Page 22 of 126 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Spawn

Fantastic Member

Good question. Hopefully we'll hear more about that, since Todd will not only talk about his new series but 250 as well at Image Expo.

**** Morrison. I would have dropped Spawn if that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Knight View Post
    **** Morrison. I would have dropped Spawn if that happened.
    I liked his three issue arc back in the early days, but I don't know that I could enjoy him on a long term run.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    So basically it sounds like they brought Wood on to go in a new direction but then changed everything he wrote after he turned it in. What the hell is that? I guess Todd doesnt want Spawn to ever evolve. This is likely why Morrison didnt stick around either. The core book has been terrible since the early 200's - it was way past due for a big shift.
    Grant Morrison was never officially announced just a rumor on bleeding cool and while i enjoy the site this rumor doesn't feel kosher. Isn't he at DC? don't they do exclusives with big name writers?

The BC piece said a number of artists had been approached to draw the book, and sold on the idea that it would be written by Morrison. Grant works with a stable of artists regularly but none of them were mentioned.
    Last edited by prismablue; 01-04-2015 at 07:15 PM.

BANNED

so any idea whose gonna be writing spawn now or is it gonna be go back to todd again?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    so any idea whose gonna be writing spawn now or is it gonna be go back to todd again?
    Probably be announced at Image Expo.

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    I liked his three issue arc back in the early days, but I don't know that I could enjoy him on a long term run.
    Agree, he have done surprising stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Probably be announced at Image Expo.
    I'm confused. I thought the new team was already announced?

Also wish McFarlane would start making new Spawn figures instead of statues.

I'm confused. I thought the new team was already announced?

Also wish McFarlane would start making new Spawn figures instead of statues.
    Brian Woods off the book. No word on a new writer.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by prismablue View Post
    Grant Morrison was never officially announced just a rumor on bleeding cool and while i enjoy the site this rumor doesn't feel kosher. Isn't he at DC? don't they do exclusives with big name writers?

The BC piece said a number of artists had been approached to draw the book, and sold on the idea that it would be written by Morrison. Grant works with a stable of artists regularly but none of them were mentioned.
    Grant is not exclusive at DC Comics. At NYCC I was approached by an Image partner astounded that I had printed the story about Morrison only an hour after he'd been told about it. It was a definite hire, as definite as Brian Wood. But something changed.

Todd McFarlane has just posted on Facebook and said the new writer will be announced at Image Expo.

More info - http://www.spawn.com/news/news6.aspx?id=13999

Wish I could go. San Francisco isn't that far for me by BART train.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    Todd McFarlane has just posted on Facebook and said the new writer will be announced at Image Expo.

More info - http://www.spawn.com/news/news6.aspx?id=13999

Wish I could go. San Francisco isn't that far for me by BART train.
    To add to this, Todd also mentioned that the new writer will debut with the Spawn Resurrection one shot (guess they are throwing everything Wood had in mind out) which will be out late February or early March. The new writer looks to have discussed his first year and second year with Todd already. Todd also mentioned that the new writer is an Eisner award winning writer which narrows the field down to some very interesting choices.

On the digital front, Todd says the entire Spawn library will be up very soon.

https://www.facebook.com/liketoddmcf...type=1&theater

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    To add to this, Todd also mentioned that the new writer will debut with the Spawn Resurrection one shot (guess they are throwing everything Wood had in mind out) which will be out late February or early March. The new writer looks to have discussed his first year and second year with Todd already. Todd also mentioned that the new writer is an Eisner award winning writer which narrows the field down to some very interesting choices.

On the digital front, Todd says the entire Spawn library will be up very soon.

https://www.facebook.com/liketoddmcf...type=1&theater
    This is pretty cool. A two year plan? That's very promising.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Brian Woods off the book. No word on a new writer.
    I'm lost here.

Wouldn't they already have almost finished up working on #251 and a few more issues Post-McFarlane run?

I thought they even said the new run would be more superhero-esque.

I'm lost here.

Wouldn't they already have almost finished up working on #251 and a few more issues Post-McFarlane run?

I thought they even said the new run would be more superhero-esque.
    It still might be. As already said, Ressurection is scheduled for late Feb/early March with the new writer.

Anybody else thinking maybe Grant Morrison became available last minute so Todd ditched Brian Wood in favour of him?