Page 72 of 124 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1857

Thread: Spawn

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Also some video games too
    Yes, exactly. I just want someone to post an easy to follow list.

Incredible Member

Off the top of my head, going by memory, I say read Spawn in this order...

Spawn Dark Ages 1-28

Spawn 1-18

Violator 1-3 mini

Spawn 19-20, Spawn/Batman

Spawn 21-27

Angela 1-3 mini

Spawn 28-32

Spawn Bloodfued mini

Spawn Wildcats mini (not canon)

Spawn 33-52

Savage Dragon issue 30

Angela 1/2 one-shot anywhere between 35-50

Violator/Badrock mini and Angela/Glory mini between 35-50

Spawn 53-61

Curse of Spawn 5-8

Curse of the Spawn Issues 9-11 Angela story tied into Spawn 62)

Spawn 62-65

Curse of the Spawn Issues 12-14 (Jessica Priest reveal)

Spawn 66-87

Sam and Twitch 1-6

Remaining Curse of the Spawn series 15-28, as none of them are key to the main Spawn book now, but defiantly read before Spawn 90. Not even sure if issues 15-25 are considered canon anymore.

Cygor mini

Spawn 88-100

Spawn Armageddon the video game supposably took place before the events of issue 100 (non-canon).

Hellspawn 1-16 was suppose to be an alternate universe originally after issue 100

Spawn the Curse 1-9 , can really be read anywhere at this point.

Sam and Twitch 7-26

Spawn 101-130

Case Files: Sam and Twitch 1-26

Spawn 131-149

Sam and Twitch The Writer mini can be read between 131-149. I think that’s a safe place to read it.

Spawn Simony one-shot, if canon, can be read in the area of 130-149 I think. It’s place is not very clear.

150-185 is pretty much ignored by Todd to a degree. The whole Armageddon and post Armageddon Arch

186-199 Jim Downing intro

Image United (1-4) mini for Omega Spawn (incomplete mini)

Spawn 200-250 is the Jim Downing Arc

Spawn Ressurrection one-shot

Spawn 251-to present 303

And that’s just from the top of my head for the MAIN Spawn story.

Spawn the Implaler mini, and the toy/comic issues, and the Fan Editions, I don’t have a clue. Not sure if it’s in canon.
    Last edited by Blanks; 01-04-2020 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Adding as I see fit when I remember

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    Off the top of my head, going by memory, I say read Spawn in this order...

Spawn Dark Ages 1-28

Spawn 1-18

Violator 1-3 mini

Spawn 19-20, Spawn/Batman

Spawn 21-27

Angela 1-3 mini

Spawn 28-32

Spawn Bloodfued mini

Spawn Wildcats mini (not canon)

Spawn 33-52

Savage Dragon issue 30

Angela 1/2 one-shot anywhere between 35-50

Violator/Badrock mini and Angela/Glory mini between 35-50

Spawn 53-61

Curse of Spawn 5-8

Curse of the Spawn Issues 9-11 Angela story tied into Spawn 62)

Spawn 62-65

Curse of the Spawn Issues 12-14 (Jessica Priest reveal)

Spawn 66-87

Sam and Twitch 1-6

Remaining Curse of the Spawn series 15-28, as none of them are key to the main Spawn book now, but defiantly read before Spawn 90. Not even sure if issues 15-25 are considered canon anymore.

Cygor mini

Spawn 88-100

Spawn Armageddon the video game supposably took place before the events of issue 100 (non-canon).

Hellspawn 1-16 was suppose to be an alternate universe originally after issue 100

Spawn the Curse 1-9 , can really be read anywhere at this point.

Sam and Twitch 7-26

Spawn 101-130

Case Files: Sam and Twitch 1-26

Spawn 131-149

Sam and Twitch The Writer mini can be read between 131-149. I think that’s a safe place to read it.

150-185 is pretty much ignored by Todd to a degree. The whole Armageddon and post Armageddon Arch

186-199 Jim Downing intro

Image United (1-4) mini for Omega Spawn (incomplete mini)

Spawn 200-250 is the Jim Downing Arc

Spawn Ressurrection one-shot

Spawn 251-to present 303

And that’s just from the top of my head for the MAIN Spawn story.

Spawn the Implaler mini, and the toy/comic issues, and the Fan Editions, I don’t have a clue. Not sure if it’s in canon.
    There is also shadow of spawn manga,adventures of spawn,spawn:godslayer,and Hellspawn series.

Incredible Member

There is also shadow of spawn manga,adventures of spawn,spawn:godslayer,and Hellspawn series.
    I was only posting for the main Spawn book line, not alternate versions. Dark Ages and Curse of the Spawn and Spawn the Undead are companion series. I wasn’t counting an order to read things that are non-essential to the main Spawn Story.

In my mind, Shadows of Spawn and Godslayer are examples that has nothing to do with Al’s story.

All-New Member

Hello,
    I'm a long Time Spawn Fan from Germany. I Read Spawn since 2000 (it started 1997 here). Since 2013 Spawn is really succesfull here. We are already at Origins Collcetion 14 (Issue #175)
    I still love it, but I miss the old quality.

1 to 164 ist very very God (150 to 164 has some trouble but overall it was cool)

The Concept of Spawn is great. Always forwards so the Characters evolve and most of the Dead stays dead or coming back with a lot of changes. But this Concept requiers new Characters and Ideas. One can't just tell the Same story over and over again with minor changes like other Comics do. They try to work with what they had but all the Goals do not feel worthy like before.
    300 and 301 were very cool, but after all the build up, the Final feels a little bit small and it does build ups for another Story. I just see 2 possibilitys to get the old quality back. Until the bext great Story Idea, they (or McFarlane) should do smaller Storys 6 to 12 Issue Arcs with smaller, new Enemys. Where is the Soulcrusher?
    Or they do something between a Reboot and a Softreboot. Something that changes the Past and creates a new status quo.
    Something like Priest regrets to kill Al at makes a Deal to change this (or Time Travel). Spawn wakes up in a new reality with all his Memory but not knows what Happened in the alteres world. He still Spawn. All he finds out is, that he was killes 2010 and comes back 2015. He tries to find out what Happened but
    With every Memory restored he loses something from the Old Memory. 30 Issues or so later he don't remember the old reality but knows what happened in the altered one. Then we get something like Spawn Year 0 to 1. It started with Al as Human for some Issues, then the new Killer and the first Time as Spawn.
    After That McFarlane has a lot of freedom to tell Storys in the new universe and dont need to Put the Counter to 1.
    This can include all old and new characters from the start

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Issue 1 was dedicated to Jack Kirby, but how can that be when Kirby was alive at the time the comic was published?

Mighty Member

I wonder if people will make memes about Spawn.

I just started and I already don’t see anyone but Al as Spawn.

Mighty Member

Spawn 304 is out now.
    Also who are spawn’s most notable supporting cast members and spawn’s most notable rogues gallery?
    Last edited by Toxin45; 01-16-2020 at 07:31 PM.

Mighty Member

Who do you think is a better love interest for Spawn? Wanda,Angela,or Nyx?

Incredible Member

Who do you think is a better love interest for Spawn? Wanda,Angela,or Nyx?
    I was all on team Nyx for years. She needed to fit the world that Al now lived and thrives in. She was also an asset to him in many ways, and she truly had feelings for him.

With Wanda, after issue 127, she became a moot point for me. Her death in Resurrection face Spawn some much needed direction which Al pretty much didn’t have post-Armageddon. And in a comic where death isn’t final, there is always a chance for a reunion/recounseling. I feel the ship has passed thou.

Angela? Eh, it was pretty much moot at this point. Todd will never revisit Angela again unless Marvel plays nice and says “we don’t want her anymore, here you go.” Their whole, lovers between enemy fronts served its purpose, at the time.

I kinda wished they would have ran with Eve, from the Hellspawn series As a potiental romantic interest. That, had Potential I think for something new.
    Last edited by Blanks; 01-18-2020 at 08:41 AM.

Mighty Member

I was all on team Nyx for years. She needed to fit the world that Al now lived and thrives in. She was also an asset to him in many ways, and she truly had feelings for him.

With Wanda, after issue 127, she became a moot point for me. Her death in Resurrection face Spawn some much needed direction which Al pretty much didn’t have post-Armageddon. And in a comic where death isn’t final, there is always a chance for a reunion/recounseling. I feel the ship has passed thou.

Angela? Eh, it was pretty much moot at this point. Todd will never revisit Angela again unless Marvel plays nice and says “we don’t want her anymore, here you go.” Their whole, lovers between enemy fronts served its purpose, at the time.

I kinda wished they would have ran with Eve, from the Hellspawn series As a potiental romantic interest. That, had Potential I think for something new.
    Nyx is now dead and who is eve from Hellspawn series? I read it and I have never heard even heard of Eve.
    Last edited by Toxin45; 01-18-2020 at 10:35 AM.

Mighty Member

So who is the most well known supporting characters and rogues in the series?

Incredible Member

Nyx is now dead and who is eve from Hellspawn series? I read it and I have never heard even heard of Eve.
    Eve was the suicide victim that Al escaped from Hell with in issue 16 of Hellspawn. She appeared several issues earlier, from cutting her wrists in the bathtub. She was the one who gave Al the clothes after he crawled out of his grave.

Mighty Member

Eve was the suicide victim that Al escaped from Hell with in issue 16 of Hellspawn. She appeared several issues earlier, from cutting her wrists in the bathtub. She was the one who gave Al the clothes after he crawled out of his grave.
    Can you explain the issues she appeared in? Also her name is eden dude. Also hel was also in this issue.
    Last edited by Toxin45; 01-18-2020 at 10:28 PM.