Page 47 of 126 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast

Thread: Spawn

Good issue. I loved the final panel. I am really pumped for the this arc. I am curious to see the route Spawn will go once Todd returns as writer, I just hope it's not another slow paced one. btw, in this new issue who was that other Hellspawn that was slapping Wanda around?

BANNED

I am intrigued about that character as well. It would be cool to see a Hellspawn vs Hellspawn battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Knight View Post
    Good issue. I loved the final panel. I am really pumped for the this arc. I am curious to see the route Spawn will go once Todd returns as writer, I just hope it's not another slow paced one. btw, in this new issue who was that other Hellspawn that was slapping Wanda around?
    The new character is called Hellion.

As of Spawn 259 I'm co-writing the book. Todd and I are plotting and scripting the next few together and I go solo with #263.

BANNED

Thanks for confirmation on the new character. Solo huh? That is exciting.

Awesome! Can't wait to see Spawn vs. Hellion.

Long time reader here. I dropped this book after 251 after collecting it since issue #1. I hated the Jonboy issues that much - just awful stuff. Obviously others thought so too considering the creative team is already off the book. I knew it was only a matter of time.

The Larsen issues have been a breath of fresh air. I dont think Ive ever seen Spawn just open up and kick ass as much as he has in these past 2 issues. In its 20 years of existence we haven't seen this type of action out of the book. Larsen just came out with a bang in #258 and said: "watch what Spawn can do". Its great stuff.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    Long time reader here. I dropped this book after 251 after collecting it since issue #1. I hated the Jonboy issues that much - just awful stuff. Obviously others thought so too considering the creative team is already off the book. I knew it was only a matter of time.

The Larsen issues have been a breath of fresh air. I dont think Ive ever seen Spawn just open up and kick ass as much as he has in these past 2 issues. In its 20 years of existence we haven't seen this type of action out of the book. Larsen just came out with a bang in #258 and said: "watch what Spawn can do". Its great stuff.
    I couldn't agree more. I love seeing a proactive Spawn kicking ass. As much as I love the character, he always had a bad habit of passivity.

Hey Erik , Great work on this Series. But Not to rock the Boat, but it really Feels like a Savage Dragon book now and not Spawn. On the Plus side your imagery of Hell is Crazy....... as Hell. Satan Looks like a Hulked up He-Man baddie. Giving the Comic lots of Action which it has been lacking, and lots of Demons. So, Keep up the good work , its been the comic I usually read first on my monthly LCS trip .

BANNED

I am also loving the color and vibrancy to this book at the moment. I have had my fill of "lurking in the shadows noir" Spawn. Love seeing Al getting out there and getting things done.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Larsen View Post
    The new character is called Hellion.

As of Spawn 259 I'm co-writing the book. Todd and I are plotting and scripting the next few together and I go solo with #263.
    Yay! Two legends together on the same book!! I will be buying this monthly. Great to see these guys back in action!

BANNED

New issue was fun. Great art as usual.

Another solid issue. Like I said before, Resurrection up to now has been the BEST Spawn since Hine's Armageddon arc. Great to have Erik on the team.

I want a massive brawl between Spawn and Hellion!!!!!

Did Al and Wanda actually have sex in those 2 panels? It was 100% clear about that but it looked like they could have been which makes me believe she could eventually end up pregnant with Spawn's spawn lol.

Also thinking about picking up Savage Dragon. I enjoyed what I read of Dragon when he and Spawn had that crossover many years back.

A23X

So I'm new here, first off. Second, I'm a huge fan of spawn yet i never went on to read the books or at least continued to up until recently. I have a question that has bugged the crap out of me for years and atm am to impatient to find out on my own; but *possible spoilers maybe for some* does Wanda ever find out spawn is really al? And if so, what issue?
    It's been eating at me and I'm slowly but surely catching up on what I've missed all these years.

The latest issue.

She found out years ago, but i cant recall which issue off hand.