Page 5 of 124 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Spawn

Fantastic Member

Yeah the cover definitely looks badass, even more so considering Greg Capullo looks to have done it with Todd. Glad to have him back for it even if its just for the cover hopefully he can do some more down the line.

Don't think we'll be seeing Jim bust out guns like Al used to do any time soon though lol.

Don't give Al too much credit on that. He did is about 3 times in 180+ issues....

What I'm more interested in is Jim's power counter going up meaning whenever he uses power the clock ticks forward... I really got no idea where any of this is going with Jim and that is a good thing. But I'd prefer if it was a weekly series rather than monthly.

Fantastic Member

Eh true on Al.

I honestly wouldn't put much stock on the power counter. Its growing so slowly for it to mean anything and when Al was around, that whole aspect was dropped until the Armageddon arc so Todd basically forgot about it. Its a nice nod to the beginnings of Spawn, but I don't think it'll mean anything in the grand scheme of things unless the power counter gets a turbo charge and starts rising pretty quickly.

I wish Spawn was a weekly considering its current pace is so slow, but we've seen Spawn come out quarterly once before and I don't think Szymon can do weekly on art duties, but I wouldn't mind seeing a Sam & Twitch weekly series. Feels more suitable for that.

BANNED

Is Al Simmons bk yet?

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    Eh true on Al.

I honestly wouldn't put much stock on the power counter. Its growing so slowly for it to mean anything and when Al was around, that whole aspect was dropped until the Armageddon arc so Todd basically forgot about it. Its a nice nod to the beginnings of Spawn, but I don't think it'll mean anything in the grand scheme of things unless the power counter gets a turbo charge and starts rising pretty quickly.

I wish Spawn was a weekly considering its current pace is so slow, but we've seen Spawn come out quarterly once before and I don't think Szymon can do weekly on art duties, but I wouldn't mind seeing a Sam & Twitch weekly series. Feels more suitable for that.
    The final issue will prolly be the end of the counter, I'm curious to know what it means now with Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Is Al Simmons bk yet?
    Richard Simmons took over.

Is Al Simmons bk yet?
    Al has always been black. Unless you count that one time...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    The road to 250 continues as we now know details on issue 247 out in early September.

That's so hard to draw. The artist is just too good.

Is Al Simmons bk yet?
    Even if he comes back, he'll most likely be written the same way as the book is being written now. So I'll just stick to my old issues and spin offs when the series/mythos interested me.

McFarlane needs to start doing Spawn figures again.

Id like that too, but they just dont sell sadly.

So many figures that need to be released since the last wave too

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

That ridiculously big gun on the cover of Spawn #247 not only gives off a '90s vibe but also reminds me of Al Simmons.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Hopefully this could lead to Jim blasting the **** out of some Vampire scum.

All-New Member

WTF?! Greg Capullo drew a Spawn!? I'm totally buying that issue, just for that cover!

Quote Originally Posted by NecroDragon View Post
    WTF?! Greg Capullo drew a Spawn!? I'm totally buying that issue, just for that cover!
    Capullo's done tons of Spawn.