Page 37 of 126 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast

Thread: Spawn

Spawn/Darkness team up needed to happen years ago.

We were talking Haunt , So I picked up The First trade and Issue 1 . So Far I'm loving the series. Hopefully Haunt returns and they do a Spawn Cross over.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AstroWolfboy; 05-04-2015 at 12:00 PM.

Wow, okay. So either they will get back to the dangling plotlines or just leave it behind. It feels like Todd just gave up and said "You wanted Al, here he is." Since he recieved so many complaints about the Downing era. I wouodnt mind a mix of the downing era along with the action and fun of Al.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Apologies if this has been covered - i read Spawn back when it was released and have the first 8 trades and then some trades from issues 60 - 70 (ish). Can anyone point me to somewhere that might give me a semblance of what happens? I'm kinda up to date on what happens with Al Simmons, but what is all this Jim Downing stuff? Why was he Spawn? Is he dead now then? What did he achieve as Spawn?

Quote Originally Posted by JLF View Post
    Apologies if this has been covered - i read Spawn back when it was released and have the first 8 trades and then some trades from issues 60 - 70 (ish). Can anyone point me to somewhere that might give me a semblance of what happens? I'm kinda up to date on what happens with Al Simmons, but what is all this Jim Downing stuff? Why was he Spawn? Is he dead now then? What did he achieve as Spawn?
    Spawnworld has a good write up:

http://www.spawnworld.com/encyclopedia/jimdowning.htm

251 was pretty good. I like the new direction so far and Al feels like a bad ass superhero again. Loved the action with the Swords of Spirits and I am interested to see what Belial brings us as a bad guy.

251 was pretty good.

Al looks bad ass.

Ive been a fan of this book since 1992 - I seriously have every single issue. 251 will likely be my last. 251 and Resurrection were so, so, so, bad. Completely terrible - the characters were unrecognizable and the story was a cliche as it gets. Spawn, even at low points, had an "it" factor that made it unique to itself. There was always something to keep the intrigue. With just 2 issues this comic has become as derivative as it gets.

The new artist simply doesnt live up to the Spawn artist legacy - the comic looks like a saturday morning cartoon. "Adventures with Spawn". A wannabe 90's Joe Mauderia. Look at Spawn's bent leg on 251's cover. Capullo or even Medina wouldnt draw something that crap for a cover. Especially not for one of your debut issues.

Yep it was that bad. Ill be back once this team gets the boot soon.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

I liked 251. It leans a little heavily on the "heaven is good, hell is bad" thing when the whole point of Spawn was that both sucked, but it's been two issues and Wanda actually has a purpose now.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

I picked up Back Issues of Spawn and Darkness on #FCBD , And I know some mention that Spawn Needs to Crossover with Haunt. Well they kinda did I found this issue with Haunt in Spawn, so got it. How awesome of a triple threat be if you had Darkness / Haunt and Spawn team up vs Whatever poor evil hell entity to face those three .
    Attached Images Attached Images

^ That would be incredible.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AstroWolfboy View Post
    I picked up Back Issues of Spawn and Darkness on #FCBD , And I know some mention that Spawn Needs to Crossover with Haunt. Well they kinda did I found this issue with Haunt in Spawn, so got it. How awesome of a triple threat be if you had Darkness / Haunt and Spawn team up vs Whatever poor evil hell entity to face those three .
    Eh I would not call that Spawn issue a team up of Haunt/Spawn as they didn't meet in that and really didn't meet at all during the Downing era and found Haunt's use disappointing and a waste of the character. Hopefully with Al back we'll see Haunt again soon enough.

Darkness/Haunt/Spawn together would be killer! I'd definitely be up for that.

Just Read Spawn 251 , and Heres my basic thoughts overall :

I'm happy to say im looking forward to what Spawn has in for the future. Right now I think is a perfect time for Al Simmons to return. Its interesting to see Spawn tackle the street rioting. I don't think the rioting is one and done. So to see Simmons to return to the streets and to see both sides of the issue is very interesting , that a comic would tackle whats happening right now in the news around the country.Also Its good to see Al take action and whoop demons again. Spawn welding a big demon slaying sword is an interesting weapon, Kind of reminds me of the Sword in the game I'm playing right now Darksiders.

So next up I think we'll learn more about this Guardian Angel character Spawn has met up with, and if this is the direction they plan on going in terms of replacing the now defunct character of Angela.

Is 252 out yet?