Page 45 of 126 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast

Thread: Spawn

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AstroWolfboy View Post
    Glad to See Clown / Violator back in the mix. I was at a toyshow and got the full size Violator figure from the 1998 movie , still looks like the comic, got a deal on it. Overall I like the pacing of the new run, with the exception of that random Titanic story. But Looking forward to the Larsen / McFarlane creative team. I wonder if that means Savage Dragon lore will start to show up?
    Nice. I recently found my cyborg Violator toy. Spawn toys were the best.

Quote Originally Posted by MylesBennettDyson618 View Post
    Nice. I recently found my cyborg Violator toy. Spawn toys were the best.
    Very Cool , I'm looking for that one

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AstroWolfboy View Post
    Very Cool , I'm looking for that one
    Ebay is your best friend. Tons of Spawn stuff there. Some of em are pretty expensive unfortunately. Expensive for action figures at least.

Quote Originally Posted by MylesBennettDyson618 View Post
    Ebay is your best friend. Tons of Spawn stuff there. Some of em are pretty expensive unfortunately. Expensive for action figures at least.
    Actually the Toyfair worked great. It was just a array of Spawn toys and 2nd Gen Star Wars figures. And it was all fair priced. Ebay is a pain in the ass , its just to easy to get what you want, so easy that you're be broke easy. Go to a Flea Market, Toy Fair, even try like Thrift shops, or Pawn shops ( not many here on the East coast) Goodwill Stores. Those are better because you can bring the price down. You'd be suprized , I've found a whole box of loose Spawn stuff for crazy fair price.

BANNED

Is Spawn running late? I can't remember the last time I read the last issue. I'm starting to have Sabrina flashbacks.

New issue this wed

Whats the Chances of Violator turning into a Anti-Hero type character? I mean not a full on turn from Evil to Good , but just Good enough to fight New Evils along side of Spawn. I think if a character as terrible as Violator can be redeemed , everyone should get another chance if they try for it.

I want to see The Redeemer back!

BANNED

258 was a great looking issue. Should be a fun ride. I loved reading about Larsen wanting to give Al a proper rogues gallery later on.

Amazing Member

Default Comixology Sale on Spawn - Where to stop?

Hello,

I'm interested in reading some Spawn comics. I've read up to issue 20ish a while back. Comixology has a 50% sale on Spawn issues and I want to know where is a good stopping point. I can't afford to get all 250 issues so I would like to get some input from you guys.

thanks

I would personally recommend #150-184

BANNED

I went back and read Resurrection through Jenkin's "run" and man this book can be bad at maintaining continuity. Todd has always had this thing about randomly deciding certain things don't count while others do and not letting letting the audience know which is which. Like, do Heaven and Hell still take every other soul? How does that make sense with Spawn's costume being made of everyone he killed? Has that already been retconned with the apparent replacing of Belial with Satan? It seemed like Jenkins planned on the skinny thug with Clown make up to actually be Clown but now that seems to have been changed with Clown still suffering effects from the Downing days.

I think my best bet going forward is to just assume we are back in 90's Spawn continuity and go from there. I love Spawn but I do wish Todd was better at maintaining a cohesive narrative.

Right up to the end of the Armageddon arc.

Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge602 View Post
    Hello,

I'm interested in reading some Spawn comics. I've read up to issue 20ish a while back. Comixology has a 50% sale on Spawn issues and I want to know where is a good stopping point. I can't afford to get all 250 issues so I would like to get some input from you guys.

thanks

#258 was quick and had more kick ass action than anything Spawn in along time, I loved it. I love this run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Knight View Post
    #258 was quick and had more kick ass action than anything Spawn in along time, I loved it. I love this run.
    Indeed. I missed superhero Spawn.