Page 32 of 126 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

Thread: Spawn

Hines run kicked ass.

Yeah, what the hell, dude...

Spectacular Member

I have been rewatching the HBO animated series and I think it is still pretty damn good for it's age.

It kind of frustrates me that Todd is not doing so much more with this franchise. It has such a rich history, interesting story and probably the best known character outside of Marvel and DC (I guess Hellboy could also be up there).

Spawn has been around for 22 years and at this stage he has become somewhat of a Legacy character. I hope the new animated series and movie come sooner rather than later because the comic movie bubble could bust at any time and McFarlane is now a follower where at one time he was the trailblazer.

BANNED

Suddenly all Mortal Kombat X fans are demanding Spawn be in the new game. Um where did this come from all of a sudden? None of these people gave a rat's ass about Spawn for years.

Ha! I really, really didn't like the stuff with Al's brothers, or his dead kid. It's subjective. :P
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ite View Post
    Suddenly all Mortal Kombat X fans are demanding Spawn be in the new game. Um where did this come from all of a sudden? None of these people gave a rat's ass about Spawn for years.
    Spawn as a character and a brand is way more popular than the comics.

Plus, Todd hasn't really given a crap about Spawn for years anyway

Yeah , its strange I havent read Spawn since the Hellspawn series. And when I saw the cover to Resurrection I had to pick it up. Im thinking this could be a new Spawn Boom.

Spectacular Member

Resurrection is what brought me back as well. I tried jumping on at Endgame and again later on in the Jim Downing era but I just couldn't get in to Szymon Kudranksi's art enough to keep going with it.

There was nothing really wrong with the art during this era but I have always liked the super hero style art and I am glad Jonboy Myers is doing the art now.

I am hoping it is the start of a new Spawn boom. I think there are people who want to read and follow Spawn but are a bit intimidated by the title considering the numbering and how long it has been on the outskirts of Super hero comics. Resurrection is a good start so hopefully #251 onward keeps up the momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroWolfboy View Post
    Yeah , its strange I havent read Spawn since the Hellspawn series. And when I saw the cover to Resurrection I had to pick it up. Im thinking this could be a new Spawn Boom.
    I hope so.

So I wanna read Spawn. Start at the beginning or is there a good jumping on point?

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    So I wanna read Spawn. Start at the beginning or is there a good jumping on point?
    Start at the beginning. 250 issues really isn't too much to catch up on imo.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    The recently released Spawn Resurrection #1 was just that. It introduces the new team and their setup. They then take over proper with #251.

Spectacular Member

What are your thoughts on Haunt?

I liked it. But it never really found its groove.

The Kirkman run was kind of generic, though entertaining for the most part. Some great Ottley/Capullo art. It was a decent read but was running on fumes by the end of the run as Kirkman clearly lost interest.
    The Casey/Fox stuff i found much more interesting and it seemed like they had a more solid direction in mind and greater plans for the mythos. Unfortunetly it got cut short and there was no real conclusion to anything.