Page 54 of 126 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast

Thread: Spawn

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Mesmer View Post
    Yeah, shortly after Spawn #50 when Al visited Hell for a couple of issues, he met the original Dragon there.
    I miss the old days when Image had those massive events like Extreme Sacrifice.

i think you guys are thinking of early image comics, 200 issues ago. i thought they all split up eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by dishpan View Post
    i think you guys are thinking of early image comics, 200 issues ago. i thought they all split up eventually.
    They did Shattered Image which established a split continuity, but theres been numerous crossovers between titles since then. Mostly in Savage Dragon or cameo appearances in Invincible. Image United, obviously.

Its not really a tight-knit thing with shared continuity though. Just something the various creators can utilize for guest appearances if they wanna.

if i am reading this correctly, wikipedia notes that in 'savage world' dragon escaped universo by moving to the earth of an alternate reality while the original earth was destroyed. that was in the early to mid aughts.

it must be what i am thinking of (i havent read the non-larsen issues of spawn). maybe that situation is no longer the case though. thanks

It still happened. But it didnt destroy Spawns earth because they dont share a continuity in that way.
    Keeping in mind, all these characters are owned by different people. Larsen doesnt need to get McFarlane to agree to destroying earth in the pages of Dragon because each is doing their own thing. But since most of the partners are friends an' all, every now and then they might ask another partner for their characters to make guest appearences and theyll just treat it like one shared continuity for the sake of that appearence.

This sometimes happens with intercompany crossovers as well. Like Batman will just meet the Ninja Turtles in a crossover series with no dimension hopping plot, they'll just treat it like the two inhabit the same world, despite this not being the case on a regular basis.

i understand now, thanks for the reply

How is Invincible?

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Knight View Post
    How is Invincible?
    Best super hero book around. No question.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    Why?

It looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    Yup.

Imo, mostly cos more then any other creator owned book Ive read, it manages to take everything good about Big 2 work-for-hire superhero stuff but push forward with it in ways only being creator owned allows it to do. I,e world shattering events with long lasting consequences, characters growing and maturing. Any character being at risk and not coming back if killed off.

Plus great art, awesome character design etc...

Its like everything a Big 2 superhero book wants to be but cant.
    Last edited by Dark-Flux; 10-25-2016 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Yup.

Imo, mostly cos more then any other creator owned book Ive read, it manages to take everything good about Big 2 work-for-hire superhero stuff but push forward with it in ways only being creator owned allows it to do. I,e world shattering events with long lasting consequences, characters growing and maturing. Any character being at risk and not coming back if killed off.

Plus great art, awesome character design etc...

Its like everything a Big 2 superhero book wants to be but cant.

i totally agree. ive read every issue, including the spinoffs, and its such a great 'verse. rk's biggest strength is his ability to create tons of interesting and colorful powered people (very similar to larsen in fact). and since that cant come across in the walking dead, it all gets channeled into invincible. its a real shame it is entering the final arc.

Amazing Member

The Spawn/Savage Dragon crossover read like a big mess (For example, readers never saw the makeshift plane, its pilot or what happened to it, yet we got to see at least a page of a commercial flight). The final conflict was not nearly worth 3 issues of build up.

So, I'm done with SPAWN, but will still check out Ant when her series launches. Which I think needs to go with a fresh start and not worry about tying up loose ends from any of the prior series (there were what? 3 of them?).

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Knight View Post
    Ok so Spawn #265 then Savage Dragon #216 then Spawn #266 then Savage #217?

2 more questions,

1. What other appearances has Ant made in Image comics?
    2. in Spawn #266, Dragon was talking about how he beat Osama Bin Laden or something like that. What SD issue did that occur in?

Thanks!
    1: Ant had her own series which lasted 11 issues about 10 years ago. She has since appeared in Spawn 265, 266 and Savage Dragon 216 and 217.

2: Savage Dragon #177

Last edited by Erik Larsen; 11-19-2016 at 09:13 PM.

Awesome!Thank you!

I've enjoyed your run on Spawn and the crossover. I may have to read Dragon from the beginning.

Spectacular Member Paulie Blade's Avatar

Having read #267 I feel that people made a mistake criticizing the post-Larsen arc before it even started. I love Szymon Kudrański's take on Al. The story keeps developing in the same direction it did during the Erik/Todd collaboration as it is still focusing on the more earthly adventures.