Page 49 of 126 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast

Thread: Spawn

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Eriks stuff picks up straight on from the brief Jenkins run, so yeah id get ressurection first if you plan on checking it out.
    Cheers, I'll do just that. It will be interesting to see how long they collaborate given the egos and fanfare behind the two.

Can't wait to see how the finale of the current arc goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mix_Masta_Micah View Post
    Ok so I have never really read Spawn (only like the first 12 issues) because the story never really grabbed me and the art hadn't aged too well. BUT, I've always liked the design of the character and felt there was potential. I love Erik Larsen's work as well. So, I was wondering if I should pick up the Spawn: Ressurection tpb that will be coming out and then the monthlies; will I be lost?
    You can if you want to--but it is not necessary. You'll get everything you need to know from the recent issues.

Cheers, I'll do just that. It will be interesting to see how long they collaborate given the egos and fanfare behind the two.
    What egos?

261 was another great issue. I haven't had this much fun reading Spawn in years. Props to Larsen!

Amazing Member

Egos? I don't know about Todd, but Ive tweeted, emailed and discussed with Erik Larsen quite a bit over the years, and I've never encountered anything resembling an "Ego" problem...

does anyone know if they're planning on releasing a deluxe hardcover vol. 5 ??

BANNED

Woohoo !!! i'm back to Spawn after 18 years... wow time flies by... I just ordered Spawn Origins HC book 1. I have loved Spawn since i read it 18 years ago as a kid... The first issues in The HC were also published in my country as saparete two volumes 18 years ago (that's what i read) but the rest weren't published :/ I'm excited to re read the first issues after 18 years. I'm back for sure... i can't wait to get the rest of the spawn origins books.
    Last edited by Batarang; 04-04-2016 at 06:30 AM.

Team DD +++ BuckyNat Master Man's Avatar

Hey, lapsed Spawn reader here.

I got into Spawn with the Endgame Collection tpb in 2010 and then continued on with New Beginnings vol1 & 2 and then... well... nothing, they just stopped. Volume 2 of New Beginnings (issues #207-212) came out in 2012 and from looking online the next tpb didn't come out till last year (titled, Resurrection and it collects Resurrection #1 & issues #251-255) and stars Simmons back as Spawn. Why didn't they collect the rest of Jim Downing's story in tpb?
    Currently reading:
    - Gangsta.
    - Gangsta. Cursed
    - Tokyo Ghoul:re

Us Origins Hardcover collectors are also still waiting for news.

I'm just glad they are releasing tpbs for the newer issues, Satan Saga War is out in June!

New issue next week! Can't wait!

BANNED

Really good issue. Great visuals. I was a little confused about the ins and outs of Al's plan though. I'm excited for what looks to be a bold new direction away from the Hell stuff.
    Last edited by MylesBennettDyson618; 04-13-2016 at 12:49 PM.

Can't wait to see where things go from here.

Seeing what Al does without any powers is gonna be interesting. I kinda wish he could just live peacefully lol
    Superhero shows are trash

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Larsen View Post
    You can if you want to--but it is not necessary. You'll get everything you need to know from the recent issues.
    Thanks Erik, I plan on picking up the trade in a few weeks, the pencils on top of the McFarlane inks looks stellar. Are you guys co-plotting? And as for the egos comment, Im referring to bits of stories heard on Word balloon with Capullo or on let's talk comics with Leifeld or Lee. Most of it was just retrospect on why certain things fell through; perhaps those feelings have subsided....You'd know more than I would. Either way, I hope this a long run next to your Savage Dragon stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    Seeing what Al does without any powers is gonna be interesting. I kinda wish he could just live peacefully lol

He still has powers they are just nowhere near as powerful as they were.