Page 53 of 124 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast

Thread: Spawn

BANNED

The Larsen books sound interesting might have to pick them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ite View Post
    The Larsen books sound interesting might have to pick them up.
    They really are. It's all about establishing a new status quo while giving closure to the old. Plus, the art is just phenomenal.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

When is the Savage Dragon issue that crosses over with Spawn coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Knight View Post
    When is the Savage Dragon issue that crosses over with Spawn coming out?
    In a little over a month. The issue leading up to it (#216, featuring Ant) is out 9/21, after that there's an issue of Spawn (#266) featuring Savage Dragon and Ant which continues into Savage Dragon #217 guest starring Spawn and Ant.

Off topic slightly, but has there been any further development on the Ant solo book Erik?

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Larsen View Post
    In a little over a month. The issue leading up to it (#216, featuring Ant) is out 9/21, after that there's an issue of Spawn (#266) featuring Savage Dragon and Ant which continues into Savage Dragon #217 guest starring Spawn and Ant.
    Thanks! cant wait!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Off topic slightly, but has there been any further development on the Ant solo book Erik?
    I'm starting that shortly. I'll be banking a few issues before I solicit it so I'm not starting off in the hole.

Amazing Member

Here's a preview to #266, out tomorrow.

Anyone curious as to who is helping out McFarlane with #267, can also find it here. It's a familiar name.

http://bamsmackpow.com/2016/10/03/la...gon-crossover/

Ugghhh...

Dont get me wrong, I really like Szymon Kudranskis stuff (Black Eyed Kids is great!) but man I am done with the McFarlane/Kudranski era. And darting from that to a more cartoon-ish Meyers/Larsen period and back makes the book feel real schizophrenic.

I know its his book an all, but I really wish Todd would hand the reins over. Todds plots just go nowhere and are so decompressed.

Amazing Member

Yeah. Szymon on art and McFarlane writing means I'm effectively done with SPAWN after #266. The early solicit made it sound like McFarlane was doing the full art. I would have tolerated his writing for a return of his art. Without that, it's time for me to move on again.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Larsen View Post
    Ok so Spawn #265 then Savage Dragon #216 then Spawn #266 then Savage #217?

2 more questions,

1. What other appearances has Ant made in Image comics?
    2. in Spawn #266, Dragon was talking about how he beat Osama Bin Laden or something like that. What SD issue did that occur in?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Knight View Post
    Ok so Spawn #265 then Savage Dragon #216 then Spawn #266 then Savage #217?

in addition to that, i am curious about how they are even crossing paths. from the issues i read, it just seems they are literally taking a plane from one city to the other -- meaning they share a universe? if so, that surprised me. i expected this to require wormholes or something to achieve. #nerdyquestioniknow

Quote Originally Posted by dishpan View Post
    in addition to that, i am curious about how they are even crossing paths. from the issues i read, it just seems they are literally taking a plane from one city to the other -- meaning they share a universe? if so, that surprised me. i expected this to require wormholes or something to achieve. #nerdyquestioniknow
    It was established early on that Spawn, Savage Dragon, Top Cow, and Rob Liefeld's Extreme stuff all share a universe. (Wildstorm was in it, too, before being bought by DC.) They don't interact much anymore, but occasionally the shared universe stuff crops up. Most with regards to Larsen characters. Invincible is a part of it, too.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Quote Originally Posted by dishpan View Post
    Dragon and Spawn have had a crossover before.

Spectacular Member Paulie Blade's Avatar

Yeah, shortly after Spawn #50 when Al visited Hell for a couple of issues, he met the original Dragon there.