Page 8 of 126 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Spawn

Who?......................

Kramer? Guy who headed the program to create super soldiers for Wynn? Experimented on himself leading to his coma?

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    Awesome collection Forever Knight!

Huge news for Spawn:

- Al Simmons will be back in issue 250
    - New creative team will be on the book debuting in the epilogue of 250 and then fully taking over in 251, no word yet on who the new team will be
    - New villains will be coming as part of the new team coming on board
    - Spawn coming to digital

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=54290

Really wonder who the new team will be. Art, I would think, will be vastly different almost guaranteed from how it is currently with Kudranski. Wonder if he's being called up for more DC work in the not too distant future.
    I also like the fact that Todd said Simmons knows who he is and will be in control

I wonder if Simmons will take the throne back...... and be Spawn again.

Very glad we will get conclusions and **** for #250.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Nunez View Post
    I haven't bought Spawn since the death of Al
    Same here!

and this news just made me put an order on some issues i have missed. There is no need for a new number one issue man.
    Agrd!

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    I don't have a LCS, so I read everything digitally. I've been waiting ages for Spawn to go digital. And it's good to have Al back. He's been missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rey Leopard View Post
    I haven’t read Spawn in many years. I will give the title a try now that Al is returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I doubt it would hurt Slott's relationship with Marvel. Once Slott's run on Spider-Man has ended, he could be tapped to write Spawn, which might be the right fit for him. Kelly Sue writes for Image as well with her Pretty Deadly series. Thus, Slott could still write Silver Suffer and Spawn. But in retrospect, I wished that McFarlane had offered to buy Angela from Neal Gaiman instead of low balling him, which led to the court battle. I find that Angela worked best in Spawn's world.

Nonetheless, I am glad to see the return of Al Simmons because it's been way too long.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Al Simmons is back finally.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviancy View Post
    One of the things I like about TWD is that when someone dies, they're dead.

But Al Simmons, he needed to come back like 5 years ago.

And this is happening in December? It sounds like a lovely Christmas present.

I think I'll play one of the Spawn games now..

Whee...

And please Santa.. if you're listening.. don't let Todd just bring Al back to toy around with him.. he needs to be the star.. the only star..

Quote Originally Posted by GDC3 View Post
    It's probably going to bring me back as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    I know I will

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Al is coming back, I may start reading Spawn again.
    Same here fellow fans of Simmons....agrd & cosignd.

Lets all hope Todd isnt bringing bak Simmons just 2 ruin d xcter or mk him/Simmons a doormat in favor of d terrible Jim Downing xcter.

I also like the fact that Todd said Simmons knows who he is and will be in control
    Its just...just dat bit abt Todd's plans 2 mk Al d "aggressor" dat feels suspiciously BAD.

So glad the man is back!

Do you guys prefer Simmons to walk around with a burnt face or a normal when not masked by the Hellspawn?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Kramer? Guy who headed the program to create super soldiers for Wynn? Experimented on himself leading to his coma?
    **** man, my memory is shot these days with Spawn. I've literally been reading the entire DCnu52. I wish Spawn was a weekly series

Do you guys prefer Simmons to walk around with a burnt face or a normal when not masked by the Hellspawn?
    I like when he can walk around normal and transform like he did there for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Knight View Post
    **** man, my memory is shot these days with Spawn. I've literally been reading the entire DCnu52. I wish Spawn was a weekly series

I like when he can walk around normal and transform like he did there for a while.
    I like that too

Fantastic Member

Simmons! Yes!

When I got back into comics in 2012, I knew I wanted to check in with Spawn, because I had loved it so much in the early-90s. Discovering that it had had a huge change in style and was nothing like it had been, plus the fact that Al Simmons was no longer Spawn, turned me off. (No doubt my own problem more than the book's, because I fully understand McFarlane's ideas about changing and evolving and not always sticking to the same thing just because it's easy.) The new stuff just didn't work for me, so instead I began picking up those great Spawn Origins hardcovers and just reliving the good ol' days.

But learning that Al Simmons is returning, and that a new direction is planned, I'm very excited and looking forward to what's in store. I've always had great affection for the character and hope I can get back into the book.
    Last edited by Michael24; 08-07-2014 at 02:00 PM.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

I really wish they'd move their asses with releasing the Hardcover Origins books. It's been almost a year since a new volume has been put out.

Yeah, from the beginning they were pretty steady, about two per year. I think one year even had three! Hoping they pick up again soon. I've managed to stay on top and get all nine so far almost as soon as they came out.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Same. Even grabbed the Dark Ages Hardcover, Hellspawn Hardcover, and Sam & Twich Vol 1-2 Hardcovers.

Fantastic Member

Man I excited to see Al again