and what he saw from Wood he wanted to nip it in the bud before it goes out. Whatever the reason(s) maybe, we'll see how things shape up. I know that 250 has been delayed per Image's site as originally slated for the second week of January now its set for the final week of January.
    Yeah it would be a shame if Spawn was as awesome as it was when Hine was running the show. *rolls eyes*

Yeah thats what i was thinking. Todd would be lucky for the book to get another "David Hine situation."...

I guess I'm in the minority. I hated what Hine did with Spawn. I liked the haunted apartment building story, but everything else (especially the crap with the soul of the dead fetus) really lost me.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Knight View Post
    Yeah it would be a shame if Spawn was as awesome as it was when Hine was running the show. *rolls eyes*
    I suppose I should have been more specific and mention Hine's work in the Armageddon arc particularly. After that I wasn't a big fan of Hine's work like as if someone told him "You have to continue past this despite it being the most logical end that the series will ever have organically", but the Armageddon arc is something Todd isn't a big fan of having either retconned aspects of it or just straight up avoid mentioning it. So I meant it in that sense.

Hine > McFarlane.

Just curious if delaying issue 250 will also delay the digital release of the backlog. Because if so, that sucks. I was planning on snagging 246-250 all at once if it were possible.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    Just curious if delaying issue 250 will also delay the digital release of the backlog. Because if so, that sucks. I was planning on snagging 246-250 all at once if it were possible.
    Same here. I need to get 243-249.