Page 51 of 124 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

Thread: Spawn

All-New Member

The September Image solicitations are out, and Erik Larsen is no longer on Spawn.
    Has writer as Todd and Art by Todd & friends.
    I wonder if Erik is leaving so he can launch Ant?

wtf..................

Amazing Member

Well, that would certainly make sense. 3 monthly comics is an awful lot.

Wonder who the "and friends" are and how much will be Todd. I'd like to see a double page spread penciled/inked by Todd.

Spectacular Member

Cripes. Really? Heck, at this rate, maybe I should audition for artist duties for the title. Always wanted to pencil Spawn myself, lol.

Either way, wherever Todd goes with the title now, Al is at a point where he can be 'fresh' without to much old baggage weighing him down.

On a side, kinda Spawn related note, I just finished re-reading Kiss Psycho Circus. Really took me back to the glory days of the Spawn comic; vibe, story and art style.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Lantern View Post
    The September Image solicitations are out, and Erik Larsen is no longer on Spawn.
    Has writer as Todd and Art by Todd & friends.
    I wonder if Erik is leaving so he can launch Ant?
    #266 is my last issue. That's all she wrote.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Larsen View Post
    #266 is my last issue. That's all she wrote.
    Thanks for the confirmation! And your contribution to the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Knight View Post
    Maybe we can get another Spawn and Savage Dragon crossover!
    That is on its way. SPAWN #266 crosses over with SAVAGE DRAGON #217.

Punos_Rey

Hey guys, new to the forum but longtime spawn fan who hasn't read much since Malebolgia's death other than a few issues after Al's suucide. I was looking to get back on with Spawn Resurrection and the Satan Saga but have read that resurrection retcons the entire storyline????? Is that true? Really not a fan of extensive retcons, some here and there aren't too bad

Have seen snippets from the Satan Saga and kindof confused, God's a good guy now? What about the Mother of Existence? Have Mammon and Morana been completely written out?

Quote Originally Posted by Punos_Rey View Post
    Hey guys, new to the forum but longtime spawn fan who hasn't read much since Malebolgia's death other than a few issues after Al's suucide. I was looking to get back on with Spawn Resurrection and the Satan Saga but have read that resurrection retcons the entire storyline????? Is that true? Really not a fan of extensive retcons, some here and there aren't too bad

Have seen snippets from the Satan Saga and kindof confused, God's a good guy now? What about the Mother of Existence? Have Mammon and Morana been completely written out?
    It's something of a minefield. Essentially, David Hine's run ignored a lot of rules and continuity--contradicting and overwriting a lot of what had been said and done at a time when Todd wasn't keeping a firm hand on the wheel. Post-Hine, Todd's taken a "none of that stuff matters" approach. That's not something fans of Hine's run want to hear but given that Todd created the book and has written most of it--it's his toys in his sandbox so it's his rules.

There was probably a smoother way of transitioning through all that--but that didn't happen. It's best to take each issue "as is" and accept its reality than to try and reconcile the inherent contradictions, back-peddling and oversights. With 260+ issues and numerous artists and writers there's bound to be some problems. Hopefully going forward it's not so messy. Having started a new chapter and put much of the book in the past it's a lot more straightforward.

It sucks Erik is leaving but at least we get a SD/Spawn crossover before he does!

art by Leo Matos

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Larsen View Post
    That is on its way. SPAWN #266 crosses over with SAVAGE DRAGON #217.
    Sounds good. I really like Erik's ideas/scripts.

Excellent issue. I love this new Vigilante Al/Spawn. Great action with him and Decay. I want more of this!

I also noticed Spawn Origins Hardcover VOLUME 10 is coming out in October!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Knight View Post
    I also noticed Spawn Origins Hardcover VOLUME 10 is coming out in October!!!!!!!!
    I just saw that on Image's website and was coming here to post about it. About time! Book 9 came out in August 2013. I remember somebody last year said they heard the collections would be starting over again from the beginning, which really irked me after all the work I did staying up on getting those first nine hardcovers each time they came out. I'm so excited to see that they are continuing from where they left off. I wonder what caused the three-year delay.

https://imagecomics.com/comics/relea...ion-book-10-hc
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

What is this "Spawn kills everyone" issue?