Page 43 of 126 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast

Thread: Spawn

Fantastic Member

So a five page preview of #256 is out and Jim Downing appears, alive, in a hospital bed in a coma. Ummm how? "Recovered by the National Guard?" Really from a hell pit and dragged down by the symbiote this guy somehow is alive. And Bludd's alive which makes sense and this entire time the fat news reporter is a demon. Issue will be out September 30th.

https://imagecomics.com/comics/releases/spawn-256

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    So a five page preview of #256 is out and Jim Downing appears, alive, in a hospital bed in a coma. Ummm how? "Recovered by the National Guard?" Really from a hell pit and dragged down by the symbiote this guy somehow is alive. And Bludd's alive which makes sense and this entire time the fat news reporter is a demon. Issue will be out September 30th.

https://imagecomics.com/comics/releases/spawn-256
    http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/...196/images.jpg

When the hell is the new issue out?

Amazing Member

What happened to Jenkins and Myers?

I haven't picked up the last few issues as they've been sold out, is Todd drawing Spawn again?

I'm glad Jim Downing is being brought in Since I dont know much about him so, hopefully this issue will shine light on that.

Jenkins last issue was #254. Says he left to focus on his Aftershock project.

Not sure on Jonboy. He might just be taking a break but idk. Decembers issue lists Todd & Friends as the art team and I know Erik Larsen is penciling an upcoming issue. Doesnt look good for Jonboy tbh...

Another good issue. The build up to this Satan War is some of the best stuff in a long time. Great to see Clown/Violator back as well. I hope this more superhero style of Spawn continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Jenkins last issue was #254. Says he left to focus on his Aftershock project.

Not sure on Jonboy. He might just be taking a break but idk. Decembers issue lists Todd & Friends as the art team and I know Erik Larsen is penciling an upcoming issue. Doesnt look good for Jonboy tbh...
    Suuuure Jenkins left to focus on Aftershock. More like he had the same arguments and concerns that Brian Wood had with Todd. The only difference is that Jenkins got some books published. With only what, three or four issues published, didn't Jenkins think that when he signed on that this might affect his work with Aftershock? It's a bit odd.

As for Jonboy, it's odd. He disappeared half way through issue 256 and previous artist Szymon Kudranski drew the second half of the issue. The solicit for issue 257 still says the writer artist team of Paul Jenkins and Jonboy, but yeah.... I'm wondering if Jonboy is drawing at all for 257 (or at all anymore) and/or if Kudranksi is back for a time. Kudranksi has proved with his lengthy run he's a really fast artist and Spawn is supposed to be a monthly book. It's rare that the book takes time off and has never gone on any of the two, three, four month or longer hiatuses that a lot of other creator owned books do. Todd just really screwed things up behind the scenes. Either Wood and Jenkins misunderstood what Todd wanted and/or Todd just couldn't let go of the book like he thought he might have been able to. Maybe it's all a big coincidence with Wood/Jenkins/Jonboy and the old writer/artist team is back. Who knows. The whole thing is weird.
    Last edited by Mjolnir; 10-01-2015 at 05:11 PM.

Imagine if it was all a game in the end and Wanda was Satan/Belial/Malebolgia

The bit with the fat News Anchor guy really came outta nowhere, it was awesome.

I finally get to read 256 today!!

Loved it!!!!!!!

When is this Satan War arc supposed to start and how many issues is it supposed to be?

I really hope Jonboy stays on this title, I wouldn't have expected to like the art for the Spawn title but it has really grown on me!

No mention in today's article of Todd at NYCC about Paul Jenkins leaving the book or why Jonboy is no longer on art. Weird transition of creative teams since 250. I am looking forward to the McFarlane/Larson collaboration, but the whole situation is weird.
    Current Pulls for DC/Vertigo: Batman, Justice League
    Image: Manifest Destiny, East of West, Low, The Wicked & The Divine, Injection, Tokyo Ghost
    Valiant: Harbinger/Imperium
    Other: Letter 44, Lady Mechanika, Tarot